jetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic

Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
They had a Party at Harpoon with Beer and Pretzels for Mosiacs Tonight in Boston if that' some solace to you...
Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by HepperSchepp
They had a Party at Harpoon with Beer and Pretzels for Mosiacs Tonight in Boston if that' some solace to you...
If you don't mind me asking, how did you get notified about this event? I live in Boston, have been Mosaic since 2014 and I didn't hear anything about this!
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I am on target to earn Mosaic this year. I have a friend who is Mosaic who commutes weekly between JFK and Portland, ME and the gate agent will upgrade him to EMS if there is space. Is that not the case at every airport?

While I'm looking forward to the early boarding and no fee changes, the EMS are important to me as well. So I too have been questioning whether it's worth earning status on AA or another carrier next year. With my miles this year, I would be at least AAdvantage Gold.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I am on target to earn Mosaic this year. I have a friend who is Mosaic who commutes weekly between JFK and Portland, ME and the gate agent will upgrade him to EMS if there is space. Is that not the case at every airport?
It is not an official benefit and there's no guarantee it will happen. Sometimes it does but more often it does not IME.

While I'm looking forward to the early boarding and no fee changes, the EMS are important to me as well. So I too have been questioning whether it's worth earning status on AA or another carrier next year. With my miles this year, I would be at least AAdvantage Gold.
As AA Gold you only get access to MCE for free at the OLCI window and then the legroom is 34-36". On the B6 A320s it is 34" today and will be 33" in the new config even without EML.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
It is not an official benefit and there's no guarantee it will happen. Sometimes it does but more often it does not IME.

As AA Gold you only get access to MCE for free at the OLCI window and then the legroom is 34-36". On the B6 A320s it is 34" today and will be 33" in the new config even without EML.
Thanks. I think my issue is more the principle of the fact that B6 doesn't really treat their loyalty members with much loyalty. I can count on one hand how many Mosaic members board almost every flight I'm on. So offering an upgrade to EMS and/or free baggage checks should be a given. I've been on many flights where unassigned passengers(not non-revs) are given the EMS for free. They should be able to provide the same courtesy to Mosaic members if the seats are available.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks. I think my issue is more the principle of the fact that B6 doesn't really treat their loyalty members with much loyalty. I can count on one hand how many Mosaic members board almost every flight I'm on. So offering an upgrade to EMS and/or free baggage checks should be a given.
And I think free changes is far more valuable than the EML seats. I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

I've been on many flights where unassigned passengers(not non-revs) are given the EMS for free. They should be able to provide the same courtesy to Mosaic members if the seats are available.
The same could be said about the upgrades to F on OALs, where they are sold at a discount or you can hope to get one for free. The fact that B6 starts with a sufficiently good product in regular economy skews my view, I suppose, but that's a big deal to me. Not getting EML for free is a non-issue.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
And I think free changes is far more valuable than the EML seats. I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

The same could be said about the upgrades to F on OALs, where they are sold at a discount or you can hope to get one for free. The fact that B6 starts with a sufficiently good product in regular economy skews my view, I suppose, but that's a big deal to me. Not getting EML for free is a non-issue.
It's definitely a matter of perspective however, if someone is spending close to $10K to fly with B6 this year and earns their Mosaic status by doing so, they should be given the option to upgrade to an EMS seat if it's available. With the exception of the E190, most of the EMS seats are in the front of the aircraft which are also better located for exiting at the end of the flight. Again, it's all about perspective and what's important to you. Treating loyal customers with respect is what sustains a business in the long run. Or else they will take their business elsewhere. Being denied an upgrade when it's available is not what I consider to be very respectful to loyal customers.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:36 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a solicitation that would give me Mosaic for 3,750 base points earned in 90 days, but nowhere does it precisely define a base point.

Is it (fare - taxes - 'fees')*3 or is it *6 if booked online on the Jet Blue site? How do you find out the value of (fare - taxes - 'fees') before booking?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I got a solicitation that would give me Mosaic for 3,750 base points earned in 90 days, but nowhere does it precisely define a base point.

Is it (fare - taxes - 'fees')*3 or is it *6 if booked online on the Jet Blue site? How do you find out the value of (fare - taxes - 'fees') before booking?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
I'm wondering the same thing myself since I just got the e-mail. I'm assuming based on this page that base points are calculated as 3 * airfare (not including taxes and fees). Can anyone confirm?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:15 pm

Hi -

That is what they state in the T&C. So yes, you would have to spend $1250 base fare to meet the challenge.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K; AA Plat; B6 Mosaic; SPG Plat
How is the change fee waiver applied to TrueBlue point redemptions? Have people experienced a redeposit fee or is it waived for Mosaics?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:19 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

That is what they state in the T&C. So yes, you would have to spend $1250 base fare to meet the challenge.
Thanks. I searched and literally could not find the T&C! That looks like a total spend of about $1400 to get that base fare. But that could be done in one MINT round trip SFO/LAX-JFK.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AerOklahoma
I'm not really seeing any significant benefits with Mosaic...am I wrong?
Agreed. It's a big fat ZERO with the exception of waived occasional fees. Otherwise, it is so weak that it steers me away from B6 more than it does inspire me spend rev on them.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:56 pm

Hi -

I have always had my points redeposited, no fee or loss of points.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium & LT Gold
I just received my Membership Kit. It's a nice pack in jetBlue Livery that comes with a letter, a Membership Card, a personalized Luggage Tag and a benefits brochure.

Last edited by fmisle; Sep 5, 2015 at 1:16 pm Reason: resizing images

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.