Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue 1416 LGB-AUS: Emergency Landing at LGB

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue 1416 LGB-AUS: Emergency Landing at LGB

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by crazy8534
I think on the video I heard the captain / FO over the tannoy saying 'brace' when they were on short final?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbEi4hQMw78
Yes, I agree with you about that-- but it could have been a passenger yelling, and not an FA, no? The passenger could have been repeating when she heard from the captain-- maybe she had family across the aisle and was worried for their safety?

Although, all that being said...as a pilot, looking at the videos, that was about as normal of a landing as you can get. No major obstacles hurdled on short final, etc. Not taking away from him his decision to get down fast...but I think people have gone a little overboard comparing him to Sully. Did he land with one engine or were they both functional?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FLIHGH
Yes, I agree with you about that-- but it could have been a passenger yelling, and not an FA, no? The passenger could have been repeating when she heard from the captain-- maybe she had family across the aisle and was worried for their safety?
I doubt it. The flight attendants are trained to repeat the command to brace until the aircraft comes to a halt.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Yes my guess is there is a standard procedure for emergency landings that involves the FAs saying "brace."

The video I saw includes a pilot on the PA saying "We've had an engine failure. We're returning to Long Beach. We will try to clear the smoke out of the cabin (not 100% verbatim)." That's why I think they had a pretty good idea of what was going on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.