Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue cuts several routes for DCA expansion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetblue cuts several routes for DCA expansion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by rtalk25
It appears that flight service is very short lived. I thought it was summer seasonal anyways, but it actually ends August 9 about the same time the PHL-FLL, PIT-FLL and RDU-FLL WN flights are yanked, all for DCA.
Perhaps, JetBlue will takeover by replace of WN metal. They will consider PIT/PHL/RDU/CLT-FLL.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I'm going to miss IAD-LGB as well. I've flown that route on JetBlue once or twice a year since 2004. Long Beach is such a convenient airport, especially when going to Orange County as I usually do when in SoCal. And the fares have typically been less expensive than flying to SNA on another airline.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by wahooflyer
I'm going to miss IAD-LGB as well. I've flown that route on JetBlue once or twice a year since 2004. Long Beach is such a convenient airport, especially when going to Orange County as I usually do when in SoCal. And the fares have typically been less expensive than flying to SNA on another airline.
dbl post

Last edited by FLIHGH; Apr 17, 2014 at 8:38 pm
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
I hope they'll replace some of the cut services to NW FL -- US cut all 3 NW FL destinations from DCA (TLH, VPS, and PNS).
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:19 pm

LGB-IAD had been unappealing for the last few years. The eastbound flight was an overnight and the westbound flight was a morning departure. At one time there were four daily flights each direction. Two seems to be workable as VX offers a daytime and overnight flight east and a morning and afternoon flight west. I do not always want to have to fly on a redeye and sometimes I want to spend the day in DC rather than departing in the morning. It probably works better if you live on the IAD end and I am sure the reason was that the schedule improved aircraft utilization on a low yield flight but it was not appealing for business travel.
Old May 4, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by austin_res
Sad to see AUS-SFO being eliminated. Competition from Virgin America and United was too much.
I always thought it was mis-timed if it was to be really useful for work. If you want to get a useful day in the Bay Area the flight has to go out 6:30-7am. I guess there must have been crew or slot reasons for not doing this (the plane overnighted in AUS anyway) but I ended up the only time I used B6 to SFO was for leisure where a later departure & arrival were better.

Similarly the evening VX is awkward for me. It adds extra Hotel cost for trips to the Bay Area. I've also considered using it as a way to get to PDX (I have to go the day before no matter which carrier I use) but a tight connection to the last flight of the day worries me and it's even worse in the other dir3ection. So I'm back to combinations of AA & AS for PDX.
Old May 9, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by N830MH
Did they tried IAD-SMF/SJC/SAN/LAS?
i do not remember SMF or SJC...but i know they did OAK, SAN, and LGB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.