Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

All seats, all flights, $10 (2 days only) - Must buy today!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2010, 5:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

For travel on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week only. Tickets must be purchased today.

Happy Jetting!

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...10-on-jetblue/
http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....386&highlight=

This week, as part of JetBlue Airways' (Nasdaq: JBLU) year-long celebration of 10 years of service, the airline is telling customers to pack their bags, because everyone must go! All remaining non-stop seats on all JetBlue flights operating on Tuesday, May 11 or Wednesday, May 12, 2010 (a) to 59 destinations across the U.S., Caribbean and Central America are available for $10 (a) each way when purchased online at www.jetblue.com/deals/ten-years/ through 11:59 p.m. ET tonight.
Old May 10, 2010, 8:08 am

Just picked up a roundtrip to San Juan.

The taxes were more than the fare !
Old May 10, 2010, 8:29 am

Programs: DL GM, WN AL/CP, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Red face

Originally Posted by sbm12
For travel on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week only. Tickets must be purchased today.

Happy Jetting!

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...10-on-jetblue/
http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....386&highlight=
No surprise here... JAX-JFK-JAX sold out both days!
Old May 10, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
I tried 7 different locations - All sold out!
Old May 10, 2010, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jjlovecub
I tried 7 different locations - All sold out!
Ouch....there were a ton of options form NYC when I started looking this morning. Still options on some of them now. I'm just not sure I can come up with a new destination that offers a few hours on the ground and decent timed flights. :/
Old May 10, 2010, 10:31 am

Great - I already had 2 seats booked for the 12th, Nonrefunndable.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coachgns
Great - I already had 2 seats booked for the 12th, Nonrefunndable.
If you're willing to handle the hold times and if there are still seats available on those flights you have a decent chance of getting a JetBlue credit for the fare difference; just call in.

I booked JFK-FLL-IAD-JFK for tomorrow. Quick trip with no time on the ground to speak of; might try to go standby earlier to FLL as the 25 minute connection has me a tad worried, about lunch, if nothing else.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:41 am

I'm on hold with them now to try that.
But the Odd thing is that when I log onto the JB site, my reservation does not show up - whether I log in with my True Blue # or use the Confirmation #.
But I do have an email from them confirming the flight, and I can get a detailed receipt for my purchase
But it says I have no flights booked, and my COnf # is nonexistent. (I both typed it in, and Cut & Pasted it - neither works)

Also - the Car reservation I made when I booked is missing also.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: CO, US, AA
In, for a day in SAN and then the redeye back on Wed. $82 all in for 2.
With (presumably) nearly every seat sold ex-JFK, I bet T5 will be a lot busier than a typical Wed morning!
Old May 10, 2010, 11:01 am

To cancel my flight & rebook $10 seats would cost more after the 100 fee & taxes.

Still cannot see my flight online however. The JB agent says "That happens. I don't know why, but I often have people tell me about that glitch."

I asked if it would likely be corrected by tomorrow so I'll be able to print my boarding passes, and she had no idea.
Old May 10, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: 1K, Diamond
Actually this is a mess... the reservations system can't handle the sale. I Tried buying ORD-BOS flights multiple times and each time the computer showed availability for outgoing and return on the 10th. However, it would never process and then on the error page offered up the same flights I tried booking. This happened several times, and I could even search and find the same flights but to no avail on booking.

Even called reservations and the woman had to apologize. She said the system's overwhelmed and they even got an email about the problem.

Didn't they just jet over to a new reservations system???
Old May 10, 2010, 11:40 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

As of the time of this post, plenty of IAD-BOS-IAD availability for both promotional days.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

To cancel my flight & rebook $10 seats would cost more after the 100 fee & taxes.
There is no $100 fee to re-fare when a cheaper fare is offered on the same exact flights.

Originally Posted by GreenTrees
Didn't they just jet over to a new reservations system???
Yup. It is behaving better today than it was a few weeks back when they did the $10 sale to the first 10 destinations, but it is still crapping out every now and then. I missed a few opportunities as inventory was changing during the booking process.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:47 pm

I'm on hold with them now to try that.
But the Odd thing is that when I log onto the JB site, my reservation does not show up - whether I log in with my True Blue # or use the Confirmation #.
But I do have an email from them confirming the flight, and I can get a detailed receipt for my purchase
But it says I have no flights booked, and my COnf # is nonexistent. (I both typed it in, and Cut & Pasted it - neither works)

Also - the Car reservation I made when I booked is missing also.
This is, unfortunately, an extremely common problem, which has popped up a bunch on this forum. While I can't vouch for the car rental, I can say with some confidence that your flight reservation does still exist, and will most likely reappear during the online check-in window (but you may have to use confirmation # and NOT trueblue login in order to find it). Definitely a major pain-in-the-butt, and I hope jetblue gets this fixed.
Old May 10, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
So sick of these "technical problems" messages as I try to book a flight. I found a JFK-BOS-SAN, was moving as quickly as I could and.....boom! technicial glitch, please refresh....and the flight is gone!

Then I call customer service and I remember why I haven't flown JB in years after it was my #1 carrier since the airline launched. So unhelpful, no desire to look for alternate routes, I had to ask them to try this and try that, no suggestions from on their part. It is like night and day vs customer service from other airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.