Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jetblue interview process

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by reserved
I also did a drug test and not sure about background check, but it sounds promising. Still waiting. The drug test was last Wednesday, I did immediately after the interview. How long should I wait til they call me? I have a clean record.

Also, the position is part-time Airport Operations Clerk. Does that mean we get free flights anywhere anytime, no limits? Even part-timers? What do you usually do to board a flight, show ID?

Thanks.
As JAX2BOS said you get unlimited Space Available Travel Benefits on JetBlue. All of the good stuff should be explained with in the first few days of orientation. We even allow non-pilots and flight attendants access to the jumpseats so long as there aren't any pilots or flight attendants signed up. Flight Attendants get first crack at the jumpseats so long as their are no must-rides and pilots get first crack at theirs under the same conditions.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
As JAX2BOS said you get unlimited Space Available Travel Benefits on JetBlue. All of the good stuff should be explained with in the first few days of orientation. We even allow non-pilots and flight attendants access to the jumpseats so long as there aren't any pilots or flight attendants signed up. Flight Attendants get first crack at the jumpseats so long as their are no must-rides and pilots get first crack at theirs under the same conditions.
To clarify, flight deck jumpseats are not open to all employees. Pilots do get first crack, but only against a very limited set of employees who are allowed to be there, which is pretty much just pilots and dispatchers. Flight attendant jumpseats in the cabin, though, are open to all employees, which is a very nice benefit of JetBlue that no other carrier I'm aware of offers.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by T/BE20/G
To clarify, flight deck jumpseats are not open to all employees. Pilots do get first crack, but only against a very limited set of employees who are allowed to be there, which is pretty much just pilots and dispatchers. Flight attendant jumpseats in the cabin, though, are open to all employees, which is a very nice benefit of JetBlue that no other carrier I'm aware of offers.
Correct about the flight deck. Thanks. I forgot to clarify that part. Only CASS approved pilots are allowed up in the flight deck.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

I've been contacted by JetBlue, reguarding the form I signed for my background check. It was an old form, so they asked me to sign a new one. From there I was contacted by the third party to perform the check. Now, I wait.... I hope to hear something soon!!! How much notice would they give (should they hire me) before they send me to training in Orlando?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 2:34 pm

Usually you get a couple of weeks before they schedule you for a class. It is going to depend on when they have classes scheduled.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:16 am

I just finished Res training at Jetblue and was moved up to Groups and am in training for that now. As you as you complete your training, you can fly for free. However, it is always standby. if you want a confirmed seat you have to pay. Your passes on other airlines are also standby. The prices vary. On Southwest, you can fly for $25 each way on a pass, again it is standby.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:24 pm

I don't want to hijack your thread - but I recently got hired on as a JetBlue intern at their Forest Hills, NY office.

Can any employee chime in if interns are allowed to fly non-rev on AA metal? I thought we were, but no confirmation...thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kalun47
Can any employee chime in if interns are allowed to fly non-rev on AA metal? I thought we were, but no confirmation...thanks.
Not yet. There is a new pass agreement coming for crewmembers later this spring. It is part of the deal with the AA slot swap.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:51 pm

As a disclaimer though. Like most airlines you must complete a 6 month probation period before you are allowed to non-rev on other airlines.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
Not yet. There is a new pass agreement coming for crewmembers later this spring. It is part of the deal with the AA slot swap.
awesome. I will be starting in early June. hopefully, the new agreement would be in place by then...
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Kalun47
I don't want to hijack your thread - but I recently got hired on as a JetBlue intern at their Forest Hills, NY office.

Congrats! I did that last summer, PM me if you have questions. But no, college crew don't get to non-rev on other carriers.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:24 pm

hi everyone

I am a college student and i have an interview with jet blue next week. i would like to know if jetblue offers insurance for part-time employees. i plan to work 20 to 25 hours a week *the weekend*
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by smurf84
hi everyone

I am a college student and i have an interview with jet blue next week. i would like to know if jetblue offers insurance for part-time employees. i plan to work 20 to 25 hours a week *the weekend*
I believe that everybody has the ability to get insurance through JetBlue. I believe it is a bit different from what the Full-Time crewmembers get but you still do get some type of coverage.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by smurf84
hi everyone

Part-time crewmembers do get some coverage, but IIRC it's not very good.
Old May 2, 2010, 5:38 pm

Hi Everyone,
I was just hoping someone can give me a little information on the hiring process. I applied for a position of Airport Operations Crewmember about 3 weeks ago online and my staus of my application says "under consideration". It has said this since I applied and I check it daily, but now I see that the positon I applied for has been taken off the list of available jobs, but my status still says "under consideration." Is that a good thing? Do you think they took if off the list because they have enough people they want to interview? Should I have heard something by now? Any feedback anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.