Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: joejones
Options for transferring between Tokyo's two airports :

Taxi:
Beween NRT and Tokyo City including HND, fixed fare is approved by government. In most of the cases, fixed fares are cheaper than meter fares. Advance booking required. Tolls are not included.
Limousine Bus (link):
Rail (link):
Print Wikipost

Transport between Narita and Haneda airports, Japan [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You could go from Haneda to Narita directly by bus
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/tim...r_tokyu_h.html
The website says 75 minutes.

I assume from your post that you won't want to do this. My own guesstimate would get you to the city for 8am (perhaps a little earlier) and need you to leave Tokyo at 1:30pm for you to be at NRT for 3pm. About 5.5 hours.

You can plan a route and timetable using http://www.hyperdia.com/ (select English). There are several train routes between Haneda Airport and Narita Aiport ranging in price and time. You can get from HND to central Tokyo in 20-30 minutes (longer depending on where you go), expect the journey to NRT from central Tokyo to NRT to take at least 1.5 hours.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
Keihin Kyuko to Keisei via Asakusa Metro

I think you can take keihim from Haneda, connect to Asakusa line, and connect to Keihin which runs Ltd Express to Narita once an hour

6:00 in the morning you should have plenty of time to visit the city. Keihin I think is the cheapest to go, although the Bus from Ningyo-cho might be easier. Also I believe they have buses from major hotels around town.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA GLD
Thanks - this was helpful.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
There are directs on Keikyu line from HND-NRT.

The worst case is Keikyu Line from Haneda to Sengakugi Stn, Asakusa Subway Line to Aoto Stn, then Keisei Line to NRT.

I would take Keikyu Line to Shinagawa Stn. Change to JR Yamanote Line to JR Ueno Stn. Store bags in a locker at the Keisei Ueno Stn. Walk thru the Okachimachi market. Proceed down to Akihabara. Have lunch along the way. Take the JR Yamanote Line back to Ueno Stn. Then walk over to the Keisei Stn and take a 1:30PM train to Narita.

Taking the Tokyo Monorail from Haneda to JR Yamanote Line at Hamamatsucho Stn is an alternative route. Today there are express on the Monorail.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)
Originally Posted by SJUAMMF
There are directs on Keikyu line from HND-NRT.
Can you clarify? The Keikyu route map doesn't show anything beyond the stop beyond shinagawa (don't know those characters)

http://norikae.keikyu.co.jp/transit/apps/T1?AN=0

But the jikokuhyo shows a handful of Narita Kuko destinations

http://norikae.keikyu.co.jp/transit/...3?AN=0&SF=2821

But the earliest one of the day seems to be at 1843.

Then there are bunch of trains to this station....
京成成田
I recognize Narita as the last 2 characters and the Kei of Keikyu
so is there a station called Kei-Nari-Narita ??

Last edited by CVO 1K 2 Million; Jul 25, 2008 at 12:18 pm Reason: remove misleading character
Old Jul 25, 2008, 1:49 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
That is Keisei Narita.
京成成田
Old Jul 25, 2008, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)
Originally Posted by schoflyer
That is Keisei Narita.
京成成田
Thanks
What's the difference (i.e. physical location) between Keisei Narita and
Narita Kuko (成田空港)
Old Jul 25, 2008, 3:25 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CVO 1K 2 Million
Thanks
What's the difference (i.e. physical location) between Keisei Narita and
Narita Kuko (成田空港)
Keisei Narita (京成成田) station is in the city of Narita about 6-8 minutes by train from the Narita Airport (成田空港). There are two stops at the Narita Airport - Terminal 2 which is closer to the city, and Terminal 1 which is the terminus.

http://maps.google.co.jp/maps?f=q&hl...,0.173035&z=13

On the timetable you mentioned below

http://norikae.keikyu.co.jp/transit/...3?AN=0&SF=2821

trains going to Narita Airport are marked "空" (for 空港).

The station next to Shinagawa on your Keikyu route map is Sengakuji (泉岳寺).
Old Jul 25, 2008, 3:37 pm

Programs: Dirt
Keisei Narita station is in Narita town. It is outside of the airport by about 10 minutes. The Keisei in front of the station name is to distinguish it from the JR Narita station.

Narita Kuukou is the station in the basement of terminal 1 in Narita Airport.

You are reading the timetable right that the first train that goes from Haneda to Narita Airport without a transfer leaves at 18:43. In other times, you can take one of the other trains and transfer at Aoto/Takasago/Sakura to a Keisei Limited Express bound for Narita Airport.

Keisei's site has a timetable for taking train from Haneda Airport to their train network. The bottom row shows which station the transfer takes place.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 11:17 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Just a quick post to repeat this advice -- it's usually quicker and easier to take a bus from HND to NRT.

The first person to post had some time to spend in Tokyo, so it made sense to take a train into town and look around before going to NRT. But if you're just trying to go from HND to NRT in the shortest time, I'd recommend the bus.

Last edited by jib71; Jul 25, 2008 at 11:28 pm
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:35 am

short 8 hr layover from Narita to Haneda

Hi members,

I wanted to have a short layover and fly red-eye from San Francisco to Singapore. Only problem is that I've got to get 1 26" luggage and backpack from airport to airport.

I'll be landing 3:15p in NRT and fly out at 11:30p same nite from Haneda.

I wanted to stop by Shibuya since the crossing was featured on tokyo drift, as well as the famous Starbucks, and Hachiko statue. any other recommendations for food nearby or other cultural places not to miss would be appreciated.

Tentative plan is to get off the plane then get a SUica+nex card and take the Narita aiport express to transfer at Shinagawa to Keikyu Airport Exp.
to Haneda and drop my luggage- i'm hoping they'll let me check it in 5 hrs before my flt. Alternatively I could lock luggage at Shinagawa and then take the JR line to Shibuya or other places and then go back to SHinagawa near 9p and then take the Keikyu express to Haneda.

thank you for any suggestions in advance.

-surewin
Old Nov 24, 2010, 5:38 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Buy N'EX + Suica combo at Narita
Take N'EX to Shinagawa
Put luggage in locker at Shinagawa
Use Suica for Yamanote line ride to Shibuya and back to Shinagawa.
From Shinagawa, use Suica on Keikyu line to Haneda
If any remaining SUICA balance, use it to buy snacks
Get a refund on the SUICA deposit at Haneda
Old Nov 25, 2010, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just a minor correction

1. There should be locker inside Shinagawa gate area, Lock your luggage there and exit shibuya with your NEX ticket

2. There should be some Suica enabled locker which helps you to spend your 1500 yen credit
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
At Shinagawa Station there are definitely lockers "train side" () inside the ticketing gates, so you don't have to exit out. However those lockers (the large ones) might already be in use when you get there. There should be also lockers at Shibuya Station, however I have not used lockers at Shibuya before to comment.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Narita to Haneda

I'm sure this has been covered numerous times, but what is the best way to get from Narita to Haneda right now?

I arrive on AA61 at 1600 and leave on JL35 to SIN at 2350. I know the limo bus is the easiest but not the cheapest or fastest option (Y3000). I know there are no direct trains at that hour. I believe I can do it in one transfer at Aoto station for Y1700, but I will have two small carry-ons (backpack and roller) and it will be rush hour.

So, I have almost 8 hours to clear customs and get to Haneda. What would you do?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.