Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: joejones
Options for transferring between Tokyo's two airports :

Taxi:
Beween NRT and Tokyo City including HND, fixed fare is approved by government. In most of the cases, fixed fares are cheaper than meter fares. Advance booking required. Tolls are not included.
Limousine Bus (link):
Rail (link):
Print Wikipost

Transport between Narita and Haneda airports, Japan [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2006, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA CK EXP 3MM, National EE, Hertz Plat
Transportation Narita to Haneda

We usually take the "airport limo" from Narita to Haneda and spend 7500 yen. I have been searching online for private car options for this Summer. Any ideas to a economical private car service? I realize 7500 yen is going to be the cheapest but would like a nice private car. I can't rationalize 30,000 yen however. Anyone know any "secret " car service that is hafway reasonable?

Joel
Old Apr 26, 2006, 4:54 pm

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
As far as I know there is a a fixed fare system operating from Narita to Tokyo (14,000-19,000 depending on which part of Tokyo). Unfortunately you also have to pay the highway tolls and sometimes a parking fee for the taxi on top. I'm not aware that there are any bargains to be had.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA CK EXP 3MM, National EE, Hertz Plat
A fixed price. That makes sense as to why there seems to be no deal. Well the "limo" it will be!

Joel
Old Jun 24, 2006, 12:03 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)
In this thread (I searched a few others too but this seems to be the best one) are two somewhat conflicting pieces of data about a direct train from NRT to HND:
#1 Excerpt
I think NRT-HND direct train connections are no longer there on Keisei. They reworked the timetable and you need now to change trains at Aoto station on the way (same platform transfer,not that difficult unless you know where the station is!).
#2 Excerpt
Taking the train is slower, usually requires changes and is (slightly) more expensive -- but it's pretty much guaranteed to get you there in ~100 minutes. There are some direct NRT-HND services on Keisei now though; problem is, the middle of the trip runs through Toei Asakusa line subway tracks, meaning the train stops at every single station... some options:
=======================
Can anyone clarify the current status of this train?
Other details:
I arrive @ 0635 in NRT and have a 1040 flight from HND but in between those times (if I went via bus) is rush hour...
Old Jun 24, 2006, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by jpatokal
Not necessarily -- most flights from "Osaka" leave from Itami (ITM), which is a two-hour-minimum slog away from KIX. There aren't all that many domestic KIX flights, just like there aren't that many domestic NRT services either.

!
Mmmm, I took the bus from Itami to Kansai, took 50 minutes (it was around lunch-time). I'd hardly describe it as a "slog". Info I've seen suggests 70 minutes as normal for Kansai to Itami. Buses run every 30 minutes, 1700 yen (2004 circa)
Old Jun 24, 2006, 8:39 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by CVO 1K 2 Million
Can anyone clarify the current status of this train?
Other details:
I arrive @ 0635 in NRT and have a 1040 flight from HND but in between those times (if I went via bus) is rush hour...
There are few direct trains on the Keisei line from NRT to HND -

The critical thing will be how quickly you get out of immigration and customs. If you're in the arrivals lounge by 7.15, then you can make it onto the only direct (no connections/ no changes) train that will work for you.

Keisei Express - 07.30am departure from NRT - arrives at 09.16 at HND

As you can see - It's very slow.

If you don't make it onto that 07.30am train...

You could take the 7.51am Keisei Morning Liner - and change at Aoto. Gets you to Haneda at 09.42

There are various other rail options after that (including some quite complicated mixes of JR and private rail with multiple changes of train). Bear in mind that those morning trains are going to be very full....

If I didn't make it onto the 7.30am train, I'd be inclined to take the bus - departures every 15 minutes. Journey time is supposed to be 75 mins, but will be longer in the morning rush hour.... but probably still OK.

All in all though, it's a tight connection - Maybe better to take a later flight to Hakodate.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 8:43 am

Programs: UA, NW
A detailed description of the train options (in charmingly Japanese English) may be found at the following URL:

http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~ito-nori/spot/nrt_hnd.html
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:53 am

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Talking

Or just simply use : http://hyperdia.com/

Select "english" from the upper left corner of page and enter Narita Airport as From and destination as Haneda.

It will give you timetables also based on the time you select and the date you choose.

Sanosuke!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 2:14 am

Programs: Sunoco Gas Card
If anyone could offer any advice... we are scheduled to arrive NRT from HNL 1:30pm on a Friday. Our choice is:

Ground transfer to Haneda for a 4:30pm or 5:00pm flight.
-or-
wait around Narita until 6:10pm flight.

Is the hassle of getting the bus (not interested in the train) worth saving a few hours? Is 3 or 3.5 hours enough for a ground transit between airports?

Thank you!
Old Dec 12, 2007, 2:22 pm

AA/JL NRT to HND Connection

Here's the situation: My brother will be arriving at Narita off AA153 from ORD at 315PM; his connection to OKA (JL927) departs 4:40 later from Haneda. What is the best, least stressful way to do the transfer? Any other advice? (I already put him on the upper deck of the 744 HND-OKA, so that's already done )

Coming back, thankfully, he'll be on an ANA flight straight to Narita and from there onto AA to DFW, then GSP.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Not sure what this question has anything to do with AA??? (yes, I do know he's flying AA, but???)

anyways,

a quick look at the Narita airport website (Google) would have given you the following result:

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/acce...eda/index.html
Old Dec 12, 2007, 4:53 pm

Do a search in the Japan forum--this topic has been discussed at length there. I think the general consensus is that bus is the easiest, but train may be slightly faster.

Also, for the return, keep in mind that ANA and AA use different terminals at NRT.

Alex
Old Dec 12, 2007, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA, NH
The bus is a little bit faster but costs about 1,000yen more. Airport Limousine costs 3,000yen and takes 60-80minutes depending on traffic to get to Haneda.

The cheapest train with the least amount of connections costs 1,850yen from Narita Terminal 2 to Haneda (Narita Exp. to Shinagawa Stn, transfer to Keikyu Line to get to Haneda). Total travel time including the transfer is around 90 minutes though.

The bus is definitely the least stressful though.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 2:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
Originally Posted by GSP flyer
Here's the situation: My brother will be arriving at Narita off AA153 from ORD at 315PM; his connection to OKA (JL927) departs 4:40 later from Haneda. What is the best, least stressful way to do the transfer? Any other advice? (I already put him on the upper deck of the 744 HND-OKA, so that's already done )

Coming back, thankfully, he'll be on an ANA flight straight to Narita and from there onto AA to DFW, then GSP.
For a minute I thought you wrote he was departing at 4:40pm and I was going to say thats would be almost impossible. But I assume 4hrs 40minutes later, then that would be enough time. Again, take the bus.

suppo,
The Narita Express doesn't cost 1890 from NRT to Shinagawa it costs 3110yen if you were paying for a full priced ticket (minus Suica & Nex) the JR Rapid train would cost 1450.

However the hassle free way is to just take the bus.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA GLD
Haneda to Narita

My current (tentative) itinerary has me flying into Haneda from Hong Kong, arriving at 6:30 in the morning and flying out of Narita at 4:45 that same afternoon. Does anyone know how long the transfer would be and how to best (quickest and cheapest) do it? Also, would I have time to spend in Tokyo (or near either airport)?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.