Wiki Posts
Search

Getting to Itami in the morning

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Could you explain why your family making two separate trips from St. Regis to ITM on different days is different from making one trip? Taxi will be there no matter what, whether it is Monday or Tuesday, whether it is 6 a.m. or it is 6 p.m.

Why not you simply take a taxi to ITM on Monday and your rest of family do same on Tuesday? Why things become different when it involves two separate trips on different day?
#1 , I haven't been to Osaka in over ten years and plan on re visiting a few times this and next year. So it's better to know everything now than learn later on.
#2 , I have to leave a day earlier for work.
#3 , Taxi is better, I actually was not aware the taxi was at that price as I was expecting it to be like Kansai which was hundreds. Idk about you, I'm not a taxi fan. To be more clear why I'm not a taxi fan especially in Japan is because I've been told to get off once because the guy didn't want to read my phone. (Last December in Tokyo) Obviously I don't speak Japanese. Taxi's also are really known for taking longer routes on purpose, and etc. If I was looking to spend that kind of money i.e. hundreds of dollars on a taxi, I would have just done the hotel chauffeur.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Still not sure how making two different trips will make the difference, if you do not like to take taxi then single trip will be the same… But if you do not like taxi then you could mention that on your first post. Now you tell us you do not like to take taxi…

No matter what, from St. Regis you will need to take taxi as part of journey to ITM if you have large luggage.

Tokyo has Limousine Bus which arrive at departs from front of various hotels. But Osaka does not have that type of airport bus service. If you want to avoid taking taxi to the airport at Osaka then have to choose a hotel which is convenient for airport bus service.

Regarding taxi fare to airports from St. Regis, KIX has flat rate of 14,000 yen plus tolls (US$ 124.96 plus tolls). For ITM taxi fare from St. Regis will be somewhere from 4,500 yen to 5,300 yen plus toll (US$ 40.16 – 47.30 plus toll).

I am getting an impression that you think if you take a cab from St. Regis to ITM then good chance a cab driver will take long routing and end up with a fare of US$ 70 – 80, or even US$ 100?

I think we all are trying to help and trying to provide useful information you are asking… More information you can provide to us about your situation, our answers will be more to your need.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Yes Tokyo is really convenient like HKG.

Sounds like I will go all taxi/uber.

I'm a big fan of Uber/using flat rate taxi's where-ever I go. But as far as just catching a cab on the street, not really a fan of that. Which is why I created this thread to see if the taxi was reasonable and to see if there's any taxi apps or flat rate taxi's. This of course is future planning not only for this trip but other future trips to osaka/kyoto.
Old May 25, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA, NW
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Yes Tokyo is really convenient like HKG.

Sounds like I will go all taxi/uber.

I'm a big fan of Uber/using flat rate taxi's where-ever I go. But as far as just catching a cab on the street, not really a fan of that. Which is why I created this thread to see if the taxi was reasonable and to see if there's any taxi apps or flat rate taxi's. This of course is future planning not only for this trip but other future trips to osaka/kyoto.
As several people have said, you're going from a major hotel to an airport that is much closer to the city than KIX is.

Just have the hotel concierge arrange a taxi or two for you already.
Old May 25, 2017, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
If you read the information on the website shown in Japanese, it indicates that this is limited time offer and the offer ends on May 31. Also, this offer is valid only if reserved two days in advance using MK Taxi app on a cell phone.

You are staying at one of the major hotels in Osaka, there should be taxi waiting to pick people up at your hotel. I say just take a taxi from your hotel to ITM. Is it really that much worth spending several pages on a website talking about how to get form St. Regis to ITM? Just take a taxi. In Japan you do not have to worry about if some taxi drivers will stiff you or not.
I hope you were reading correctly.

There is a special promotion. March 1 to May 31st & Jun 1 to Aug 31st (free booking if reserved two days in advance + car upgrade)

If you scroll to the bottom it shows you the flat rate booked and used anytime after March 1st, 2017.

MK taxi is one of the best and cheapest in Japan.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I'm on the same flight at 0750 in the morning, connecting to an international flight at Narita. This will be a Monday morning, Is the bus departing Namba at 0600 arriving at 0625 enough to go through rush-hour and security checks?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by Gnopps
I'm on the same flight at 0750 in the morning, connecting to an international flight at Narita. This will be a Monday morning, Is the bus departing Namba at 0600 arriving at 0625 enough to go through rush-hour and security checks?
Actually, that bus is scheduled to arrive at 06:35. Plenty of time. It's a small airport, very efficient. One hour ahead is fine. Even 45 minutes ahead of departure is fine. There is a special check-in counter set up for flights transferring to an international flight in Tokyo in the same area as the regular domestic check-in counters. Look for the signs.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Baggage drop off deadline is ~20 minutes for purely domestic itinerary https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/domestic...enu=carry-rule , and extra 5 minutes if you have a connecting international flight

>> security checks?
5 minute wait maximum.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Thank you both for your replies!
Ps. the Namba-bus arrives at 0625: [N]Namba/OCAT(JR Namba Sta.) to Osaka(Itami)Airport | Timetable, Bus Stop & Fare | Osaka Airport Limousine OKKBUS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.