Search

First Cabin Haneda questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer, Virgin Velocity, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond
First Cabin Haneda questions

Hi everyone,

I am flying into Haneda around 5am, and since i can't check into Hilton Tokyo until 3pm, i was planning to sleep for a few hours at First Cabin Haneda in T1.

Has anyone ever walk in and book for a short stay here in the early morning ? If so, how many hours can you book for ? And can you pick the room type that you want ? (First Class, Business Class etc)

I have emailed them about this on Monday but no reply yet. And i don't think you can book for short stays on their website.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:37 am

I would imagine some guests would be getting up for morning flights between 5-8 am and it may be a bit noisy around the cabins if you're trying to go to sleep. The cabins aren't fully enclosed with solid doors. Reviews also note that it is consistently fully booked and I believe cleaning is done mid-day so walk up availability isn't likely.

This thread might be of interest:
Arriving Haneda at 5am. What should I do?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I have used First Cabin once between long layover from international to domestic. Between 7 p.m. and 10 a.m. is overnight stay only. However, there is early mooning stay between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m. where you pay 3000 yen/3 hrs. After 10 a.m. you can stay at the rate of 1000 yen/hr.

Place was quite when I used the facility. TV in each cubical is by head phone only so you do not hear TV from neighbor. It is true you may not get a feeling of total seclusion in a room like typical hotel, but sliding blind fold instead of actual door does not bother you then I think it is fine. Cabin and shower facilities are segregated by gender, but shower facility is communal like gym shower.

You can make advance reservation via website.

Also, Hilton Tokyo does have day use rate, which is as much as overnight rate and only available from 12 noon to 6 p.m., I don’t see much of value. If the day use rate is as much as overnight then another idea is to book a hotel from an evening before your arrival and tell hotel you are checking in around 7 a.m. next morning.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by desafinado74
Hi everyone,

I am flying into Haneda around 5am, and since i can't check into Hilton Tokyo until 3pm, i was planning to sleep for a few hours at First Cabin Haneda in T1.

Has anyone ever walk in and book for a short stay here in the early morning ? If so, how many hours can you book for ? And can you pick the room type that you want ? (First Class, Business Class etc)

I have emailed them about this on Monday but no reply yet. And i don't think you can book for short stays on their website.
Did this last year. Slept on the plane, used the showers at Haneda, and took the limo bus to Hilton Tokyo. Was expecting just to drop bags with bellhop and come back that afternoon. Hah! Staff insisted on checking in, upgraded to Exec room then, was apologized to because the room wasn't ready yet and invited to use the fitness center if I'd like to shower and change and the Exec Lounge for breakfast.

Do you have any status with Hilton? Regardless, I'd just contact the hotel and see about arranging an early check in so it's settled prior to arrival. There always seems to be a number of early morning arrivals there when I've stayed since.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for the helpful replies.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
I have used First Cabin once between long layover from international to domestic. Between 7 p.m. and 10 a.m. is overnight stay only. However, there is early mooning stay between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m. where you pay 3000 yen/3 hrs. After 10 a.m. you can stay at the rate of 1000 yen/hr.

Place was quite when I used the facility. TV in each cubical is by head phone only so you do not hear TV from neighbor. It is true you may not get a feeling of total seclusion in a room like typical hotel, but sliding blind fold instead of actual door does not bother you then I think it is fine. Cabin and shower facilities are segregated by gender, but shower facility is communal like gym shower.

You can make advance reservation via website.

Also, Hilton Tokyo does have day use rate, which is as much as overnight rate and only available from 12 noon to 6 p.m., I don’t see much of value. If the day use rate is as much as overnight then another idea is to book a hotel from an evening before your arrival and tell hotel you are checking in around 7 a.m. next morning.
Hi Always Aisle,
I did email Hilton and they did note in my file that i would like an early check in. (Subject to availability)

As for First Cabin Haneda, did you book the morning stay when you arrived in Haneda ? Or you made an advance reservation ? I had a look at the reservation page, and i don't think you can book the morning stay online.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Did this last year. Slept on the plane, used the showers at Haneda, and took the limo bus to Hilton Tokyo. Was expecting just to drop bags with bellhop and come back that afternoon. Hah! Staff insisted on checking in, upgraded to Exec room then, was apologized to because the room wasn't ready yet and invited to use the fitness center if I'd like to shower and change and the Exec Lounge for breakfast.

Do you have any status with Hilton? Regardless, I'd just contact the hotel and see about arranging an early check in so it's settled prior to arrival. There always seems to be a number of early morning arrivals there when I've stayed since.
Hello Rustykettel,
Unfortunately i am just an ordinary Hilton Honours member, not gold or diamond. Do you have elite status with them ? I do hope i get an early check in too ! I did email them about it and they said that my request will be noted down, but no guarantee of an early check in though.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by desafinado74
Hello Rustykettel,
Unfortunately i am just an ordinary Hilton Honours member, not gold or diamond. Do you have elite status with them ? I do hope i get an early check in too ! I did email them about it and they said that my request will be noted down, but no guarantee of an early check in though.
Yes, was Gold. Some quick googling found a blogger (also Gold) was charged a check-in fee ($80, not sure what the JPY price actually was) though we weren't. That may be because we didn't actually get our room until the afternoon?

Good luck, safe travels and let us know how it turns out!
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Yes, was Gold. Some quick googling found a blogger (also Gold) was charged a check-in fee ($80, not sure what the JPY price actually was) though we weren't. That may be because we didn't actually get our room until the afternoon?

Good luck, safe travels and let us know how it turns out!
Thank you for the well wishes, Rustykettel ! Sure, i will report back
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:04 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Unrelated posts about yakiniku have been moved here: Yakiniku at/near Haneda Airport

Regards,
armagebedar
Japan forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.