Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special flavor Kit Kats

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 10:14 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

She might be able to find a sakura matcha flavor at NRT, and something with blueberry, but other than those two, the only other ones I've ever seen there are match, strawberry, strawberry cheesecake, and a standard issue flavor.

I've heard that there's a place to get more at Tokyo station, but I can't recall the name.
Old May 12, 2014, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you can stand to go to Ikebukuro:

http://www.timeout.jp/en/tokyo/venue...at-Chocolatory

There's currently a very odd "bake your own" version that is widely available, wasn't tempted to get it myself, might interest your friend though
http://nestle.jp/brand/kit/bake/

Last edited by LapLap; May 12, 2014 at 11:06 am
Old May 12, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Many of the really "interesting" flavors are limited time, promotional items. As such, they are often not all available at the same time. Many of the times I have visited, I have found something new, only to never see it again.
Old May 12, 2014, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
As noted in LapLap's TimeOut link, Seibu Department Store Ikebukuro opened a Kit Kat Store in their food court:
http://www.sogo-seibu.jp.e.ld.hp.tra.../en/ikebukuro/
Old May 12, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Originally Posted by LapLap
There's currently a very odd "bake your own" version that is widely available, wasn't tempted to get it myself, might interest your friend though
http://nestle.jp/brand/kit/bake/
There are many commercials about this "bake your kit kat" I initially thought it was little mochi that you bake until slightly crispy brown then I realized it was a kit kat commercial.

It looks like a pop tart concept kit kat.
Old May 12, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Pacific Mall at the outskirt of YYZ (where OP is) has the most selection of Japanese Kit Kat at a single location, arguably even compared to Japan. 2 shops at either end of the mall selling the stuff.

You can certainly find more than 4 different flavours threre (outside of the "normal" selection of regular, strawberry and green tea, which are available even at T&T supermarket)

In Japan, Green Tea and Strawberry flavours can be purchased cheap (399 per bag) at Donki .
Old May 12, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Japanese Kit Kat

Thanks all for the quick reply.
Old May 12, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by abmj-jr
Many of the really "interesting" flavors are limited time, promotional items. As such, they are often not all available at the same time. Many of the times I have visited, I have found something new, only to never see it again.
And region specific. For instance red imo (sweet potato) in Kyushu and Okinawa.

http://nestle.jp/brand/kit/product/
Old May 12, 2014, 10:50 pm

Japanese Kit Kat

At tokyo station in the basement shopping area we got some strawberry cheesecake and also red bean sandwich ones but they also had some purple yam, wasabi, strawberry, citrus ones as well
Old May 12, 2014, 10:59 pm

Yep, I posted about that on here before. There is a store in Tokyo station that has tons of flavors. I can find it on the map again if needed.
Old May 12, 2014, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Seems like a lot of hassle for your friend....
Old May 14, 2014, 7:58 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jaybert
At tokyo station in the basement shopping area we got some strawberry cheesecake and also red bean sandwich ones but they also had some purple yam, wasabi, strawberry, citrus ones as well
Originally Posted by MissJ
Yep, I posted about that on here before. There is a store in Tokyo station that has tons of flavors. I can find it on the map again if needed.
Sorry in Japanese only or Google 'Shokoku Gotochi Plaza'.

http://www.tokyoeki-1bangai.co.jp/shop/66
Old May 14, 2014, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Ichinensei
A friend of mine is visiting from Japan this weekend. And I am trying to get me as many kinds of Japanese kit kat flavours as possible. So far, she has only been able to find white, black, strawberry and green tea. I'm quite disappointed. Aren't there more interesting flavours? I've bought wasabi ones before. And I know there are like grapes, cookies and cream etc. Does anyone know if the stores at NArita have more variety? Or if you guys know any store in Tokyo that has all the regional flavours. I think some of the stores in Ameyoko might have it but she lives in Kanagawa and sound reluctant to go that far. hhehe. any help will be awesome
Narita would usually have green tea, wasabi, blueberry or strawberry cheesecake. I have also picked a Rum and Raisin one at one of the smaller shops. Suggest to your friend to check out the smaller souvenir shops (or pharmacies or convenient stores) in Narita rather than the larger FaSoLa duty free shops. The smaller shops would have some LE flavours that are no longer avail in the bigger ones.

I've also picked up a Hokkaido Red Bean one in Haneda last month (in addition to the toasted original and pudding flavours and the Kyoto regional flavours which I picked up in town).
Old May 14, 2014, 9:55 pm

Narita should have every flavor currently available in Tokyo, including the ones that are attraction-specific. It's not just three or four flavors. You just have to walk around the shopping area a bit. There are many shops that sell Kit Kat but there are a couple that specialize in it.

As others have said, you're probably only going to find the current flavors. But you'll find all of them at Narita.

I took a photo in 2010 of one small display rack at one shop in Narita and I count nine different flavors on it.
Old May 18, 2014, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by beep88
In Japan, Green Tea and Strawberry flavours can be purchased cheap (399 per bag) at Donki .
May be I just picky, the Green Tea / Strawberry flavour ones in a bag taste different than those in the boxes (albeit a lot more expensive)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.