Wiki Posts
Search

NRT to Shibuya

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by hakzai
thanks for the help guys.

I plan to use the arrival paid showers before leaving NRT.

land at 6:15,
get landside around 6:45.
Help my fd get on the 7am bus to Capitol Tokyu.
Head back inside the terminal and use the paid showers - 7:30 and either catch the limo bus or the 7:44 train to shibuya.

How bad would traffic be for the 7:50 bus leaving NRT?
Traffic is a little bad at that time. If there is an earlier bus, take that. If not, probably count on at least 90 to 120 minutes to the hotel depending on the number of stops.

Alternatively if it were I, I would

1) take NEX to Tokyo,
2) transfer to Marunouchi Line (in the direction of Shinjuku), go three stops (6 minutes) to Kokkai Gijidomae station,
3) get off, follow signs to go through the Chiyoda Line platform to exit 5,
4) after reaching the street walk 100 meters (maybe less) to your right to the entrance (other side of the street) of the Capitol Tokyu Hotel.

This will take you about 75 minutes. (Caveat - easily done with a rollerboard or backpack, but harder if you have a lot of luggage).

You can also walk 5 minutes from the Capitol Tokyu and catch the Ginza line direct to Shibuya.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: BA
thanks for the advice 5khours.
I just want to make sure my friend can make it to the hotel with the least amount of transits and gets there in without any hassle.
So probably the bus would be the easiest (but not quickest) way.

I should've made my question slightly clearer.
how bad would the traffic be from NRT to Shibuya for the 7:50 bus?
according to the limo bus website, it says pick up at NRT at 7:55 arrive shibuya at 9:40. Is this accurate?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
I just want to make sure my friend can make it to the hotel with the least amount of transits and gets there in without any hassle.

according to the limo bus website, it says pick up at NRT at 7:55 arrive shibuya at 9:40. Is this accurate?
Sounds about right for that time of day. You could also take the bus with your friend to the Capital Tokyu and then take a cab from there. Should take 15 to 20 minutes and cost maybe 1700 yen. The staff at the Tokyu will make sure the taxi knows where to go.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA *G MM

No, the estimated times by Limo bus are ridiculous. They do that cover their ..., I suppose. But I have never driven or taken the bus in the early am from NRT. (I reside near Shibuya station, BTW).

Actually, the bus drivers are very good at finding alternate routes in case the Rainbow bridge is backed up.

If you wait long enough then you can take a direct bus to Shibuya Excel. Why don't you just take a shower in the hotel!?!

The TCAT bus avoids some of the potential congestion and they are confident about citing realistic drive times. So you might want to do that anyway, but it's nice not to have to take the subway.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: BA
I doubt the Shibuya excel would let me check in and shower at 9/10am in the morning and i'll be out and about all day. Therefore I don't want smell up all of Tokyo and would want to shower before hand.

thx for the tips guys
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
I doubt the Shibuya excel would let me check in and shower at 9/10am in the morning and i'll be out and about all day. Therefore I don't want smell up all of Tokyo and would want to shower before hand.

thx for the tips guys
If you wanted to, you could jump on the bus with your friend and go to a manga cafe in Tokyo for a shower - like this one within walking distance of the Capitol Tokyu that will let you shower and hold your luggage:

http://www.mankitsu-do.jp/map/index.html
Old May 6, 2023, 3:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I'm trying to find the timetable from Shibuya to Narita via the Narita Express. All I can find is this: https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pdf/press_20220304_nex_e.pdf which shows Shinjuku but not Shibuya. Does anyone know where I can find the timetable?

Also at Shibuya, which entrance would I want? https://www.shibuyastation.com/shibu...ding-your-way/ New South Gate?
Old May 6, 2023, 5:21 am

Programs: Delta Gold 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I'm trying to find the timetable from Shibuya to Narita via the Narita Express. All I can find is this: https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pdf/press_20220304_nex_e.pdf which shows Shinjuku but not Shibuya. Does anyone know where I can find the timetable?

Also at Shibuya, which entrance would I want? https://www.shibuyastation.com/shibu...ding-your-way/ New South Gate?
I don't think there is a English version of the full timetable, but this is the official Japanese one
https://www.jreast-timetable.jp/2305...e-v/023d1.html

The NEX at Shibuya will depart exactly 6 minutes after the departure from Shinjuku.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old May 7, 2023, 7:27 am

You can also use google maps, it will give you exact times and the platform number, etc.
Old May 7, 2023, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
New South Gate will be the closest to the N'EX platform, but any entrance will do, as long as it's JR Shibuya Station and not one of the subway ones.
TravelinSperry likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.