Search

Osaka/Kyoto-Hiroshima

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Osaka/Kyoto-Hiroshima

Hello,

I am planning a trip to Japan for next month and would appreciate some input on travel time from the Osaka/Kyoto region to Hiroshima and back. I would prefer to stay in the Osaka/Kyoto area due to wanting to stay in a Starwood Hotel and would like to make Hiroshima a day trip. I would like to know if this is possible or if I should plan on staying at least one night in Hiroshima and if so, which hotel? I plan on purchasing a Japan Rail Pass if that helps.

Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2010, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
Hello,

I am planning a trip to Japan for next month and would appreciate some input on travel time from the Osaka/Kyoto region to Hiroshima and back. I would prefer to stay in the Osaka/Kyoto area due to wanting to stay in a Starwood Hotel and would like to make Hiroshima a day trip. I would like to know if this is possible or if I should plan on staying at least one night in Hiroshima and if so, which hotel? I plan on purchasing a Japan Rail Pass if that helps.

Thanks
Hello, i did the day trip from kyoto with a 6 months old baby...we only did the atom bomb memorial and museum.
but it is certainly doable with the shinkansen.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 6:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Sure it is do-able

The trip from Shin-Osaka to Hiroshima on a Hikari RailStar will take 2 hours and costs you 9440 yen one way

http://www.hyperdia.com/classic_en/hyperWeb.cgi

Most people who go to Hiroshima checks out Miyajima as well, and depending on what you want to do and see in Hiroshima, there should be time to do both. Just take the first train out of Shin-osaka and the last train back from Hiroshima
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:57 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Actually, from Kyoto it is less than 2 hours and costs nothing if you have a JR Rail Pass. There are occasional direct trains and several others that would require a stop and change at Shin-Osaka. From Osaka it takes almost as long since you need to get out to Shin-Osaka station on local lines or the subway.

With an early start, you could get to Miyajima for the morning, return to Hiroshima for the afternoon and catch a late train back to Kyoto/Osaka. In the July heat/humidity, that will make for one looong, tiring day.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the responses. I think I will book a night at a hotel in Hiroshima and visit Naoshima either on the way to Hiroshima or the way back.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 2:33 am

Programs: JGC / OW Sapphire
I also recommend Miyajima. Have fun!
Old Jul 3, 2010, 3:11 am

Tbh. we didnt go to Miyajima, since we did all of Fushimi Inari i Kyoto, and i got my curiosity of tori gates well satisfied there
but again each to their own

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.