Search

Limoncello in Milan....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Talking Limoncello in Milan....

Hi,

A bit of a random one, however I was wondering if somebody could help me with a question about buying bottles of Limoncello in Milan as my office seem absolutely desperate for me to buy some bottles when I head over there next week....!

I was wondering if it is easy to buy bottles of authentic Italian Limoncello in Milan City Centre - as I know that it is not produced in that region of the country along with roughly how much a bottle costs?

Also if it came to it does anybody know if you are to buy Limoncello at Malpensa Duty Free shop?

Thanks for your help and sorry about the randomness of it!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Not sure about Milan center, but probably a larger supermarket might provide at least 1 or 2 variety.
Here in Campania limoncello retails from 5 euros a bottle up to 12-15 euros (grocery price).
Higher in the towns along the Amalfi and Sorrento coast.

Duty free limoncello is the industrial one with airport prices.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Hi,

A bit of a random one, however I was wondering if somebody could help me with a question about buying bottles of Limoncello in Milan as my office seem absolutely desperate for me to buy some bottles when I head over there next week....!

I was wondering if it is easy to buy bottles of authentic Italian Limoncello in Milan City Centre - as I know that it is not produced in that region of the country along with roughly how much a bottle costs?

Also if it came to it does anybody know if you are to buy Limoncello at Malpensa Duty Free shop?

Thanks for your help and sorry about the randomness of it!
You can buy limoncello all over italy, but why don't you just buy it at Giacobazzi's Italian Deli in London when you get back? They have it.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:23 am

Or make it at home!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Or make it at home!
With freshly picked London lemons? Yakh!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Not sure about Milan center, but probably a larger supermarket might provide at least 1 or 2 variety.
Here in Campania limoncello retails from 5 euros a bottle up to 12-15 euros (grocery price).
Higher in the towns along the Amalfi and Sorrento coast.

Duty free limoncello is the industrial one with airport prices.
Many thanks for that, will buy it in Milan then - my office seem desperate for it!
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:39 am
tyn

Don't know if the question is still on or if you've already travelled to Milan, but I can confirm that any fair sized supermarket will have at least a couple of brands (quite decent ones) of Limoncello at prices definitely cheaper than airport duty free. The only advantage of getting it at the duty free is that you will not need to pack it in your suitcase.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by tyn
Don't know if the question is still on or if you've already travelled to Milan, but I can confirm that any fair sized supermarket will have at least a couple of brands (quite decent ones) of Limoncello at prices definitely cheaper than airport duty free. The only advantage of getting it at the duty free is that you will not need to pack it in your suitcase.
Does duty free come into play when traveling within the EU?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Does duty free come into play when traveling within the EU?
No bona fide duty free within the EU. But the duty free shops in European airports also sell stuff to people travelling within the EU, and amazingly, the prices are usually the same independent of where you travel to. In other words, a rip-off of those who are "entitled" to a duty free purchase. Of course, the stores will tell you that they're not doing this but, rather, they simply don't charge the VAT, which they're paying themselves.

By the way, I compared the prices of a few different bottles of "famous" brand liquor (e.g. Fernet Branca, Campari, etc.) in FCO duty free shops (D gates area) to those of CONAD and they were more or less the same. Only advantages, thus, the size of the bottles (litre vs 0.7) and the fact that you can carry them in your carry-on if both of these are important to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.