Venice - Restaurants?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Venice - Restaurants?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
In addition to Perche's fine recommendations, I would also add Restaurant Wildner at the Hotel Wildner. It is a 3-4 minute walk from the Bisanzio. Also, I think an easier table to get as it is a hotel restaurant.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Thanks for the tips

Thank you for your insights. We will be in Venice w my daughter and her 11 year old son: we are booked into Al Covo, and Alle Testiere and Corte Sconta!!! Staying quite close

Looking forward to it. Have been to Alle Testiere and Al Covo before and really enjoyed them both. Will report back
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:25 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by mmack
Thank you for your insights. We will be in Venice w my daughter and her 11 year old son: we are booked into Al Covo, and Alle Testiere and Corte Sconta!!! Staying quite close

Looking forward to it. Have been to Alle Testiere and Al Covo before and really enjoyed them both. Will report back
Love Alle Testiere. I have found Al Covo good but it was a bit like dining in my neighborhood. Most of the diners were American tourists. (Not necessarily a bad thing). My favorite restaurant is Fiaschetteria Toscana. It is near the Rialto bridge.
Sit downstairs and ask for Roberto. Split an order of gnocchi (the sauce is based on the seasons), if you love seafood, take a look at the case as you walk in. The grilled shrimp are the best in the world. Have homemade apple cake for dessert. Trust Roberto's wine recommendations. Fiaschetteria Toscana is reputed to have best wine cellar in VCE.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Sircling_the_Globe
Having said that, if you're looking for restaurant names there is a fantastic one near a tiny bridge, I'll have to dig out the business card. It wasn't fancy, but it was pure comfort food, it was cozy inside and more importantly there was a line of locals eating there- well worth it.
Did you ever find the business card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.