Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2013, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG
IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Currently staying in IC Berlin using my bogo certificate. The hotel is fairly quiet and service is very good.

I booked a Club Room and was upgraded to a Club Deluxe, a room category that did not appear on the booking site.

Apparently Club Deluxe rooms are are only on the 8th floor and Club Superior rooms are on the 7th.

I asked what the difference is, the answer was 'not much, they're a bit bigger'.

Has anyone stayed in both room types?

By the way, I am very impressed with the Club Lounge here.

Note from Modeator:
Older post prior to this post could be found in the archive thread of this property:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...01-2013-a.html

Thank you
FLYGVA

Last edited by FLYGVA; Dec 31, 2017 at 7:18 am
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:15 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Nice upgrade!

I booked the cheapest room w/ 5000 points bonus and breakfast on mobile app (to get some of the Q1 promos done), and showed up around noon.

Slight wait at the front desk (someone else cut in front of me with a "quick question" which turned into something much longer, so I went to someone else.

He apologized for the delay, and was looking for a room for me which was ready; I said I was more than willing to check my luggage and wait if it would lead to a better room.

Somehow he found me...the bedroom of the Presidential Suite. He said it was a little bit older in furnishings, but if I didn't like it I could come back down.

It's basically the equivalent of an exceptionally well maintained 2002 Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph -- luxury, some of the things a little bit complicated due to being early (the B&O tv set...), maybe not to the latest fashion, but great. Way more fun than a simple upgrade to a Deluxe room.

I was on the fence about renewing my Ambassador membership (I primarily stay in Starwood, and mainly use IC for a couple conferences every year held on property, along with random stays at other IHG properties, and was pretty disappointed with the new management at IC Kuala Lumpur last time), but I'm probably going to do it. Plus, I love Kimpton. Looking forward to several more IC stays in 2015.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Staid there over NYE with +1 and the kids. A more than wonderful stay in a junior suite plus connecting room, club for a very good rate and points for the connecting room on a high floor. The hotel even managed to get a sled for the kids and we went to teufelsberg with is the place for Berliners for "wintersports". Wonderful charming service, absolutely spotless even though the hotel was fully booked and probably best value for money one can get in the chain as a Royal Ambassador.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Quick question: Had some AA miles that were due to expire so splashed them on a couple of nights at the Berlin IC. Can I pay for club access even though it's an aadvantage booking?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Staid there over NYE with +1 and the kids. A more than wonderful stay in a junior suite plus connecting room, club for a very good rate and points for the connecting room on a high floor. The hotel even managed to get a sled for the kids and we went to teufelsberg with is the place for Berliners for "wintersports". Wonderful charming service, absolutely spotless even though the hotel was fully booked and probably best value for money one can get in the chain as a Royal Ambassador.
Agreed - I find the Junior suites in the East wing a bit dated and dark but I got a rate of EUR84 and 45 for Club - an absolute steal!

Club has food all day too and drinks for 4 hours in the evening - all in all very good!

Note the spa is closed for renovations ATM - you can use the Pullman though.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Agreed - I find the Junior suites in the East wing a bit dated and dark but I got a rate of EUR84 and 45 for Club - an absolute steal!

Club has food all day too and drinks for 4 hours in the evening - all in all very good!

Note the spa is closed for renovations ATM - you can use the Pullman though.

I'm also considering JS for a 3night stay @ IC Berlin, and €84sure sounds like a great rate but... I remember from earlier posts on this thread that they have a minimum spend of €128 per night in order to have your stay being Elite qualifying. Did yours qualify?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:21 am

Can someone please advise me which is the lowest room category I need to book as an Ambassador, in order to receive an upgraded room with guaranteed club access?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Stealthmode
I'm also considering JS for a 3night stay @ IC Berlin, and €84sure sounds like a great rate but... I remember from earlier posts on this thread that they have a minimum spend of €128 per night in order to have your stay being Elite qualifying. Did yours qualify?
No 128euro minimum based on my personal stays ... I don't know where you got that info from, rate needs either be BAR, Best Flex ... or Company rate to max of 30% discount off the Best Flex rate at the day you book it. With a fixed company rate that in theory sometimes meant I had qual rate and other times not when rates were higher on a late booking.

If the two previous 48hour sale rate is more that 30% off Best Flex rate that would cause a non-qual stays, and IHG is about to have third & final 48hour sale coming up so check that out too.

My company rate was fixed 85euro at IC Berlin, but looks like since Jan 1st defaulting to standard15% off best flex. I will now have to wait for company rate availability to be added for 2015 before I start booking here again
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by Stealthmode
Can someone please advise me which is the lowest room category I need to book as an Ambassador, in order to receive an upgraded room with guaranteed club access?
As Ambassador you will not get an upgrade with club access there. You have to book a room with club incl.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
I had wonderful stay I here 2 weeks ago. Great treatment for Ambassador. Booked standard and got double upgrade to deluxe king on high floor. Huge room (40 sqm), great views. Apart of regular Ambassador gift during Christmas time they provide one more gift - package to cook hot wine (wine, sugar, spices,...) Impressive loby, excellent breakfast. No complaints at all. First class hotel.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:36 pm

Thanks for the prompt replies guys. "Unfortunately" my company discount rate is higher than 30%, now that's a tough one... keeping the cash in my pocket or getting 3 nights closer to RA.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Booked into Deluxe Room as PA, is "Deluxe on high floor" a seperate upgrade category? Can I assume I will be upgraded into a Junior Suite?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by FlightWhite
Booked into Deluxe Room as PA, is "Deluxe on high floor" a seperate upgrade category? Can I assume I will be upgraded into a Junior Suite?
As RA, you will be upgraded to suite (different design on Western or Eastern side) with cheapest fare.

The best option is to book a club room (access to club lounge and nice upgrade).
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nicolas75
As RA, you will be upgraded to suite (different design on Western or Eastern side) with cheapest fare.

The best option is to book a club room (access to club lounge and nice upgrade).
Just a Plat Ambassador, not RA!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Just a Plat Ambassador, not RA!
Oups, sorry, I thought that
PA
was a typing error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.