Wiki Posts
Search

BOGO Cert Transfer Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2007, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, Hertz 5*, Priority Club Gold, US
Question BOGO Cert Transfer Question

I have a BOGO cert that expires at the end of July and I am planning on staying in a IC in August. I know I can swap certificates in CC but, since I had planned to use my cert earlier (and ended up canceling the reservation at the last minute) I wrote my name on the certificate. Will it be a problem to have it crossed out and another Ambassador use it?

Thanks,
Bob
Old Jul 9, 2007, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT
You might be able to use white out if you just filled out the name section. But you'll have to disclose it on CC, and not sure who will want to swap with you and take the chance.

good luck
Old Jul 9, 2007, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
And you'll need another two posts to get into CC.

Cardinal rule: never sign or personalize any FF certificate until it is time for use. You've learned a hard lesson for the future.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 11:46 pm
uk1
Suspended

The certificate states very clearly that it is not transferable and under normal circumstances IC's wouldn't know if it had been transferred or not. By writing a name on it that isn't the name of the person staying you've created a potential problem for yourself and it would now be a lottery as to whether ny property would be content to accept it.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 2:36 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
I don't recall ever filling in an IC BOGO cert nor do I recall ever being asked to fill in one upon presentation at check-in. (Of course, it is possible that the concierge has always done this for me...)

In short, I find leaving any FF cert or voucher blank until actual use the best course of action, as anything can happen at the last minute, resulting in a sudden change in plans.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, Hertz 5*, Priority Club Gold, US
Smile

Thanks for all your advice. I agree that it is better to leave it blank - however I was hours away from checking in when I had to cancel.

I was able to solve my problem by calling Ambassador Customer Service who gave me a "one time only" swap with a new certificate that I will get in the mail in 2 - 3 weeks. This will enable me to cover my trip without having to use CC to trade my current certificate.

Thanks for all the help.

Bob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.