Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC San Francisco Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Club lounge?

I'm confused about this property.

A club lounge has been mentioned here many times, yet on the website there is no mention of club rooms or access, regardless of the dates I enter.
In fact until I read the thread i was sure the hotel has no club lounge.

Also, How would you guys compare this to the Mark Hopkins (which I last stayed in about 10 years ago...) in terms of service, rooms, and location?

Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:56 am

Just used a chase free award night for pride weekend (rates starting at $399!), booked into deluxe, but details now showing "King Bed Intercontinental" online as a plat amb. Dare I hope for free lounge access?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by SansSerif
Just used a chase free award night for pride weekend (rates starting at $399!), booked into deluxe, but details now showing "King Bed Intercontinental" online as a plat amb. Dare I hope for free lounge access?
As before, but clearer t+c now, Ambassadors must book Club privileges to get Club Lounge experience.
Whatever room you get upgraded too, whether exec/club/suite you will not get foc lounge access.

The new post 01Sep2016 Amb t+c sentence now says "Ambassadors will not be give Club Experience........"

Previously t+c sentence was along simpler lines with same intent "Lounge access is not an Ambassador benefit"

With too many Amb's booking 1cat below club and arguing with/harrassing the IC/IC-Staff saying t+c's do not say you can't give me foc lounge access and so+so IC gave to me free club last week, t+c was thus changed to be clear and prevent such incorrect arguments.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I am staying at this hotel during a conference I am RA on award. I know its not a known benefit but how do they treat you on an award?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:31 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by aussielori
I am staying at this hotel during a conference I am RA on award. I know its not a known benefit but how do they treat you on an award?
I've stayed there often and as RA on a BOGO stay, I had nice UPG to Jr Suite with great views and Club access. Haven't stayed on points as frequently they have some decent rates, well under $200 per night on weekends. 60k is a ton of points. Of course, the weekdays rates can be high enough to justify that. The Club access may be worth paying extra for especially since the room is on award. Depends on your schedule and what your plans are for the evening. For, me, I prefer to eat out, though the evening Club food offerings are pretty good, especially the dishes from the Michelin star rated restaurant downstairs. And free drinks with a great selection.

Last time, my younger son, a friend of his and I finished off the minibar, had some more drinks in the Club with some food, and went out to a comedy club. Saved a small fortune on drinks, as those kids can drink.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:42 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by clubman
I'm confused about this property.

A club lounge has been mentioned here many times, yet on the website there is no mention of club rooms or access, regardless of the dates I enter.
In fact until I read the thread i was sure the hotel has no club lounge.

Also, How would you guys compare this to the Mark Hopkins (which I last stayed in about 10 years ago...) in terms of service, rooms, and location?

Thanks!
Definitely has a club lounge, actually, one of the best.

Compared to the Mark Hopkins-well the MH is an aging property with smaller rooms, generally, and a difficult location as it's on a steep hill, and there's only the cable car ($7 a ride now,) and expensive or difficult parking. IC SF is easy to get to and get around where you want to be with multiple public transportation options as well as pleasant walking streets. Parking is still exhorbitant though on one weekend stay I only had to feed some parking meters nearby for a few hours. After staying at the IC SF, I can't justify staying at the MH again, especially since they are usually close in price. And, the customer service at the IC SF is so much better, especially the lounge staff.

Of course, the IC is a modern downtown glass and steel building whereas the MH is that iconic, historic building on top of Nob Hill. SO, it depends on what you like.

Last edited by rbAA; Jul 24, 2017 at 8:59 pm
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: UA GS / IHG Spire RA / HHonors Gold / SPG Marriott Plat
I've been staying at IC SF steadily for the past several years, but lately I've noticed some things slipping and wondering if others have seen the same.

I'm staying for a week on a paid corporate rate (ADR 305/night) and was upgraded to a Jr Suite, but not offered drinks/points. Found out I was auto-credited the welcome points when I got the email later. Amenity is still chocolate (luckily i got milk instead of dark this time!).

One thing I've noticed is that while brand standard is Agraria soaps, they use random "eco-botique" amenties in the room. After staying in a full 1BR suite last time and seeing the Agraria products, I thought they changed back. Apparently, though, they're only offering the brand standard products to 1BR suite and above while offering the inferior (cheaper) product to any room categories below. I asked management and their response was that it's due to LEED certification, which I'm not sure that LEED points can be gained by different products. After being slightly frustrated that I can get SF-made products everywhere in the world EXCEPT the hotel in SF, I found out they didn't refill our minibar (we left at 7am and returned around 8pm, and the room was made up).
I decided to speak to the MOD about all of this. She offered us two drink coupons, which we used and gave them about $150 F&B revenue that night, and said she would have the minibar refilled right away (all we drink is water and soda, no alcohol). The minibar was never refilled until HK did their rounds the next day.

Maybe it's a big bunch of crap I'm building into a pile here, but I'm starting to get frustrated. I'm going to talk to the same MOD tonight and have her cancel my future reservations (have 2 weeks booked in Feb) letting her know I'm shifting my stay to the MH. Any thoughts on overall performance of this property?

One thing of note, she mentioned they would be starting a room renovation this year (yes, 10 years after new construction). I found that quite interesting as well given the rooms are still very modern and clean (at least the ones I've stayed in!).
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Back in september 2016 I was impressed that there were Acqua di Parma toiletries (one bedroom suite).
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Kun Yang
I have an upcoming stay at that hotel, I emailed them about Club Lounge access and they said it's $120 for 2 guests regardless of AMB status. Do I need to go to front desk or club lounge in order to get the $50 deal? Thanks.
Anyone know the current rate for lounge access for Ambassadors?
ARR72 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Any recent experiences at the ICSF? The IHG page for the hotel states "Hotel renovation beginning May 24, 2018 to March 13, 2019" and club lounge closure until 24 August 2018. Recent Tripadvisor reviews mention difficulties getting to the pool but not much else.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by davidw70
Any recent experiences at the ICSF? The IHG page for the hotel states "Hotel renovation beginning May 24, 2018 to March 13, 2019" and club lounge closure until 24 August 2018. Recent Tripadvisor reviews mention difficulties getting to the pool but not much else.
I was there in early June. Due to construction on the 6th floor, I had to walk outside on the terrace to get to the pool. Club lounge was closed, as you noted. There was scaffolding set up outside. I imagine the renovations are in full swing by now.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I was there in early June. Due to construction on the 6th floor, I had to walk outside on the terrace to get to the pool. Club lounge was closed, as you noted. There was scaffolding set up outside. I imagine the renovations are in full swing by now.
Many thanks for this. I've decided not to risk it given the rates being charged. Will have a look though and report back.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
I've checked with the hotel as we have a double suite booked for a few days this month.
They are still performing renovations but they will try to keep our room away from the active works (we will see how that goes).

The Club Lounge is open but is $60 per person (adults) per day, and $30 for kids.
So for our family of 3 it will be $150 a day with no discount for Ambassadors.
Looking back at our last visit before the renovation it was $80 per room up to 2 x adults per night.

I can't justify the price increase.
I'm presuming they only want you to have Club access by booking Club room rates, but that doesn't help those booking on weekend voucher rates.
So we will spend the $150 in restaurants near the hotel for breakfast and the rest at Bar888.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
Originally Posted by PantsFlyer
I've checked with the hotel as we have a double suite booked for a few days this month.
They are still performing renovations but they will try to keep our room away from the active works (we will see how that goes).

The Club Lounge is open but is $60 per person (adults) per day, and $30 for kids.
So for our family of 3 it will be $150 a day with no discount for Ambassadors.
Looking back at our last visit before the renovation it was $80 per room up to 2 x adults per night.

I can't justify the price increase.
I'm presuming they only want you to have Club access by booking Club room rates, but that doesn't help those booking on weekend voucher rates.
So we will spend the $150 in restaurants near the hotel for breakfast and the rest at Bar888.
Well, this strategy didn't work out too well.

We went to Bar888 one evening which was ok, but nothing special and very pricey even compared to other Intercontinental in the region. So went back to our room and enjoyed the mini-bar which had a far better view.
The worst part of the stay was breakfast on a quiet Sunday morning in the main Luce restaurant.
We paid over $100 for a buffet breakfast for a family of 3. With our 6yr old charged $25. More annoying was the buffet itself which was no better than Holiday Inns we have stayed in.
Our server went missing for 20mins, then when I went to complain on the way out there was no one at the podium to speak to.
When we checked out I was asked how our stay was and I told them I enjoyed the hotel but the breakfast was very poor and she just smiled. Very much just asking the same question without actually listening to the answer.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I also have some not so pleasant memories about the breakfast at the Luce restaurant: As I am not a big breakfast eater I decided on the 'continental' and not the full breakfast buffet, also given the outrageous prize. I ate a plain bagel with cream cheese and a small croissant. When the check arrived, I was charged the full breakfast buffet for $35+ if I remember correctly. When I asked my waiter, I was told the 'continental' breakfast selection is only fruit and pastries .... And as I had eaten the bagel, he should charge me for the full breakfast buffet, but as a one time exception, he corrected my check.
Next morning, I again ordered the 'continental' breakfast, but sticked to the rules and only had some fruit and a croissant. Again, the check was for the full breakfast buffet! This was corrected swiftly but without apology. Pretty annoying experience.
PantsFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.