Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC San Francisco Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Update: here now and you can order at the bar and eat in the restaurant if you like, but a much more limited dinner menu than above, with a larger breakfast menu. Go figure. Breakfast 6-10:30, dinner was supposed to be 3 to 9, but at 3 a sign said they'd open at 4.
As an Ambassador, can choose a bottle of wine or $20 credit. In lieu of the water amenity, get a shopping bag with water bottle, slippers, keychain, and PPE kits.
hotel was fairly crowded, and heard a lot of folks from Priceline.
​​​​​​
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Thanks for the update. Weekends as of recent have been much more crowded now. I was told from both there and the Mark Hopkins that there are a lot of Ambassadors trying to use up Weekend Certificates as a group of extensions are up at the end of this month. All suites have been booked at both properties over the past two weekends. Weekdays have still been more quiet when I have been there, however they are more crowded than last month. San Francisco is now in the "yellow" tier which is the least restrictive tier in California. As of now San Francisco County (and City) is the only urban area in California that is in the "yellow" (as far as I'm aware) so properties anticipate more activities to be permitted (albeit at a reduced capacity) in the near future. Hopefully if things remain stable this will allow the properties to safely restore additional operations and facilities.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 9:37 am

An update- surprisingly little has changed since October.
The main restaurant remains closed, and basically the same menu at the bar, though there is some table service now. Unfortunately, there's now an 18% service charge for breakfast (which is explicitly not a gratuity) making a $23 breakfast credit go very quickly.
Hotel is full. Gym is open, pool, jacuzzi, and Club are not. Daily housekeeping on request.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 7:48 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Adam1222
An update- surprisingly little has changed since October.
The main restaurant remains closed, and basically the same menu at the bar, though there is some table service now. Unfortunately, there's now an 18% service charge for breakfast (which is explicitly not a gratuity) making a $23 breakfast credit go very quickly.
Hotel is full. Gym is open, pool, jacuzzi, and Club are not. Daily housekeeping on request.
Glad I didn't book the Club level room for my upcoming stay, but it's still a ways off, so it might be different. I go out to breakfast with my younger son when I stay at the IC SF anyway, so just use the AMB $20 for the minibar.

Whoa-$19 fora burger, PLUS $7 for fries? I complain about THB300 for a DanThaiger Cowboy at his food truck.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA
Glad I didn't book the Club level room for my upcoming stay, but it's still a ways off, so it might be different. I go out to breakfast with my younger son when I stay at the IC SF anyway, so just use the AMB $20 for the minibar.
The minibars are still empty, so the only place to use it is the bar/bistro.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm here at present. Have stayed once a few years ago when I had little status (IHG had some promo where you earned a free night somewhere, so used it here).

Anyway, arrived a little after 1pm and was checked in without an issue. Very friendly desk staff (to be honest, not an issue with any I had contact with)

Lots of cars arriving so you may have to weave in amongst them to get in the door.
Lots of Asian people arriving and a group were singing carols near the bar.

Welcome as a Spire Ambassador, card charged with $100/night? security deposit.
Given a bag with 2 bottles of water, a plastic IC water bottle, a Toblerone, and a tin? Santa Xmas tree decoration.

Told I had been upgraded to a 15th floor corner King (booked King Superior) - no idea if that's an upgrade or what.
Views are of some random buildings and a bit of a building site.
You can hear cars, shouting etc. from down below, but it doesn't drown out anything. Still think better glazing would have been a good idea.

Mini bars are still empty. Lounge also still closed according to my welcome letter, but gym and swimming pool are open.
2 wine and 2 normal glasses, an ice bucket and tongs in the room. No bottle opener though, so not much use if you get a bottle of wine or some beers in.
Keurig coffee machine in the cupboard next to the fridge.
Big TV. 75"?
Plenty of power points and a few USB sockets around the room (and on both sides of the bed).

Overall, the room is generic. Not the most modern but functional (had a far better room last time).
Cleanliness wise, about an inch of dust on some of the furniture, especially in the bedside bits. Not sure if the room had been vacant for a while, or cleaning standards weren't that great.
Bathroom has a fairly shallow bath with a shower head on the wall. Vanity sink and the toilet next to a large window that let's San Francisco watch your ablutions At least there's a shade that pulls down, but in order to use the bathroom, you have to have it down 24/7.

pmcg and OmniScorpio like this.

Last edited by xenole; Dec 14, 2021 at 4:26 am
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:25 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
So arrived today. Upgrade is to a Corner Room on the 16th Floor as a Diamond Ambassador on a Free Weekend Cert stay.
Bag consisted of 2 waters.
Offer of points or breakfast but as I had booked the Club anyway, I took the points.
View is disappointing as it's only about 1/2 way up the hotel and the upgrade, is really a downgrade as it sells for less than the room I booked.
Lounge Hours - Mon-Fri 0630-1030 / Weekends 0700-1100 and Happy Hour 5pm-7pm daily.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I checked in last night using my Ambassador weekend certificate.

Believe I booked a corner room / suite like the last two times i stayed. Got that (22nd floor, so gradually getting higher) although i seem to have club lounge access. Is that an upgrade? (Will get me some free food and drink, so will saving me paying $$$$$ downstairs).
(No separate shower this time, just one over the bath)

Empty mini bar still and pool closed until the 29th Aug.

Automatically given amenity points, and no mention of any late check out or $20 credit.

Bag from check in was 2 x small bottles of water (like the flip top rather than a screw top), and a black IC sleep mask.
Definitely weaker than at Xmas with a Toberlone etc.

Added: about a dozen people in thr lounge just now around 8am local time.
Couple of types of sausage;, breakfast potatoes; scrambled egg that looked iffy; frittata type thing; American style pancakes; oatmeal; meats and cheeses; breads; coffee machines; grapefruit and orange juices; Coke / Diet Coke cans in the fridges etc.
Saved me $20-$30 that it would have cost me for breakfast downstairs.
Could actually stay in there for all 4 "food presentations".

Not sure if tipping is expected?

Popped in during the afternoon tea bit and various cakes and sandwiches were out. Some bottles of alcohol were put out whilst I was there.

Also popped in after 7pm, with a sign next to the food saying "happy hour". Alcohol as before, with some chicken wings, shrimps?, cold meats and cheeses, veggies for dips, and a few cookies.

OmniScorpio and ARR72 like this.

Last edited by xenole; Aug 20, 2022 at 10:13 pm
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I used my free CC night there recently. It was worth exactly what I paid for the room. I was surprised I could get a room at a better property in SF using the certificate but lo and behold, it was.

Platinum status (per the Chase CC)

1) Check in - the most fully staffed front desk I've seen since 2020, anywhere. The agent told me I received a "standard upgrade" (whatever that means - a floor higher than 2?) The then tried to upsell me a better upgrade. I politely declined, as I told him it was just me, for one night, and I live nearby (i.e., this is not any sort of special occasion). We chatted for a bit as he was clicking around, as I just had an exasperating BART ride to SF during another meltdown of the fine transit system. He then tried to upsell me lounge access for "only $60." I declined upsell attempt #2. The agent was very nice, but two attempted upsells in a couple of minutes seemed a bit much. Welcome amenity - a choice of points or points (no water / snack option).

2) My opulent room on Floor 14 was ok enough. Bed was fine, bathroom was fine, the carpet threshold where the floor ends / carpet begins was in a sorry state of disrepair with shredded carpet, and I stumbled on it once.

I stayed at this hotel once, several years ago. And for the price of a free night with no bogus add on fees, it was worth every cent I spent there.

Luxurious carpet
kevino and OmniScorpio like this.

Last edited by Eastbay1K; Sep 25, 2022 at 11:45 am
Old Nov 19, 2022, 12:50 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Anyone who knows if the Club lounge usually is open during Christmas?

I have tried to contact hotel, but they have not replied.

The hotel finally replyed and confirmed that the lounge would be open during Christmas.

Last edited by Chriscross; Nov 25, 2022 at 12:28 pm
Old Jan 18, 2023, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Does anybody have a contact email for the hotel? The email I have from past stays nobody has responded.

I am a Diamond Ambassador and looking for a club upgrade, is there an up sell?

also is the pool now fully open?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 3:58 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I used the contact form on their website and they got back to me within 24 hours.

Couldn't tell you about the club upsell (I have access through milestone reward) but the pool is open (I stayed there a few weeks ago)
Old Feb 22, 2023, 6:50 am

Hi,
What sort of Airport transportation would u recommend to the Howard Street location?
Arriving friday night, TATL flight into SFO at 7.pm. Female solo traveller with 1pc of checked luggage. I usually always take the public transport, and dont mind walking for a bit. Can carry my own luggage but since it would be late in the evening Im looking for options. Never used and UBER/Lyft so, taxi?

Then going back on a Sunday morning for a domestic flight out at 10:am, When would u recomend I depart?

Thanx in advance
Old Feb 22, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by LadyBell
Hi,
What sort of Airport transportation would u recommend to the Howard Street location?
Arriving friday night, TATL flight into SFO at 7.pm. Female solo traveller with 1pc of checked luggage. I usually always take the public transport, and dont mind walking for a bit. Can carry my own luggage but since it would be late in the evening Im looking for options. Never used and UBER/Lyft so, taxi?
Then going back on a Sunday morning for a domestic flight out at 10:am, When would u recomend I depart?
Thanx in advance
When arriving late in SFO, I always took a taxi. Did not want to spend time on finding pick-up location for Uber/Lyft, wait for driver etc. Prize is the same or even a bit cheaper for a taxi. Last December, I think I paid 46$+tip. My last two drivers both knew the shortcut to the hotel main entrance via Minna St. instead of driving around the block (5th-Mission-6th-Howard) with several traffic lights.
LadyBell likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by Viennafly
When arriving late in SFO, I always took a taxi. Did not want to spend time on finding pick-up location for Uber/Lyft, wait for driver etc. Prize is the same or even a bit cheaper for a taxi. Last December, I think I paid 46$+tip. My last two drivers both knew the shortcut to the hotel main entrance via Minna St. instead of driving around the block (5th-Mission-6th-Howard) with several traffic lights.
Thank you, yes TAXI seems like the best choice. At least when arriving. I have no idea what time it will be after clearing customs and immigration AFAIK Friday evening is peak times att most hub airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.