Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Toronto or IC Toronto Centre

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by MXM135
Ambassador members most likely will not get club access. They have new category of room upgrades at the Toronto Centre since the refurbishment of the upper floors.

mxm135
interesting, IIRC those renovations were going on when we were both staying there in the summer
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:41 pm

Recently they started checking room keys and asking for room numbers when entering the lounge. Suggesting that people should sneak their way in to the lounge is inappropriate.

mxm135
i don't disagree, also i'd suggest Vera and their staff there would have a good idea of who is who
Old Mar 7, 2014, 4:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Ambassador members most likely will not get club access. They have new category of room upgrades at the Toronto Centre since the refurbishment of the upper floors.

mxm135
Correct: neither Ambassadors nor Royal Ambassadors get Club automatically (but as always, YMMV at the front desk).
Old Mar 7, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Glad to hear Toronto Center is checking for legit access to the Club....almost every past stay I would watch non guests or non Club room guests enjoy what I paid for...consume space & benefits for free. The locals from the nearby buildings & conferences had a pattern of slipping in for breaks and day trippers booked at the Spa for a treatment would relax in the Club...no shortage of bold people. I got tired of hearing people brag about it and complained to management as others did last year so good to see a response.

I know the Club desk people are super polite so its not an easy thing for them to be Club Cops but hey, if the Maple Leaf lounge at Pearson is policed for legit users then why not an IC Club where you've likely paid more for access. I would enjoy getting an ID check knowing my Club benefits are fairly dispensed....not an unusual thing as other Clubs do that too.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:29 am

They did ask to check when I was there also..
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Which of the hotels have the best RA "benefit"? Excluding Lounge access since Yorkville doesn't have any. I've searched some info already, but it seems the minibar is better in Yorkville.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Which of the hotels have the best RA "benefit"? Excluding Lounge access since Yorkville doesn't have any. I've searched some info already, but it seems the minibar is better in Yorkville.
I've stayed quite a few times in both; the minibar is significantly better in Centre. Yorkville doesn't have a club, and the minibar is fairly average - where they would shine would be with upgrades: I've gotten the Royal Suite a number of times, and it's really, really, really nice.

IC Centre, by contrast, has better breakfast, club and minibar; their Royal Suite is also a bit nicer than Yorkville, but it's permanently blocked off and off limits unless you're a very regular stayer.

Unfortunately, I absolutely abhor the Feature rooms in Centre - they are very ... hospital-like.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Correct: neither Ambassadors nor Royal Ambassadors get Club automatically (but as always, YMMV at the front desk).
as RA, never not had club included there, with upgrade also to minimum club suite
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:12 am

I've stayed quite a few times in both; the minibar is significantly better in Centre. Yorkville doesn't have a club, and the minibar is fairly average - where they would shine would be with upgrades: I've gotten the Royal Suite a number of times, and it's really, really, really nice.

IC Centre, by contrast, has better breakfast, club and minibar; their Royal Suite is also a bit nicer than Yorkville, but it's permanently blocked off and off limits unless you're a very regular stayer.

Unfortunately, I absolutely abhor the Feature rooms in Centre - they are very ... hospital-like.
I usually stay at the Centre and once at Yorkville (not a good experience) but willing to give Yorkville another try. Since there is no Lounge in Yorkville I would expect a "better" room upgrade so convince me to stay there and or free breakfast or parking lol.

I always noticed at the Centre I never seen the Royal suite available for booking. But Yorkville on the other hand shows their Penthouse/Royal Suite. I guess the Presidential suite will never be posted there.

Have you tried the Penthouse suite?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:21 am

we've always stayed at the Centre, but last time i dropped in to Yorkville, and met with the Sales Director, and they offered very good upgrades, i had a friend in the UK corp email her in advance, and i had a car with my family in it waiting out the front, they knew we had a booking at Centre, but the upgrade offer was very generous, we cld have stayed there in their top suite for c $400, only c $100 more than two club suites (after upgrade) at the Centre but with five of us, club was the decider, i really like the club at the Centre property, i like Vera and the Club staff, and the food offering is pretty good, if you're a big drinker, it would be just the pay for alcohol that's not great.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:29 am

I usually stay at the Centre and once at Yorkville (not a good experience) but willing to give Yorkville another try. Since there is no Lounge in Yorkville I would expect a "better" room upgrade so convince me to stay there and or free breakfast or parking lol.

I always noticed at the Centre I never seen the Royal suite available for booking. But Yorkville on the other hand shows their Penthouse/Royal Suite. I guess the Presidential suite will never be posted there.

that was my experience also, they had both available, their Royal and Penthouse, i've stayed in both the Presidential and the Royal at the Centre property, the Presidential is great with a lovely and huge balcony overlooking the harbour and the CN tower, the Royal is nice but much smaller, two separate rooms, great marble bathroom compared to the old bath with shower curtains, legacy of when it was the Crowne Plaza.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:44 am

Thanks Tim great info! I've never tried a Royal/Presidential suite before. I guess all ICs have those rooms.

I got to know some people at the Centre so things are easier there for me. But at Yorkville I don't know anyone but after I sent them my review last time they would like a chance to redeem themselves so I'm willing to give them another shot.

I'm not a big drinker but I guess it would be nice to be able to empty the mini bar considering every hotel in the world charges an arm and leg for them. Plus this will be my first time being an RA for 5-6 months, gotta make the most out of it
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
as RA, never not had club included there, with upgrade also to minimum club suite
Must be because you stayed more than I have; I was told that it was previously a guaranteed benefit that was removed in December 2013, and now was YMMV (and I still got it all the time anyway, but with a wink wink nudge nudge).

I actually haven't. They gave it to me once, but I demanded the Royal one, haha. The Penthouse one is a bit smaller - I like the opulence of the Royal suite. The first time I got there, they forgot to unlock the adjoining bedroom suite, and I called room service to tell them that "I can't find my bedroom". It was a hilarious call

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
that was my experience also, they had both available, their Royal and Penthouse, i've stayed in both the Presidential and the Royal at the Centre property, the Presidential is great with a lovely and huge balcony overlooking the harbour and the CN tower, the Royal is nice but much smaller, two separate rooms, great marble bathroom compared to the old bath with shower curtains, legacy of when it was the Crowne Plaza.
I've asked for the Presidential suite a few times, but never got it - apparently, it is reserved for the top stayers *at that property*, so oh well. I believe the Royal one is blocked off permanently, for what, I don't know. I really enjoyed the Royal one, though - it was quite a bit smaller than the one at Yorkville, but pretty nice regardless.

Incidentally, there is no Presidential suite at Yorkville. The Royal is their largest one.

And thinking about it, I have a full review of the Yorkville on my blog (->signature below). I should post the Centre one while I'm at it, too.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:29 am

Thanks Tim great info! I've never tried a Royal/Presidential suite before. I guess all ICs have those rooms.

I got to know some people at the Centre so things are easier there for me. But at Yorkville I don't know anyone but after I sent them my review last time they would like a chance to redeem themselves so I'm willing to give them another shot.

I'm not a big drinker but I guess it would be nice to be able to empty the mini bar considering every hotel in the world charges an arm and leg for them. Plus this will be my first time being an RA for 5-6 months, gotta make the most out of it
at the Centre it's Presidential followed by Royal, but big difference, at Yorkville it's Royal (their best suite equivalent to usually Presidential, and Penthouse is their second best suite) not as big a difference between those compared to Centre.

The mini bar is all OK at the Centre just in the Club they charge, v no club at all at Yorkville. i've seen RAs bring their mini bar drinks into the lounge.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:34 am

Must be because you stayed more than I have; I was told that it was previously a guaranteed benefit that was removed in December 2013, and now was YMMV (and I still got it all the time anyway, but with a wink wink nudge nudge).

I actually haven't. They gave it to me once, but I demanded the Royal one, haha. The Penthouse one is a bit smaller - I like the opulence of the Royal suite. The first time I got there, they forgot to unlock the adjoining bedroom suite, and I called room service to tell them that "I can't find my bedroom". It was a hilarious call

I've asked for the Presidential suite a few times, but never got it - apparently, it is reserved for the top stayers *at that property*, so oh well. I believe the Royal one is blocked off permanently, for what, I don't know. I really enjoyed the Royal one, though - it was quite a bit smaller than the one at Yorkville, but pretty nice regardless.

Incidentally, there is no Presidential suite at Yorkville. The Royal is their largest one.

And thinking about it, I have a full review of the Yorkville on my blog (->signature below). I should post the Centre one while I'm at it, too.
that may be right, last stay was in August, i won the Prince's charity auction for two nights presidential suites at IC properties, at Toronto, Montreal, Roma, and Vienna via auction on EBay, then after the two nights they gave us the Royal for a week, Montreal i just paid additional nights for basic room and they upgraded to Presidential so we had a week there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.