Search

IC Pattaya Resort (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Spire Ambassdor
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I read on their website it is now open.
Yes Now it's Open and New room type Terrace Suites (Intercontinental Style)
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I read on their website it is now open.
Originally Posted by taecu
Yes Now it's Open and New room type Terrace Suites (Intercontinental Style)
nope -> Club-Lounge IC Pattaya is not yet open. I am here at IC Pattaya right now, latest estimate for Club Lounge opening is 20th January (or even end of January). Back in July I was told scheduled for 20th December! UPDATE on SAT 14th Jan Checkout from Management .... LOUNGE NOW NOT UNTIL FEB !

For RA, daytime bennies improved since July2016
a)As no club , foc restaurant breakfast (also given both summer 2016 stays)
b)Afternoon tea in elements (not given in Summer 2016)
c)1700-1900 Cocktails and snack in infiniti bar (not given summer 2016, was just 2for1 hapy hour)

In Aug2016 the IC started refreshing the rooms. In summer were very dark and gloomy rooms, BUT now refreshed as follows
(Checking out Sat 14th .. will try to remember to take room photo/video before leaving)

o Bed Room refrsh (as per room 533 Club Suite Ocean View Terrace)
... Same room I had both stays during Summer2016 so I see the differences
a)Dark Brown wood floor now a grey (bed sits over a square carpet)
b)dark green walls now magnolia/white
c)upper floor roof is lighter coloured += has lighting
d)more lightining eksewhere in room
e)work desk and small coffee/glasses cupboard+table removed (cofee table remains)
f)minibar replaced with locxal (in house) made unit, contains fridge, shelves for cafettiere, drinks glasses, 5 20cl spirits etc.
g)New rail type curtains and nets to window (and partion to bathroom area)
h)New wall mounted TV
i)New bedside tables
j)bedside wallmounted reading lights (new)
k)As mentioned new low level lighting, floor level night lights, roof space strip lighting, small recessed low-voltage lights added in ceiling
l)bedroom sofa+chair refreshed

Note
Rooms are renamed in room descriptions, eg Club Terrace Suite Ocean View, is the original Pool View Suite eg eoom(533) where Ocean view is when you go out onto ones terrace

o Bathroom
a)centerpiece screen removed, basins at sides of room removed
b)new center piece (no screen to bath any more) with his n hers sinks, along with powerpoints in this new center unit
c)Old sink areas now suitcase platform, with a drawer and storage on wall above

o Terrace/Balcony
a)Furniture revarnished
b)new cushions

Other Info
o Increased minbus shuttle frequency along Pattaya Beach Road 2 to Hilton (still only starts as noon though) "

Last edited by scubaccr; Jan 14, 2017 at 8:52 pm
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Scubbacr, Would the Pool View Suites be noisy. I like the idea of being a few steps away from the pool to sit on my terrace in a lounge suite and read.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:22 am

I am looking at the Club Pool Terrace Suite or the Club Ocean View Terrace Suite and wonder what might be bet. I like the idea of the easy access to the pool via our private terrace but worry about pool noise.

Anybody have any ideas?
The suite buildings are 2-floor buildingss, ground + first floors, with each floor split with left/right half suites (a bit like IC Danang Pavillions if you have been to Danang but much much smaller terrac/balcony) and exrenal hexagonal balcony.

To get the "ocean view" you need the upper (first) floor, so you can see out from said terrace to the ocean. You don't hear noise from guest by the pool/sunning area outside ones room. Though two pools, one deeper than other
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by scubaccr
The suite buildings are 2-floor buildingss, ground + first floors, with each floor split with left/right half suites (a bit like IC Danang Pavillions if you have been to Danang but much much smaller terrac/balcony) and exrenal hexagonal balcony.

To get the "ocean view" you need the upper (first) floor, so you can see out from said terrace to the ocean. You don't hear noise from guest by the pool/sunning area outside ones room. Though two pools, one deeper than other
They are really up and down in what were called Pavilions when this was a Sheraton. You also need to be either high up (close to the main building) or very low (close to the beach) as well as being on the top floor to get a sea view as there are trees in the way.

They really are not Suites, even describing them as a JS is stretching it a bit.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:19 pm

FT Picture Album of Pavillion(P8) room(533) refurbishment (Aug2016), from my stay Jan2017

Old Room Category Description =>
New/Renamed Room Category Description => CLUB OCEAN VIEW TERRACE SUITE

Link to my FT album (specific to IC Pattaya 2017)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...rbed-room.html

Last edited by scubaccr; Jan 18, 2017 at 2:09 am
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Spire Ambassdor
FT Picture Album of Pavillion(P8) room(533) refurbishment (Aug2016), from my stay Jan2017

Thank you
and Amenities big size 100 ml same as Intercontinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by taecu
Thank you
and Amenities big size 100 ml same as Intercontinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort?
Added toiletries pic to my IC Pattaya Album.

2x Full sets of 4x 100m Hann brand pump-bottles
2x Small Hand Soaps
1x Larger shower/Bath Soap bar
2x Mouthwash

Nice to have IC hotel with different toiletries offering from the now all too pervasive Agraria smellies. I preferred previous IC brand offerings such as Elemis to be honest.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Added toiletries pic to my IC Pattaya Album.

2x Full sets of 4x 100m Hann brand pump-bottles
2x Small Hand Soaps
1x Larger shower/Bath Soap bar
2x Mouthwash

Nice to have IC hotel with different toiletries offering from the now all too pervasive Agraria smellies. I preferred previous IC brand offerings such as Elemis to be honest.
I like the Hann toiletries which seem to be becoming standard in Thailand.

I think all the best IC's (and some not so good), do not use the horrid Agraria now at least in good rooms. I tend to see IC's using Agraria as penny pinching in other areas too.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:42 am

Back again for 6nights on Australia flights return, before continuing onto Philippines....

annoying to find Club Lounge opening date pushed back once again , now 10th February ..... I checkout Monday 6th Feb !
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor

Old Room Category Description =>
New/Renamed Room Category Description => CLUB OCEAN VIEW TERRACE SUITE

Last edited by NotTellYou; Apr 10, 2017 at 9:42 am
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: Tesco, Avios, IHG Priority Club
what is the immediate area like outside the hotel - are there restaurants and bars within walking distance or is it really quite isolated? would you say it is suitable for a family?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by decker59
what is the immediate area like outside the hotel - are there restaurants and bars within walking distance or is it really quite isolated? would you say it is suitable for a family?
For this locale very family friendly. Only restaurants are in the hotel and hotel next door (Royal cliff).
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:22 am

Afternoon all.

I booked a middling room category and have what sounds like a nice upgrade...Club IC Panoramic Ocean View Terrace Suite? But I have no experience here.

Just to ask please, is this category worthwhile or better alternatives? And if it is a good category, any specific room to ask towards? I'm thinking this might be a similar category to the one's you posted pics of Scubaccr? Not sure.

Also is the Club Lounge functional now and how's it looking and operating please?

Also any up to date advice on RA treatment would be very welcome. If I understand from the thread you get a few bottles of spirits that do not get replaced. Is rest of mini bar FOC....I'm thinking there is no wine or beer?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:26 pm

As RA booking entry level room (or next couple of categories up) you'll get the room type I have.

Every stay I have had the exact same room, the manageress (second in command) has even told me she doesn't sell my room the night before I arrive so I can have an early checkin.

Actually as an RA you'd probably get exactly the same room I had booking a few categories up from entry level (eg King Pool Terrace) , probably being best located version of that room type.
I can only assume you booked above that KPT room type for your upgrade, though only one more category Deluxe Pavillion above KPT and then every room is CLUB xxxxx description.

Maybe I should have asked what room I needed to book for your upgrade, and then again maybe this changed since Sep2017 and the 2cat upgrade versus my original stays earlier in 2016 when booking high categories gave both RA+Ambassador the same 1cat upgrade.
Please can you PM me the room-type you booked to get your upgrade, as I may decideto book higher for Panoramic Ocean front room my next trip (probably June2017) .. although I have been delighted with my usual room, especially now refurbished and in lighter (not dark) decoration

You have best possible room type "CLUB PANORAMIC OCEAN VIEW TERRACE SUITE" as only the two excluded Villas are a higher category and you have to book those villas outright initially.

Spirits are replaced daily on my multiple stays (my last checkout was early Feb2017), there are 6x 20cl (1/4) bottles of spirits. GM simply said hotels in Thailand have no choice as thy can't get hold of the 5cl minatures but hotl would prefer to put minatures in mini-bars.

As RA I have not yet seen club lounge, as opening repeatedly delayed (but now open). I don't know if finally opening club lounge in February changes anything, but as RA I have always been given restaurant breakfast foc since day 1 of my first stay.

Staff are really excellent throughout the resort, only issue is the red DND outside the door light is in direct bright light and is impossible for staff to know oif on/off, so just in case I often use the deadbolt-clip-thing

One of the best experiences has to be the fixed-price Saturday evening buffet. Don't miss this if your stay includes a Saturday night !

Last edited by scubaccr; Mar 27, 2017 at 5:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.