IC Pattaya Resort (Master Thread)

Old Mar 1, 2016, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Spire Ambassdor
IC Pattaya Resort (Master Thread)

A new property to be opened April 2016

Rebrand from Sheraton Pattya

InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®), one of world’s leading hotel companies, has signed a management agreement with Amburaya Resort Company Limited to rebrand the Sheraton Pattaya Resort, a luxury resort nestled in the Phratamnak Hills south of Pattaya Bay, to InterContinental Pattaya Resort.

The Resort will be operating under the InterContinental brand in April 2016. The 156-room beachfront resort located five-minute walk from the Pattaya Exhibition and Convention Center, will offer a selection of superior, premium rooms and villas, in a lush, exotic locale, coupled with unparalleled service.

Now can booking in IHG Websites.

I have plan go to pattaya after go to japan lol
Old Mar 15, 2016, 5:47 am

Strange.

I just noticed this hotel pop up along the usual Holiday Inn.

I can book both Sheraton and IC at the same dates.

How does that work?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:03 pm

Email...

Does anyone have a working e-mail for the new IC in Pattaya?

Thanks

candyfloss
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, IHG Plat, Le Club All Plat, Accor Plus, BW Dia, Millennium Gold, Sixt Plat, Hertz PC
Any idea if a new GM has been appointed for Intercontinental Pattaya?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Note that renovations to bring it up to IC standard do not start until after the transition. I would temper expectations for a couple of years.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Raffles
Note that renovations to bring it up to IC standard do not start until after the transition. I would temper expectations for a couple of years.
Whilst I haven't been for a couple of years, standards are very high as a Sheraton and it will certainly not disgrace the IC portfolio. Given it is now circa 10 years old a refurb is probably due but it wasn't in desperate need on my last visit.

Last edited by Land-of-Miles; Apr 1, 2016 at 2:43 pm
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Now accepting reservations for April
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:17 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Fantastic property!
Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: IC Ambassador
I was looking through the rooms and its a little strange they do not have any club rooms. No?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sfcalling
I was looking through the rooms and its a little strange they do not have any club rooms. No?
They never had club rooms as a Sheraton but they did have an offer inclusive of free drinks and snacks in the Pavillion rooms.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:15 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
the sheraton was divine at least for plats.... so sad they no longer part of spg :/
lucky u IC amabassadors ;]
Old May 1, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
IC Pattaya reflagged for a whole month now. Have no Ambassador/RAs stayed here yet?

Just booked 7nights 18-24 July in a second category room "King Ocean View" (lowest cat = King City View)

Wonder as RA what I am likely to end up with ??
Old May 1, 2016, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scubaccr
IC Pattaya reflagged for a whole month now. Have no Ambassador/RAs stayed here yet?

Just booked 7nights 18-24 July in a second category room "King Ocean View" (lowest cat = King City View)

Wonder as RA what I am likely to end up with ??
My guess is non seaview Pavillion.

I stayed here lots as a SPG property, I am much more curious to find out whether a booked sea view Pavillion changes to a pool villa.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
A recent tripadvisor post is titled “Room a bit too old”.

Is this a fair assessment?

Will rooms be refurbished with rebranding?
Old May 3, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles

My guess is non seaview Pavillion.

I stayed here lots as a SPG property, I am much more curious to find out whether a booked sea view Pavillion changes to a pool villa.
Thanks. Res actually was 3rd-lowest (not 2nd) room cat pricewise, I missed
King Garden View -> Family Garden View -> King Ocean View
(However Family looks to be same room layout+size as Kingbed so maybe charged as a pseudo-category for 4ppn occupancy versus 2ppn)

Looks like you think a 2-cat upgrade for RA (ignoring the family room) to Garden View Pavillion, with Ambassador getting +1 Cat room type.
I would definitely want an Ocean View, ....so maybe I need rebook +1cat of Kingbed Pool Terrace for a meager +700bt/night (£14) of 6150Bt++/night??

I would happily afford the Pavilion Ocean View at 8400bt++/night pre-upgrade, but (rightly or wrongly) assumed I would not likely be upgraded to the Pool Villas at 32000Bt or 40,000Bt night.
The Deluxe Pavillion OV sits between Pav OV and Villas but is same 77m size and just 800bt/night more so not an upgrade to aim for.

For my 18th-24th July week, availability shows just 1x 1Bedroom Villa and 1x 2Bedroom Villa left now. These Villas are the only large rate-jump between room categories, all other roomrate categories jump 600-1100Bt/night only.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.