Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Room not ready by 3pm

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by htb
Not at all. It puts the whole situation into perspective with regard to their contractual obligations and voluntary guarantees. The few times I had to pull this (same hotel each time), I had an upgraded room assigned within seconds.

HTB.
Easy, no problem , you may have your booked room type right away now, or the upgraded room we wanted to give you once your fellow IHG elite in it has checked out and cleaners have refreshed it

So then as an Elite you take one of the nicer rooms, get both upgraded room type & a late checkout

Now occupying that room in a hotel with say noon checkout, 2pm checkin, the room is not available at the hotels websites stated checkin time to the next guest to occupy

If you try this then hotel should no longer allow late checkouts to allow for guests with your push-back attitude wanting instant checkin. It is not really in any of us elites interests to pull this kind of stance
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Easy, no problem , you may have your booked room type right away now, or the upgraded room we wanted to give you once your fellow IHG elite in it has checked out and cleaners have refreshed it

So then as an Elite you take one of the nicer rooms, get both upgraded room type & a late checkout

Now occupying that room in a hotel with say noon checkout, 2pm checkin, the room is not available at the hotels websites stated checkin time to the next guest to occupy

If you try this then hotel should no longer allow late checkouts to allow for guests with your push-back attitude wanting instant checkin. It is not really in any of us elites interests to pull this kind of stance
I have absolutely no idea what you are saying here here.

I agree fully with htb. It is not my responsibility to insure you properly manage your inventory. If I can book a room on your website, it should be available at the stated check-in time. If you struggle with juggling rewarding elite members and keeping hotel inventory accurate, then perhaps you need a better IT team or a better management system. Either way, that's on the property.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Miami305
I have absolutely no idea what you are saying here here.

I agree fully with htb. It is not my responsibility to insure you properly manage your inventory. If I can book a room on your website, it should be available at the stated check-in time. If you struggle with juggling rewarding elite members and keeping hotel inventory accurate, then perhaps you need a better IT team or a better management system. Either way, that's on the property.
I am sure this is one reason some hotels have the to me horrendous 1100 checkout and 1500 checkout pairing. That means they get elites with extensions out of rooms with 2full hours to prepare for advertised checkin

I for one do not want more hotels to be negatively react to elites bennies and move onto this timing schedule so I would never be aggressive about demanding a room dead on earliest advertised checkin time, as htb says he is at at least one hotel he frequents

If an hotel finds it is giving money away by giving free upgrades to arrivals like htb at earliest advertised checkin times, I'd expect hotel to simply move checkin out an extra hour, and maybe bring checkout forward an hour.

Being demanding say 2hours after advertised checkin time is a totally different thing
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
IHG pulls reviews? I just made one for a poor IHG hotel experience. I will wait to see if it is posted and if not will place on TA. It's quite negative although at least my room was ready when I arrived early (at Noon). Too bad the room sucked
I 'd post on both IHG and Tripadvisor. The later is more popular worldwide for reviews , love it or hate it. Once you get your review posted on IHG's site after 24 to 48 hrs, you will receive an email confirmation of the review now being posted and it will say" click here". You click that and you will see your review and any reply. After a week or 2, go there again and see if it is taken off. Mine got taken off after about a week later. They wouldn't even explain why when you grill them but I got some points later so All is well But my review on Tripadvisor stays and this ain't gonna get removed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.