Search

Early check out ok?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Early check out ok?

Hi all,

I have a prepaid stay coming up for a Saturday and Sunday night, however I am planning to check out at 7pm on the Sunday as I have a flight that evening. I paid for the Sunday night as I wanted the room for that day and it was only slightly more than paying for late check until 5pm.

Would the hotel have any problem with me checking out early and not staying the Sunday night? It is prepaid so I assume not but I have heard that some hotels have an Early Departure Fee. There is nothing mentioned on the reservation about this though.

In terms of Reward points, would the stay still post as 2 nights?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Andy
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:00 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Just ask to settle your bill sometime on Sunday and get your receipt. Then just leave whenever you feel like it. Nobody will notice when you have left (and it *shouldn't* matter anyway).

HTB.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by AndyRobin
Hi all,

I have a prepaid stay coming up for a Saturday and Sunday night, however I am planning to check out at 7pm on the Sunday as I have a flight that evening. I paid for the Sunday night as I wanted the room for that day and it was only slightly more than paying for late check until 5pm.

Would the hotel have any problem with me checking out early and not staying the Sunday night? It is prepaid so I assume not but I have heard that some hotels have an Early Departure Fee. There is nothing mentioned on the reservation about this though.

In terms of Reward points, would the stay still post as 2 nights?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Andy
Assuming no cash deposit , just leave 7pm and let hotel check you next day 1200 noon in your absence. Members do mattress runs to keep status, checkin 6pm collect key card then go home

Early departure refers to eg

Arriving for a 7day flex booking, and then leaving after 3days. Instead of 4 nights refund you receive 4nights minus an early departure fee, often 1nights fee or a set fixed amount

Same applies to award nights, officially wil refund unused points but charge early departure as a 1night full rate fee. On PB's cheaper to write of the points sometimes.

As a prepaid rate there is no early departure fee possible, or rather it is all the prepaid rate money for unused nights.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Assuming no cash deposit , just leave 7pm and let hotel check you next day 1200 noon in your absence.
remember to leave the key in ur room before u go! if u check out one day early at the front desk, then there's no way of telling beforehand whether the hotel will credit u with one night or two.

ian.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
No reason to be worried about as, after official check-in time on Sunday, you can check-out at the time you want.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot guys for the help.

Just one thing if you don't mind - there is a 'Service Charge' that was not taken when I paid so I will need to pay this at the end. Will that cause any issues if I leave without telling them? Will they just charge the card I paid with?

Also, should we try to leave through a side exit instead of going through reception with our baggage? Sorry if it's a stupid question. Just want to make sure the stay posts as 2 nights so it qualifies for the current promo that is on at the moment too.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
I don't believe there is anything in the system that will prevent you being credited two nights if you check out any time Sunday.

I often have early departures and I opt to check out at the same time as I check in and this has never presented a problem up until now. No need to creep out through the tradesmens exit...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:05 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Thanks a lot guys for the help.

Just one thing if you don't mind - there is a 'Service Charge' that was not taken when I paid so I will need to pay this at the end. Will that cause any issues if I leave without telling them? Will they just charge the card I paid with?
Just do what I said in the first reply: at some time on Sunday ask to settle the bill and collect your receipt. I do that regularly because I don't want to waste time in the mornings. I don't check out, just settle the bill.

HTB.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Yes, it is possible as I have just done it with IC BKK last weekend. I booked from Thu till Monday check-out. However, as I have night flight, I checked out on Sunday night.

The staff did ask if I was happy with the stay (as they were afraid that I check-out earlier due to unpleasant issues )

I made payment for the full 4 night stays at check-out and invoice showed that the stay is from Thu to Mon. Am waiting for the points to post to see if I am awarded 4 nights.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks.

htb, I'll try and do as you suggest and ask to settle the service charge on the Sat or Sun. Thanks.

hclee01, would you mind letting me know if you get the points for the 4 nights please? Would be very grateful.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:11 pm

Did this once at an airport hotel. Checked in (early, like at 10am), then checked out at around 9pm for an 11pm flight. Went to the desk to check out, no problems at all. Think they were somewhat used to it given it was an airport HI. Got the points as normal. You paid for the room. However you choose to check out (or just leave), keep the receipt and submit a missing points inquiry if the points don't show.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold

hclee01, would you mind letting me know if you get the points for the 4 nights please? Would be very grateful.
Hi

My points have been posted this morning. I was awarded 4N stay despite checking out the night before. Hope this helps!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by db1234db1234
Did this once at an airport hotel. Checked in (early, like at 10am), then checked out at around 9pm for an 11pm flight. Went to the desk to check out, no problems at all. Think they were somewhat used to it given it was an airport HI. Got the points as normal. You paid for the room. However you choose to check out (or just leave), keep the receipt and submit a missing points inquiry if the points don't show.
+1. I am confident you are safe with this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.