Wiki Posts
Search

Best ever use of hotel concierge?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: sad kettle
Best ever use of hotel concierge?

I came across this creative use of a hotel Indigo concierge posted on a blog and it pretty much made my day I didn't see it posted yet to FT

It continues on for quite a bit, Here is the full Nic Cage adventure (edit: link goes to original poster on imgur):

http://imgur.com/gallery/N9D1G/comment/355205472/1

Last edited by Horchata; Jan 30, 2015 at 8:53 pm Reason: resize photos
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:25 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Baaaaaaahahhahaahhahaahhaha!!! omg. That is funny S!!!^^^
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
More seriously, when I recently stayed at IC ANA Tokyo, I wanted to visit an architect house (63.02 degrees house) but I could not find its exact location (not listed on google).

The assistant to Guest Relations manager made a call to the architecture agency, which declined to give some details as the property is a private one.

Still, in the evening, I received an email from the assistant to the Guest Relations manager who had screened on Google Earth all the district... And finally found the house!

Definitely very impressed and touched by was certainly one of my nicest experiences at any hotel. ^^
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Love it! But Nicholas Cage... ??? Sheesh.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Spire Ambassador
Do they charge for their time? or use of the concierge
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hope they tipped the concierge well. But they could have easily gone on the web and printed the pictures themselves. Now they should have asked for real pictures with verified autographs on them, not just printed on paper off the web. That would have been over the top service.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:13 pm

I stayed at that Hotel Indigo. Customer service was first class. I'd go back just to stay their again. Can't say I'm surprised they'd go to that length to please a customer.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: sad kettle
Originally Posted by tallguyturbo
I stayed at that Hotel Indigo. Customer service was first class. I'd go back just to stay their again. Can't say I'm surprised they'd go to that length to please a customer.
Good to know! Mind sharing what interesting/strange requests you made of the concierge there?

J/k, but it's great to see that the staff was able to provide such service with a great sense of humor too!!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by nicolas75
More seriously, when I recently stayed at IC ANA Tokyo, I wanted to visit an architect house (63.02 degrees house) but I could not find its exact location (not listed on google).

The assistant to Guest Relations manager made a call to the architecture agency, which declined to give some details as the property is a private one.

Still, in the evening, I received an email from the assistant to the Guest Relations manager who had screened on Google Earth all the district... And finally found the house!

Definitely very impressed and touched by was certainly one of my nicest experiences at any hotel. ^^
Concierge at the lounge or at the desk in the lobby? I've once asked if they could mail out something for me lobby desk and I was very underwhelmed by the service. The staff had to keep running back to the main office a few times to inquire with her coworkers. She definitely was not Clefs D'or though.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Saw this floating around elsewhere online too, very good
Not often I get to stay in Indigos as they're a little above the calibre my company book (usually Holiday Inns), but on the few occasions I have ended up at one, they never fail to disappoint and are a really strong brand. Definitely one of my favourites of the IHG brands.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by lsed
Concierge at the lounge or at the desk in the lobby? I've once asked if they could mail out something for me lobby desk and I was very underwhelmed by the service. The staff had to keep running back to the main office a few times to inquire with her coworkers. She definitely was not Clefs D'or though.
It was the assistant to the Guest Relations manager.
The head concierge was pretty unhelpful, I agree.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Unbeliebable experiment.

Finally it can turn out into good marketing at best
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:54 am

Redact.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.