Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
2015 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focuse on those promotions, which are not general quartely promotions, but e.g. run by indivual hotel, chains or regions.

We want to highlight, that you can only register for the promotion which you are targeted for. For further reference we would like to draw your attention to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ion-codes.html

Special Promotions

List of hotel offering bonus points
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/offers/packages/pcr_package?cm_sp=OSMAM-6C-GL-EN-ROF-AIX-MHR-BPP.html

Not always worth the extra money. But usually thise bonus points count as "qualification points".

1000 Bonus poits at Indigo Hotels
http://www.ihg.com/hotelindigo/hotels/us/en/global/offers/packages/its_not_all_business?cm_sp=OSMAM-6C-US-EN-ROF-AIX-MHR-INNotAllBusiness.html

Get 1000 bonus points, a free breakfast and a free drink at particpating Indigo hotel. Not always worth the extra money, so do the math. Bonus points count as "qualification points".

Regular Promotions

Q1 Promotion

Set your sights promotion

Discussion and master thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1637199-next-big-ihg-promo-q1-50k-pts-more.html
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
My "My offers" box is also empty. I know I have a personalized offer stay 10, get 10k points, but it is not up there and I would like to know if I am 1 or 2 nights from it. Weird.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FFlash
My "My offers" box is also empty. I know I have a personalized offer stay 10, get 10k points, but it is not up there and I would like to know if I am 1 or 2 nights from it. Weird.
Actually on that point, as of late I tend to get emails after my stays post telling me that I'm still x nights away from completing my 10K challenge (I also got the 10 nights one).
Old Jun 20, 2015, 12:34 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
It is not listed under "My Offers" page as well. However, I have just completed my 10 night stay and the points are posted together with my latest stay with description "Stay 10 nights, get 10,000".
Old Jun 20, 2015, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hclee01
It is not listed under "My Offers" page as well. However, I have just completed my 10 night stay and the points are posted together with my latest stay with description "Stay 10 nights, get 10,000".
I love that 10 stay for 10K..
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I love that 10 stay for 10K..
I wish I had the 10 for 10. I got the 15 for 15.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chrisksc
I wish I had the 10 for 10. I got the 15 for 15.
I get it once a year
Old Jun 26, 2015, 5:03 pm

Question

Just booked two nights at an Indigo through the "it's not all business" promotion. I also received an e-mail from IHG about doing a "3 nights for an extra 3000 points" deal through IHG's "share forever" deal with Coke. Since I am only staying two nights I guess I won't get that 3000 points, but looks like I'll get an extra 500 for one night from that deal (maybe 1000 for 2 nights?).

The reservation says I'll earn 3,380 points for my stay.

I also booked it with my IHG card.

So my question is, what can I possibly expect in total for this reservation?

5 points per $ spent on IHG hotels... doesn't that apply here so ~365 x 5 = 1,825 points, plus 1,000 points for each night, so 2,000 there, and then an extra 1,000 for booking through "not all business." That comes to 4,825, and doesn't count the 500 or 1000 I would receive from the "3 nights = 3,000 points" offer?

Anyone that can break it down or correct me on my math... it woudl be greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 28, 2015, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by tdankmyer
Just booked two nights at an Indigo through the "it's not all business" promotion. I also received an e-mail from IHG about doing a "3 nights for an extra 3000 points" deal through IHG's "share forever" deal with Coke. Since I am only staying two nights I guess I won't get that 3000 points, but looks like I'll get an extra 500 for one night from that deal (maybe 1000 for 2 nights?).

5 points per $ spent on IHG hotels... doesn't that apply here so ~365 x 5 = 1,825 points, plus 1,000 points for each night, so 2,000 there, and then an extra 1,000 for booking through "not all business." That comes to 4,825, and doesn't count the 500 or 1000 I would receive from the "3 nights = 3,000 points" offer?

Anyone that can break it down or correct me on my math... it woudl be greatly appreciated!
What is your daily rate(s) and taxes?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by fwfdan
I have not stayed on a paid stay in well over a year and just realized as I am planning a trip and I have not had a bonus offer in at least that long and that my account shows no promotions available.... has it really been this dry?
Apart from "Into the night", "Suite dilemma" and other such promos
I haven't had any kind of offer from IHG in at least 5 years.
No stay X get Y no nothing...
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by ENOTTY
What is your daily rate(s) and taxes?
169/night, taxes: $56.86. Total: 394.86
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Apart from "Into the night", "Suite dilemma" and other such promos
I haven't had any kind of offer from IHG in at least 5 years.
No stay X get Y no nothing...
I think these Big Win, Into the Nights, etc. are meant to replace the Stay X promos.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by nonstopski
169/night, taxes: $56.86. Total: 394.86
So you have $338.00 of eligible spend at the hotel and $56.86 of taxes.

Since you have the IHG card, you have Platinum status, which gives you 15 pts/$ per $ of eligible spend. That should entitle you to 5070 points.

You're putting $394.86 of spend on your Chase IHG card, where you earn 5 pts/$ of spend at IHG hotels. That should get you 1974 pts.

You'll earn 500 points for yourself and 500 points to share (to yourself) for meeting the 1 night tier of the Share Forever promotion. You'll earn 1000 points per stay for 1 stay from the Not All Business promotion.

You should get 500 points (or you can opt to get a snack or water) at check-in as a gift for being a platinum member.

So in total, you should earn 9544 points.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by tdankmyer

The reservation always is off with points not calculating really any bonusses.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:28 pm

Anybody got points from this promotion? I received the offer by email, signed up in April, had some eligible F&B spend in June, got my hotel points, but no promo points.

Retroclaim was met with the usual 'credit in 4-6 weeks' answer by the service center in the Philippines, to which I replied I highly doubted it based on previous experience as promo points always post simultaneously. I was then fed the same drivel in less than polite fashion. I can't recall one single instance I didn't come away frustrated from an interaction with that unit, which only seems empowered to shoo away customers in the hope they will give up, quite a contrast to the friendly (Scottish? Irish?) call center of years past

Originally Posted by demue
For a limited time, were making your stays at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts twice as rewarding. From 15 April to 31 August 2015, enjoy double IHG Rewards Club points on restaurant dining, drinks and in-room services charged to your room.

What: Earn 2X points on room service, food and beverages, In-room movies, telephone and laundry services charged to your room.
When: 15 April 31 August 2015
Where: InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan), the Middle East and Africa
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
What do you have to do to receive promotions from IHG? I get maybe one or two in an entire year and those yield very few points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.