Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by friendlyplanet
So I went to book a stay for later this month, and wanted to use the app, because that's one of my Into the Nights goals. But the app does not show the same rates as the website, in particular it is missing the IHG Rewards Club Member Exclusive with Breakfast promotional rate.

So I book a higher rate on the app, thinking that customer service can later change the booking to the Member rate- but now they say they cannot touch that reservation (note to others who want to do this- book a fully refundable rate, rather than the one that most closely matches the one you want).

Pretty stupid to have a game that requires you to use the app, when it's really not ready for use!
Will the rewards club exclusive rate with breakfast count for the Into The Nights promo? I was under the impression that it must be the best flex with breakfast.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by chrism20
Will the rewards club exclusive rate with breakfast count for the Into The Nights promo? I was under the impression that it must be the best flex with breakfast.
Unless you got some special goal like "book a night under best flex rate" or something, most rates should qualify for the regular stay goals. Here's the T's and C's from goal to do two stays-

"A Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Points are not issued for Stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s discretion. "
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:45 am

[QUOTE=friendlyplanet;23509359]Unless you got some special goal like "book a night under best flex rate" or something, most rates should qualify for the regular stay goals. Here's the T's and C's from goal to do two stays- [QUOTE]

Sorry I misread, I was thinking of the points package ones, not the breakfast doh!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Free night terms

Free Nights earned are applicable only to the room nights and privileges specifically provided by this Promotion and supporting Offers, at IHG’s discretion, and are not comparable with IHG® Rewards Club Reward Night (redeemed by points) or any other room nights. Free Nights earned from Stays, as defined in the Into the Nights terms, completed during Registration must be redeemed by 31 December 2015. Free Nights earned must be claimed by 31 January 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion. Free Nights shall be redeemed on first-come and first-served basis. Redemptions must be made 24 hours in advance by logging in to the member account on www.ihgrewardsclub.com. Cancellation or changes must be made 48 hours prior to 6 P.M. of arrival date. Any changes or cancellation after that will be deemed to be a no show, and the Free Night credit will be removed from member’s IHG Rewards Club account. Free Nights cannot be exchanged for cash and are not transferrable in the system to other members and guests. IHG reserves the right to remove a member’s Free Night reward if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.

I assume from reading these terms IHG will exclude the high end hotels. "The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion".
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by mech11
Well, this has to be a good deal : stay 7 nights 6/6 offers. Nothing fancy to do,and get 89,800 miles Total.
just have to figure out the App. thing.

Right now my acct. is set at air canada, I wonder what would happen if I changed to another airline?
It's a good thing I read the TERMS; Air Canada is not a Participating Airline in this promo.

I take it that you push the download now, for the app. and then transfer it to your phone? or can it be on a I pad ??
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by mech11
It's a good thing I read the TERMS; Air Canada is not a Participating Airline in this promo.
Are you sure you're reading your offer correctly? Sounds like you're reading "points" as "miles". I saw some posts a while back stating that the promo could yield a minimum of 50k points or 10k miles. 89k miles sounds far too extreme.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Asaro
Are you sure you're reading your offer correctly? Sounds like you're reading "points" as "miles". I saw some posts a while back stating that the promo could yield a minimum of 50k points or 10k miles. 89k miles sounds far too extreme.
It's miles,,,,44,800 miles and 45,000 bonus,= 89,800 total miles.
But I have to switch my earnings to Alaska and who knows what will happen.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: *alliance G || skyteam Elite || etihad gold || hhonors gold || le club platinum
are the 2 vouchers transferable to me from an other person
and can i book a stay with my current points and combine with the 2 free nights?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
You can't transfer but you can book nights for somebody else.

I don't see what you mean my combining. Are you free to book nights on points and then book free nights before, after or in-between? Hell Yeah !

Originally Posted by DancePlaza
are the 2 vouchers transferable to me from an other person
and can i book a stay with my current points and combine with the 2 free nights?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by lightyear40
I assume from reading these terms IHG will exclude the high end hotels. "The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion".
I'd say it's a full gone certainty that the likes of IC PL, Amstel etc etc will be ruled out or will have 'Limited' availability - ie very little.

Until they issue a list it's difficult to say one way or another which way is best to go tbh. If you take London for example if the IC is excluded some may still opt for some of the Indigo's or CP if they are on the list due to them requiring 45k points, if not I can see more going for the points.

I wonder if and when we will see a list.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:39 am

Anyone else's promo change? I had the standard '3 nights, 2 Saturdays, 2 holiday inns, etc.' promo for 4,500 + 50,000 bonus. I signed in now and have 4 nights, survey, 2 HIs, and breakfast with points rate for 18,100 + 31,900. Thoughts?

nvm, that's what I get for not reading the past the latest page. See others have the same thing.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: *alliance G || skyteam Elite || etihad gold || hhonors gold || le club platinum
Originally Posted by SteamyUncle
You can't transfer but you can book nights for somebody else.

I don't see what you mean my combining. Are you free to book nights on points and then book free nights before, after or in-between? Hell Yeah !
I would like to book 1 stay with 5 nights based on:
3 nights with points
and 2 nights with the 2 free night voucher
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by DancePlaza
I would like to book 1 stay with 5 nights based on:
3 nights with points
and 2 nights with the 2 free night voucher
If I understand what you are saying correctly that won't be possible.

Just to check if I've got it correct. Your Into the nights target is for three nights, obviously including a points package and you want to stay these three nights and then use the two free nights to extend your stay to five nights?

If I've read it correct that won't be possible as you first need to wait on the actual stay/s posting to your IHG account and then wait on them porting to the dashboard which takes at least another three to four days so you are looking at around eight days from checkout for your free nights to be released.

Also adding them onto the end would also risk the reservations being merged which would mean the points for the first three nights (paid) would be held up further as the stay is extended and won't go to IHG for posting until you physically checkout.

If that wasn't what you were meaning my apologies and pass me the sniffing salts
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:34 am

I really hope there will be a way to check availability without redeeming for the voucher first, especially if it is more limited than regular reward nights
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by lightyear40

From VFTW's post on 9/5:
"IHG confirmed for me that these free nights work just list their co-brand credit card’s annual free night: usable at any participating IHG property (as long as reward nights are available) and expire after 12 months."

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....le/#more-27581

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.