Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:35 pm

Why not just BUY

why not just BUY 50,000 points for $ 350 ?? am I missing
something??
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:04 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by NAREN10216
why not just BUY 50,000 points for $ 350 ?? am I missing
something??
I think a lot. Why not just pay for the nights you want to stay? You could even get suites and Club rooms that way.

Anyway, I'll leave out the obvious and only mention that you can get your account terminated if you do this too brazenly.

HTB.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Kudos to ICHG for making this right (and welcome, Steve, to FlyerTalk).

It still is worth asking, now that IHG is re-engaged here, how their IT/marketing/Rewards Club/customer care offices can be so sloppy. This is the third of these complex, individualized promotions, and the implementation has been a fiasco each time.

As a loyal IC customer, I recommend that you take a good look at your capabilities and make sure that they are commensurate with your ambitions in what could be cutting-edge promotions that are valuable and fun for customers and presumably useful data-mining exercises for ICHG.

I guess in the end we can say, no harm, no foul, but these episodes have wasted a lot of customers' (and, no doubt, employees') time and effort and reflect poorly on the brand.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
My read of the word "offer" in the IHG Care post is to mean only the one offer of booking a stay with the app. To earn the full bonus, you would still have to complete the 4 other offers as originally sent to the member.

I am also left wondering if my booking a stay via the Ipad app is going to count, as I am showing no progress towards that offer.

David
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Wow, that was a surprise! Thanks IHG for doing the right thing!! Great news!

I can now start looking forward to the stays I have booked!!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:21 pm

Great but IHGcare doesn't mention anything about those challenges which
doesn't seem to be posting correctly, eg. "extend the weekend" seems like
only 2-day stays with a check-in Fri. check-out Sund post
not stays with a check-in Sat. check-out Monday etc.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Not only does it appear that only one (1) stay is all that is required, but that the hotel type (e.g. Even hotel, Holiday Inn, etc. ) may no longer matter.
Why are you talking about hotel type? No ones 'Book on the IHG App' offer mentioned anything about a specific hotel type?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by PHLisa
I'm surprised no one else noticed this little tidbit. I don't think this sentence was meant to be included in the public announcement. God help anyone who signs up now, they'll have something ludicrous like 59 nights in 2 weeks and IHG will "simply say" that is correct because hey, you get what you see and what you see is obviously correct.
I think people did notice it but we have just assumed that Kevin posted the guidelines that given to IHG employees. He has just shared that with us directly. They will probably re-word the public communication.

All the matters is that they will honor the original offer.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AndyRobin
Why are you talking about hotel type? No ones 'Book on the IHG App' offer mentioned anything about a specific hotel type?
Easy. Because the IHG rep does not specifically refer to the IHG app as the problem.

Although many complaints have been about the IHG app and that now individuals seem to have higher app booking required, others have noted that there "offers" have changed completely -- it seemed to me that this meant that they now might have other threshold requirements to meet.

In addition, not everyone who had received a promotion was required to book using the IHG app to meet their threshold goals -- some such as myself, only needed to complete 3 of 4 requirements and one of those was completing a survey. Other goals were to have 2 Saturday night bookings and another was one stay at an Even hotel. Obviously, a Saturday night stay at an Even hotel satisfies one of my requirements and completes 1/2 of another. Not an IHG app booking needs to be made for either.

In any event, it is quite unclear if the "offer" referred to above only meant the IHG App requirement, since others have written to complain about not only the requirement of an IHG app booking but the other terms changing, as well.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:27 pm

I think it's pretty clear that the entire post was about the Download and book a stay turning into Download and book # stays.

Nearly everybody had the # of stays hurdle changed, and some also had the number of points for that hurdle changed.

Grammatically it could be referencing other hurdles too, but I highly doubt it.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Kevin IHG rep - (For those of us who have documented progress):

Will the corrections happen automatically or does one have to complain by calling, or using the customer form on the IHG website?

If automatic, then when do you foresee the dashboard being updated? My dashboard still shows the newer bogus version of the "book and stay with app" offer (book using app next 49 stays, etc.).

Thanks for any updates.
bb
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:28 pm

I called IHG Care before reading the above posts. I was requested to send in screen shot of original offer, but as long as they honor the orginal offer, I'm happy.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by crimsona
I think it's pretty clear that the entire post was about the Download and book a stay turning into Download and book # stays.

Nearly everybody had the # of stays hurdle changed, and some also had the number of points for that hurdle changed.

Grammatically it could be referencing other hurdles too, but I highly doubt it.

I see what you mean, but at least a few posters have mentioned that their offers have completely changed. However, it does make sense that they are referring to the IHG app -- I just hope that they are more explicit about what the "offer" is and that those who say that their offer changed, will be able to get their original offer's terms re-instated.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador
How can I redeem my free night when I earned it?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond
Corporate IHG has a big mess to straighten out and I am going to give them some time to figure out how to do that. In addition to the # of stays to book with the app, there are also issues with their system such as 1) being able to correctly recognize when someone registered 2) whether a stay was really booked with the app and 3) whether you applied for the Chase card through their link. They cannot rely on screen shots because there is no way that the average consumer would have taken a screen shot of their original offer.

They already compounded their problems with inconsistent email responses. So, I hope they take the time to create a true fix rather than throwing us partial answers that they then have to retract or change. This could take a while, so I will try to be patient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.