Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Cybrandian
Apologies if this has already been asked but I have 3 free nights from this promo.

I was hoping to use them for a relative to have a short break ( I wouldn't be staying) and was wondering whether anyone has done this successfully, given that the T and C's suggest that only the member who has acquired the nights is entitled to use them ?

Thanks.
My wife's cousin booked a stay for my wife and I and contacted IHG before hand, and they confirmed it was ok to book a stay for family using free nights. We checked in and enjoyed the stay with no issues.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: IHG Spire HHonors Diamond CC Gold
Originally Posted by tylerc
My wife's cousin booked a stay for my wife and I and contacted IHG before hand, and they confirmed it was ok to book a stay for family using free nights. We checked in and enjoyed the stay with no issues.
Thanks for the update.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:59 am

I qualified for 2 free nights under the ITN promotion

I currently have a booking for CP in London later in the year - however my reservation states that a coupon/voucher is required under rate rules. I never received one - the award nights simply appeared in my account.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by baggyred
I qualified for 2 free nights under the ITN promotion

I currently have a booking for CP in London later in the year - however my reservation states that a coupon/voucher is required under rate rules. I never received one - the award nights simply appeared in my account.
Our booking for Rome this weekend says the same. Is there really a voucher we need? Seems backwards!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by essexadventurer
Our booking for Rome this weekend says the same. Is there really a voucher we need? Seems backwards!
I've used one of mine and wasn't asked for a voucher at IC PL, it did mention voucher on the screen but I didn't have any problems.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by essexadventurer

No voucher is needed. I also used one of my free nights in Rome. Have a great time!

By the way, I know that the free nights expire on Dec 31 of this year, but does anyone know if it would be possible to use a free night for a stay next year as long as it's booked before Dec 31?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Thanks both, was getting everything ready for the trip and saw that. Panic! Must be dodgy IHG IT again....!
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:53 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by swancity
No voucher is needed. I also used one of my free nights in Rome. Have a great time!

By the way, I know that the free nights expire on Dec 31 of this year, but does anyone know if it would be possible to use a free night for a stay next year as long as it's booked before Dec 31?
You only need to book by end of the year, can stay next year. Somewhere here you will find that.

BR FC
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Thanks to all those who initially motivated us to participate in this promo.

It worked out well, and hoping to enjoy the fruits this fall. We'd earlier used some of the other pts earned for a ski jaunt, which was also very good value.

Booked a couple of nights the NYC Times Sq. IC, that I could never rationally pay for without this.

The ITN nights even let us pick an 2 bed upgraded Deluxe room, so there is now the option to have a friend join us if we want. Two bed gtyd hotel rooms in Manhattan are sort of rare.

I too saw the stuff about the voucher required at checkin, but never received one. I will lob a call/email into the help desk about that, and hope that my experience matches what others report here, which is that no (non existant) voucher is required.

Easy booking too.

I am turning into a fan of the IHG program. Good footprint. And fair rewards. We'll steer more stays toward them.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by akr1970akr

Booked a couple of nights the NYC Times Sq. IC, that I could never rationally pay for without this. --
Same here.

Tip; check your reservation that is there is a link to a paid upgrade.
I was able to make eStandby Upgrade request to a "1 King Bed Sky View Corner"- room for 47 usd/night. Will see how this works out for me in November!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Anybody who ended up with "extra" nights try to use the "extra" ones already? Any feedback would be great. PM if necessary.
I ended up with a total of 7 free nights from the promo. I booked and stayed on 4 of them. The other 3 have recently disappeared from my account :-(
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Originally Posted by ls
my free night status shows the chase visa free night (which I don't have it any more).
And I didn't see the free night from into the nights promotion..
I ended up with 7 free nights in total. I used 4, had 3 remaining. Now those 3 are gone. Maybe IHG worked out the bug in the system and removed my extra nights :-(
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by travellermatt
I ended up with 7 free nights in total.
How did you end up with an odd number? That's the only part of your post that sounds odd.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
I just went to use my second free night and it's disappeared from my account - not sure if I should be glad I'm not alone or not...
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I think even legitimate nights vanished. Argh!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.