Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by chrisksc
I was told this will not be rectified. Bookings need to be done thru them.
at least IHG customer service is in alignment with its IT dept, they both consistently communicate erroneous information.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
I noticed this yesterday when I was about to redeem one of the ITTN certs. I called Manila. It wasn't widely known, as the agent came back after hold to say "we're having problems with the certificates at the moment". She then posted the needed amount of award points for my booking and made a booking on my behalf. ^
That's how the usually do it? They post the points to your account and perform then the booking for you?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:50 am

Anyone else not seeing the 2 free nights? The terms says "Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015" but I went to redeem them today and I don't see them.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:03 am
Company Representative - InterContinental Hotels

Programs: IHG Rewards Club
Into The Nights

Dear rtraveler,

Thank you for posting your question. I would like to know if you are referring to the Into The Nights Promotion? If so, please call IHG Rewards Club Service Center at 1-888-211-9874 for more assistance.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Old Oct 22, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by rtraveler
Anyone else not seeing the 2 free nights? The terms says "Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015" but I went to redeem them today and I don't see them.
Originally Posted by IHG Care
Dear rtraveler,

Thank you for posting your question. I would like to know if you are referring to the Into The Nights Promotion? If so, please call IHG Rewards Club Service Center at 1-888-211-9874 for more assistance.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Congratulations, you have struck gold! You are the beneficiary of the official IHG fourth quarter post. They used to be monthly but now they appear to have slipped to quarterly.

On the matter of your free nights though it's been reported that they have all disappeared of the end of the system that we see as customers however they are still visible to IHG and you now need to call to book them.

Remember they must be used by December 31st not just booked by then unless IHG have relaxed that but I haven't seen anyone else post that they have.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
How exactly does that work? You give the dates and city and they tell you the one or two properties that participate (at that time)?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
How exactly does that work? You give the dates and city and they tell you the one or two properties that participate (at that time)?
It looks like it unless you have a specific hotel in mind.

Not ideal really but at least you can still book them, could be quite long winded though if your first or second choices aren't available.

It may just be a coincidence but does anyone else find it strange that last years free nights are suddenly no longer visible as the first reports of this years promotion (for new accounts that get free nights) being achieved start to circulate? Sounds like they have used the same programme and forgot that last years were still live.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Is it true that if you can free nights like these, you get the (equivalent) points refunded to your account?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Is it true that if you can free nights like these, you get the (equivalent) points refunded to your account?
Do not understand your question exactly. The free nights can be used for free nights. They are not transferrable to points. You cannot refund them for points.

Maybe CS will do something like this, but it is specific in the T&C that you are not supposed to.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Do not understand your question exactly. The free nights can be used for free nights. They are not transferrable to points. You cannot refund them for points.

Maybe CS will do something like this, but it is specific in the T&C that you are not supposed to.
Clearly you haven't been keeping up with this thread?

There have been several reports of CS changing the free nights to points in order to book rooms. The rooms could then be cancelled and the points would go into one's account.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was wondering whether they convert then to points at booking when they do it, so you would get them back, or whether some reps "convert" them and let you do your own booking, or whether canceling the rooms booked with Free Nights gets the equivalent points back in your account?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:23 pm

Just logged into my account and found that two free NTs disappeared

So the only way to redeem is to call?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Gold
Had to call to redeem my nights. CSR converted to points and booked it. However, she said that the points will expire at the same date the nights did if I cancelled. I had to cancel my reservation and the points returned to my account. However, I see no indication that a portion will expire. Is there a way to check this? Will they actually expire?

Last edited by chewable; Oct 26, 2015 at 8:21 am
Old Oct 26, 2015, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by chewable
Had to call to redeem my nights. CSR converted to points and booked it. However, she said that the points will expire at the same date the nights did. I had to cancel my reservation and the points returned to my account. However, I see no indication that a portion will expire. Is there a way to check this? Will they actually expire?
if the points went back to the account, i'd feel comfortable they won't be going anywhere.

no way to check, as long as you have activity, points don't expire.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: UA Gold. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by lz80521
Just logged into my account and found that two free NTs disappeared

So the only way to redeem is to call?
Same here

Is it possible to check a hotel's availability before calling to book? If for example an IC has 2 reward nights available, does this mean those 2 nights are eligible as one's ITN "free nights"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.