Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion Discussion Thread 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2014, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by js80
Does anyone know if rewards stays count towards the requirements for the Into the Nights promo?
See the FAQ at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...er-thread.html.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iFlip23
When making a points/points and cash booking as a Platinum Elite, would it be wise to expect a guaranteed room upgrade, on a honeymoon too, or would you only expect a guaranteed room upgrade on a paid stay?
You probably want to split this out into a separate thread (I'll page a moderator).

In the mean time, I will say that it depends—the main IC Hong Kong is I think pretty infamous for not offering upgrades on reward stays. Other places may be kinder.

To be frank if it's important for your honeymoon I'd just pay for a room rather than leave it to chance.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by patgarrett
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/31771

If anyone wants their blood pressure to go through the roof.
(...)

We are still suffering from this fiasco last year. I had to wait 5 days for a response this past week.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Sep 29, 2014 at 11:13 pm Reason: edited not necessary commet out of post
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:19 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

The discussion about the IHG Dining Rewards Sheme was moved to this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-platinum.html

Thank you

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Weekend Bonus

I signed up for it months ago, and got the points for a stay this past Labor Day weekend (August). However, it's still showing as an "active" promotion on my My Offers page - can one earn it multiple times? (I didn't think so, but thought I'd ask here.)
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I signed up for it months ago, and got the points for a stay this past Labor Day weekend (August). However, it's still showing as an "active" promotion on my My Offers page - can one earn it multiple times? (I didn't think so, but thought I'd ask here.)
Last year you could, no idea this year I only got it once myself.

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Oct 7, 2014 at 2:29 pm
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have a Fri/Sat stay coming up soon, so we'll see if it credits again.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Last year you could, no idea this year I only got it once myself.
i had a lot of weekends last year and previous years, and have only had it pay once annually, either automatically, or more often, manually after a phone call.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i had a lot of weekends last year and previous years, and have only had it pay once annually, either automatically, or more often, manually after a phone call.
Last year it paid twice automatically, in both cases the points posted several weeks after the stays.

Points have always posted the same date for everyone regardless of the date of the stay.

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Oct 8, 2014 at 3:16 pm
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Last year it paid twice automatically, in both cases the points posted several weeks after the stays.

Points have always posted the same date for everyone regardless of the date of the stay.
actually i do recall now, i had it applied manually as it didn't go through automatically, and then at a much later date it processed automatically, from a subsequent weekend stay, and surprised me, i thought i only got it twice because of the manual request.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This time my stay was credited fairly quickly, I think a couple of weeks later at most. I brought up the issue as it stays on the My Offers page with no COMPLETED notice, and an end date of Dec 31, 2014.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
This time my stay was credited fairly quickly, I think a couple of weeks later at most. I brought up the issue as it stays on the My Offers page with no COMPLETED notice, and an end date of Dec 31, 2014.
i just checked mine from beginning '14 to March '15, no activity shows, not withstanding i've had one pay manually which i can understand wouldn't display there, but one was automatic, and doesn't show there either.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:15 am

just made a new account and these all worked, but i think i may scrap this account b/c of fear of termination for using these codes

New Stay Bonus – 4040 (1500 points)
Anniversary Bonus – 8000 (1000 points)
New Member Bonus – 9944 (3000 points)
Gold Bonus - 8301 (1000 points)
Platinum Bonus - 8317 (5000 points) <-- if i get the chase IHG card that puts me at platinum elite status, will i get these 5k points too?
Weekend Stay Bonus - 6796 (? points)
Book With Us - 5147 (4000 points)

Last edited by deyainrdy4ds; Oct 19, 2014 at 4:14 am
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:27 pm
Suspended

never mind found what I was looking for

Last edited by craz; Oct 24, 2014 at 2:05 am
Old Nov 13, 2014, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I got a nice one via email today (targeted):

Book and get 5,000 points back!

Make the most out of your points and book a Reward Night using a combination of your IHG® Rewards Club points and cash. With the Points and Cash program you can book your next Reward Night, at any of our 4,700 hotels worldwide, without waiting to accumulate more points. Plus, stay now through December 31st and we will refill your account with 5,000 points¹. Book now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.