Wiki Posts
Search

No Blackberry App..is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, Skywards, Priority Club

A bit surprised I couldn't find a thread on this. I work in the travel industry anyway, and run into IHG Sales and Marketing people I know from time to time. I usually tease them by asking when they're going to get round to a proper Blackberry app rather than the mobile site shortcut they eventually put up a few months ago.

Now, the thing is, Blackberry users are largely corporates - IHG's core market. To not have one is beyond belief. They tell me that this is the biggest single complaint they get as well.

It's well known it's easier to code for iPhone and Android than Blackberry, but it's not in Swahili for goodness sake!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by Barham
A bit surprised I couldn't find a thread on this. I work in the travel industry anyway, and run into IHG Sales and Marketing people I know from time to time. I usually tease them by asking when they're going to get round to a proper Blackberry app rather than the mobile site shortcut they eventually put up a few months ago.

Now, the thing is, Blackberry users are largely corporates - IHG's core market. To not have one is beyond belief. They tell me that this is the biggest single complaint they get as well.

It's well known it's easier to code for iPhone and Android than Blackberry, but it's not in Swahili for goodness sake!
Black Berry is almost dead
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Nice try...
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by Barham
Ndiyo
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
http://www.talkandroid.com/wp-conten...tioncomics.jpg
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Always been a good one that.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
So I know this is an old thread anyone know if IHG is planning to make an app?

I still see a lot of people flying, esp business people using BB.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
So I know this is an old thread anyone know if IHG is planning to make an app?

I still see a lot of people flying, esp business people using BB.
except increasingly those people also carry a android based smartphone or I-phone, besides the company issued bb.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
except increasingly those people also carry a android based smartphone or I-phone, besides the company issued bb.
Yes they do, thats the thing most of them have multiple devices, either BB+I-phone or BB+Android. So common element is BB, I hardly see people with Android+I-Phone.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Yes they do, thats the thing most of them have multiple devices, either BB+I-phone or BB+Android. So common element is BB, I hardly see people with Android+I-Phone.
One assumes there was more chance of a BB app when this thread was started, than there is now.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:51 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I am one of the guys, who prefer a Blackberry over any other smartphone for the simpel reason, that this are the only smartphones which come with a usable keyboard to which is usable for tiping.

And yes, I am also not amused that there are some companies who decided not so support Blackberry users with apps. On older one, not all the one for the newer devices are running. Not so much a problem, since I have an android as backup and will upgrade my BB to a newer oneand trying to leave the android at home more often.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
I am one of the guys, who prefer a Blackberry over any other smartphone for the simpel reason, that this are the only smartphones which come with a usable keyboard to which is usable for tiping.

And yes, I am also not amused that there are some companies who decided not so support Blackberry users with apps. On older one, not all the one for the newer devices are running. Not so much a problem, since I have an android as backup and will upgrade my BB to a newer oneand trying to leave the android at home more often.
Yup, I have the Q10 and its much better than the older OS, the BB10 is indeed better. Just annoying that lots of companies are not supporting even with their small market share now its still a market share that they can have.

I have emailed them last year I think. Today I will try to email them again. If there will be more people emailing them then they might consider.

The funny thing is that I have talked to one of the IC GM and they said they are only allowed to have BB or I-Phone for work and no Android. Yet no BB app.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle

Blackberry? What is that? After I bought my Moto Droid4 with it's great physical keyboard (i have fat fingers and love a real keyboard) I stopped thinking about Bberry. You should try it, it's great.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan

i use an old BB Curve, and have an old IHG app that i've had for a few years, that books and shows basic IHG account info, total points etc, i'm now questioning whether that will satisfy for the ITTN promo, downloading and making a booking using the app, does anyone know?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Sorry but BB is death... The cost a huge fee per Month and make just trouble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.