Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority club account deleted!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Quite true but it is not likely that all 7 people would play right after one another on the same computer especially if they are from a different address. I am just assuming that the accounts are played consecutively which could flag some sort of audit.
I think 7 accounts are much more likely to raise a red flag than two accounts.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
With all 7 accounts winning, I think that your pig might have become a hog, thereby explaining the audit. The audit is anything BUT random.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
7 winning accounts.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by azepine00
I recall similar but much more widespread issues with accounts in China after their previous fiasco.
Yep, the title reminded me of the good ole days of Quizgate and the PCR points millionaires who ruined the party
Old Feb 23, 2011, 3:04 pm
Suspended

if most of the accts only had pts from promos and not actual stays or a CC I would have thought PC would have shut all of them down. As for the 1 acct it seems the OPs own acct that had other activity I would have thought PC would have simply removed any pts earned from this promo and left the others as is, go figure

But multi accts from the same mailing address and same last name and using the exact same computer does spell Trouble. 2 accts maybe 3 tops but 7
Old Feb 23, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Two accounts are not working for my family.
My wife's account keep getting deleted. (3 times)
We don't even have the same last name.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL, AT, HH Diamond, PC Plat AMB
We had 2 accounts, no wins...and one was deleted.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Echarais
We had 2 accounts, no wins...and one was deleted.
did you look at the cache file at all? have you contacted them??
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Goonerfish
did you look at the cache file at all? have you contacted them??
What cache file? I haven't contacted them because this was the second one they deleted, and I'm annoyed with them. There were only 7500 points, so we will just stick to my husband's account I guess.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
What cache file? I haven't contacted them because this was the second one they deleted, and I'm annoyed with them. There were only 7500 points, so we will just stick to my husband's account I guess.
When was it deleted?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why would you let it go??? I'd raise hell - since when they can simply delete accounts without any justification? Was it open using some targeted promo such as below?

Maybe you opened a Platinum account when there was recently a promotion? I did so too. And my Platinum account was also deleted. My gold account is still there.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
7 winning accounts.
I wonder if that was Aigars&co - i recall 5-7 of them in the top 100

Looks like "ARKADIJS B" from the UK is still playing with multiple accounts... and shows on the winner list (top 100) for last week twice. Unless there are really two different legitimate ARKADIJS B from the UK, this one would seem to be an easy one for PC to pick out...
That's one gifted British-Lithuanian (or perhaps British-Latvian) family - I can also see Juris B., Uldis B., Aigars B, Arkadis B., Arkadijs B. in the top 100
Old Feb 23, 2011, 5:27 pm

Why would you let it go??? I'd raise hell - since when they can simply delete accounts without any justification? Was it open using some targeted promo such as below?

I opened it a few weeks ago, did some promos. I am letting it go because I would not use it for hotel stays because my husband's status is way better.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I opened it a few weeks ago, did some promos. ...
Opened via a promo not targeted to you? It was posted here, on FT, SD etc IIRC.

There is a difference between closing legit accounts and those opened in violation for T&Cs. (BTW reading cache is not a violation of T&Cs of PC or even the game so that wouldn't do it).
Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:06 pm

Opened via a promo not targeted to you? It was posted here, on FT, SD etc IIRC.

There is a difference between closing legit accounts and those opened in violation for T&Cs. (BTW reading cache is not a violation of T&Cs of PC or even the game so that wouldn't do it).

Uh, no. I opened it so I could get points for purchasing a car seat through rewards mall. I am well aware of T&C's and have been managing my husband's account for years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.