Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority club account deleted!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sara5571
Well after 6 phone calls (including one with a person so rude that I was reduced to tears) and three emails to the service centre, I finally got a call from management to inform me that my account and the accounts of my family have been permanently closed and I can't have one ever again, because I had participated in the promotion for them and because you "can't manage other people's accounts for them". No matter how I tried to talk to the man, he simply kept stating this and stated it was not open for debate. He said it didn't matter that I had past stays or the credit card and said that in this age of identity fraud he hoped I could understand why they were taking this action! I offered to prove the identity of each of the account holders but he wouldn't listen. I understand that I violated the terms of the game and was therefore open to disqualification for playing on their behalf, but cancellation? I am extremely disappointed with how this has been handled and all for playing a silly game. Won't be staying with IHG ever again
Did he say that it was indeed the quiz that actually caused the audit in the first place? Or did he only use that as an excuse after you offered that information?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:11 am
Original Poster

He firstly just said promotion and then he specifically mentioned the WIIAM game. I asked him was it simply playing that game and he said no it was managing various accounts and playing the game in order to "rack up points" amounted to fraudulent activity and that cancelling the accounts was the least action they would consider. The way he talked about racking up the points I thought he was accusing me of using some sort of hack, so I said could you explain about racking up points when I was simply playing for other people at times and without any cheats, but this didn't matter. He said they had proof of the fraudulent activity but wouldn't divulge what it was, he was quite vague about this aside from managing the accounts of the other family members to be honest. I admitted playing on their behalf with their permission at times and was therefore open to disqualification so I asked if even just my account could be kept and the others closed and he said no. I had put information about the game in the email I had sent, but this man didn't seem to know that the email existed.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Admitting that you "played for the accounts with each person's permission" might have been a mistake. It may only be a technicality but it may be the one detail that PC justifies the closing of the accounts. Just a guess.

Sorry you seem to be having a tough time w PC - it's really a pretty good program and I hope this all gets worked out.
I thought that may be the one thing they latched onto.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: IC RA
Just a quick question

Did the person from PC not think it odd that you could have the authority to leave your families accounts closed but yours to remain open (as you mentioned to him), especially if as you say they actually belong to them but you controlled them.

If they were opened up specifically for the quiz you can see PC's point in closing all of them.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
This has to be the worst thought up game in Priority club history.
1) Customers trying to scam
2) Honesty not rewarded
3) Probably more dissatisfied customers than winners

My opinion whoever thought the game up for priority club should be terminated
Old Apr 15, 2011, 1:21 am

Has anyone else had their account shut, due to the 'Win it in a minute' contest? Have you been sucessful in having it re-instated?
Old May 9, 2011, 5:22 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by sara5571
amounted to fraudulent activity and that cancelling the accounts was the least action they would consider
Give me a break. What more do they think they could do?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 4:27 pm

phone number?

Does anyone have a real live us agent's phone contact info, that deals in this audit dept? I am having the same issue, but talking to the walls....
Old Aug 11, 2011, 2:41 am
Suspended

People should pay attention to the post from last year that many many Chinese members account being closed for various reason. It seems that PC started from Asia and work westwards.

I did a survey on the Chinese members who lost their account, and found that the cause of closing account is based on multiple misbehaviour. The common misbehaviour I found were

1) Doing the quiz multiple times
2) Register promo code randomly to check validity
3) various actions include use the facilities of point and cash to gain point
4).......

There are about six or seven actions which is fairly common found among surveyed members. Here I will not go into details. People interested with this topic should search flyertea the Chinese forum and use the help of google translation.

To answer OP about the managing family account. In the survey, to have multiple accounts and managing family and friends account is considered of one of the cause that IHG to close member account. But I found the rate was very low, I seem to remember only about 20% of the surveyed population admitting to have such action. I need to check my survey result later as it is not on my iPad. However, I firmly believe that IHG or PriorityClub has a handful of evidence to close members accounts, and the actions lead to this decision is more likely to be multiple causes. In many case I think the cookies of the computer you have used may suggest something, or the constant behaviour pattern. Good luck. It will be likely that you have lost your account and PC will not give it back based on the Chinese experience. Otherwise there will be outrage from other members who lost the battle.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by chongcao

I did a survey on the Chinese members who lost their account.
Thank you for letting us know about your survey.

Kindly confirm the following points:
          Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:07 am
          Suspended

Originally Posted by midnight
          Thank you for letting us know about your survey.

Kindly confirm the following points:
                  1>, I did two rounds of survey. One is 34 and one is over 70 (again have to look back a littel later can only confirm first round 34 samples and second round more than 70)

2>, I was able to contact them because there are so many people got their account forzen and the complained in Flyertalk and the chinese equivelant flyertea.com

I was shocked about the scene and decide to hold up a survey to try to find out the reason behind all this. The people who got their account frozen are very eager as well so I was able to use online forum as the platform to get the survey done.

3>, the questions includes the membership type, level etc...Then it ask some specific information about the behaviour pattern includes whether members take part in the various misbehaviour indentified in that time.

4>, Please have a look at http://www.flyertea.com/thread-28915-1-1.html

It is the draft for the first round of the survey. I never really persued further in fear of corporate legal staff (you know what I mean). Anyway some stats in the second round survey you can find at http://www.flyertea.com/thread-39137-1-1.html which contains the general group for comparison...

I am actually glad that this sort of thing is happening in the Europe and US now. More people would pay attention to this matter whereas last year only seems Chinese being affected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.