Wiki Posts
Search

IC New York Times Square Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
IC New York Times Square Master Thread

Arrived yesterday arround 8:45 am after UA SFO-JFK redeye & was welcomed by name by doorman & bellman, which was nice, only to find whole management team waiting inside with cameras at the ready for their first guests: sister & me! Wow! (More on the "meet & greet" in my trip review, which will come later).

Hotel is almost done so I'd call this a "soft" opening. Most of the rooms are complete, but work still ongoing in a few areas (dining - No Todd till later this month!) but key functions are up & operating. As Ambassador, upgraded from 2 deluxe rooms to 2 skyrooms, which are their floor-to-celing corner rooms - great views. Pictures on website are very representative of rooms: really nice decor throughout hotel & great artwork. Bed is super comfortable - asleep when head hit pillow! Double paned windows block a lot of NYC noise (those sirens penatrate everything.) As dining room not opening yet, free, full & yummy breakfast is being offered guests in one of the downstairs grand ballrooms. Each room has own computer ($12.95) but WIFI for your own laptop is $10 day; will check to see if this is free for Ambassador & RA's.
Going to ask for full tour later this week to do biz center, gym, etc.

So far, hotel is great: location, decor, beds, service (extra kudos to concierge staff). Off to tour humid, hot NYC!

Feel free to ask questions.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by travelsavant
Arrived yesterday arround 8:45 am after UA SFO-JFK redeye & was welcomed by name by doorman & bellman, which was nice, only to find whole management team waiting inside with cameras at the ready for their first guests: sister & me! Wow! (More on the "meet & greet" in my trip review, which will come later).

Hotel is almost done so I'd call this a "soft" opening. Most of the rooms are complete, but work still ongoing in a few areas (dining - No Todd till later this month!) but key functions are up & operating. As Ambassador, upgraded from 2 deluxe rooms to 2 skyrooms, which are their floor-to-celing corner rooms - great views. Pictures on website are very representative of rooms: really nice decor throughout hotel & great artwork. Bed is super comfortable - asleep when head hit pillow! Double paned windows block a lot of NYC noise (those sirens penatrate everything.) As dining room not opening yet, free, full & yummy breakfast is being offered guests in one of the downstairs grand ballrooms. Each room has own computer ($12.95) but WIFI for your own laptop is $10 day; will check to see if this is free for Ambassador & RA's.
Going to ask for full tour later this week to do biz center, gym, etc.

So far, hotel is great: location, decor, beds, service (extra kudos to concierge staff). Off to tour humid, hot NYC!

Feel free to ask questions.

Great! Glad it's a good place. Is the a/c effective/working properly atm?
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Great! Glad it's a good place. Is the a/c effective/working properly atm?

A/C blowing very cold air which is very welcome since it's super hot & humid here this week. Whole hotel is very cool...temperature-wise.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by travelsavant
A/C blowing very cold air which is very welcome since it's super hot & humid here this week. Whole hotel is very cool...temperature-wise.
Good to hear ^

Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2010, 3:52 pm

Here's the reply:

Good Afternoon Mr. Morgan,

In regards to your inquiry regarding Royal Ambassador privileges, please be advised that we will be honoring the privileges that go along with the Royal Ambassador membership, on reward nights. In regards to room upgrades, however, they will only be offered upon room availability.

Currently, the hotel is in a ‘soft opening’ phase, so parts of the hotel are still under construction, was there anything in specific you were inquiring about whether or not it would be operational?

We look forward to you staying with us and I advise you to please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

<Name>
Reservations Coordinator

INTERCONTINENTAL NEW YORK TIMES SQUARE

InterContinental New York Times Square

P please consider the environment before printing this email
Old Jul 14, 2010, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hickory hoedown
I have been trying to ask some questions about room facility
by e-mail these four days but have not got any reply from this hotel yet.

Most rooms (not suites) seem to have walk-in rain shower,
but does anyone know about bath-tub?
Will find out tomorrow as doing mini-hotel tour of various room types, suites, service areas (gym, biz center, etc.) My skyroom has rain shower/no bath.

I'll also get guest services email & number. Main # is 212-803-4500 & in-house reservations is 212-803-4525.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:18 pm

It seems as the IC TS cares more about PC Plats then the Crowne Plaza They said on reward nights, if I emailed the woman with my confirmation code for a king I could be upgraded to a corner king room, and with double/double next best avail. at check-in.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
double beds superior room
wake up revitalized in a dbl room.large spa inspired bathrm with bath tub. 42in hdtv wired wireless internet home and touch screen pc to enhance your stay. 350 sq ft of space designed with the feel of a chic manhattan residence. A perfect setting for business leisure and family travel.
Thank you, I have just received reply from IC Times Square that
room category with bath-tub is only superior double-bedded room.

So I will be booking this category
and as an Ambassador standard member,I will be requesting for not upgrading.
A little bit dissapointing that I should give up higher and nice viewed room
just for bath-tub..
Old Jul 15, 2010, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by MarriottHotelsFan
It seems as the IC TS cares more about PC Plats then the Crowne Plaza They said on reward nights, if I emailed the woman with my confirmation code for a king I could be upgraded to a corner king room, and with double/double next best avail. at check-in.
Better than their treatment of RAs on Reward Stays then. Just offering a non-specific SAU. Not impressed at all if this is the case.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Better than their treatment of RAs on Reward Stays then. Just offering a non-specific SAU. Not impressed at all if this is the case.
That's what she told me if you want her email, PM me. She was very kind about it.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 9:11 am

Checking in later this evening and staying the weekend.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:48 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

The preopening discussion and information about the opening could be found in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...er-thread.html

This thread will remain open for now, but we might close it later.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Jul 16, 2010, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hickory hoedown
Thank you, I have just received reply from IC Times Square that
room category with bath-tub is only superior double-bedded room.

So I will be booking this category
and as an Ambassador standard member,I will be requesting for not upgrading.
A little bit dissapointing that I should give up higher and nice viewed room
just for bath-tub..
Saw the double-bed/bathtub room yesterday & it is very nice...since no upgrade ask for some other amenity (with kids, maybe free movie every night?)
Old Jul 16, 2010, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
The preopening discussion and information about the opening could be found in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...er-thread.html

This thread will remain open for now, but we might close it later.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Thanks for starting new thread.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question

Does the hotel have a lounge?
What does an Ambassador have to book to get lounge access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.