Community
Wiki Posts
Search

500 points for reusing towels and bedding.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

500 points for reusing towels and bedding.

Hi

I stayed at Washington, Tyne and Wear, UK HI for a weekend Accelerate stay.

They were offering 500 extra points for not requesting a housekeeping service for the second and subsequent nights of a multi night stay.

They're not elite qualifying points.

Also the Crowne Plaza in Newcastle, UK offers 1000 points for a full price lunch or dinner purchase at their restaurant.

For info.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:25 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
There seems be a jojo-ing value of each brand (IC/CP/HI/HIX etc) and hotel owner to IHGpoints: Indigo EDinburgh welcomes me with 600pts but CP Maastricht welcomes me with 400pts. Beats me what their logic is.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the Marriott forum where it's been noticed and discussed for some time:
it seems to be (a) up to the hotel whether to do it, and (b) up to the hotel how many points (or something else) it gives and in what cases it gives it.

I presume it's thus up to the individual hotel at IHG as well, if there's been no announcement from IHG central about it.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I think it was Starwood that first started this "green" choice programme. However Starwood makes it far more worthwhile. In my view the 500 SPG points you receive per night a full service SPG properties is worth over 3k IHG Points. This may reflect the fact that many IHG properties make it rather difficult to get a daily linen change.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:31 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yes SPG started this quite a while ago, but properties modified it from what I noticed.
Take the Sheraton KUL where it used to be 500 points and was clearly advertised in room and one hang a sign onto the door - done and points posted fine. Nowadays it is 250 points, there is no info in the room and you have to call down or inform them / decline the house keeping service which they may or not pass along and then later you have to argue with them about getting the points.

I haven't gotten such an offer at an IHG hotel yet. The welcome bonus is different altogether, but yes points offered vary a fair bit.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
I had a 2-night stay at HI Orchard this year. I participated in the "No House-keeping" Service and was supposed to receive 500 points. Points did not post and I did not really bother to write in to chase them.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:56 am

I did this last year already at the HIX in Allen, TX and it worked, but when I went there again this year, points did not post for two different stays. Did then try to get them via the "missing points form", but after some back and forth they told me to write the hotel directly to get them. Really not worth the hassle...
Old Jun 21, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
I just got back from a two-night stay at CP Copenhagen Towers, and while it somehow escaped me until checkout, they actually were offering a 75DKK (roughly $11) bill credit for passing on housekeeping once during a 2-night minimum stay. I totally would have done it if I'd know ahead of time.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Delta GM, Avis P+
Staying at the HIE Burlington IA, noticed this for the first time (500 points). I never allow housekeeping in my room during stays (who wants a stranger touching your toothbrush?), so I'll take the free points for doing what I've always done

Makes sense though, if IHG can save on labor and call it a green initiative, it's win win for them. I don't have a new towel daily at home, I don't need one in a hotel.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by FonzieBone
I just got back from a two-night stay at CP Copenhagen Towers, and while it somehow escaped me until checkout, they actually were offering a 75DKK (roughly $11) bill credit for passing on housekeeping once during a 2-night minimum stay. I totally would have done it if I'd know ahead of time.
You have to spend the 75 DKK on food and/or beverages.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Got 2x1000 points for declining maid service on 2 nights of a 4 night reward stay at HIX- Sequim, Washington state. They posted promptly- within a day or so of check out- good front desk team there.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by demue
Yes SPG started this quite a while ago, but properties modified it from what I noticed.
Take the Sheraton KUL where it used to be 500 points and was clearly advertised in room and one hang a sign onto the door - done and points posted fine. Nowadays it is 250 points, there is no info in the room and you have to call down or inform them / decline the house keeping service which they may or not pass along and then later you have to argue with them about getting the points.

I haven't gotten such an offer at an IHG hotel yet. The welcome bonus is different altogether, but yes points offered vary a fair bit.
The SPG asian properties now a days give 250pts it is part of the offer
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:17 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by HadesNL
There seems be a jojo-ing value of each brand (IC/CP/HI/HIX etc) and hotel owner to IHGpoints: Indigo EDinburgh welcomes me with 600pts but CP Maastricht welcomes me with 400pts. Beats me what their logic is.
Welcome points vary by brand at IHG
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:59 am

hmm...wasn't aware IHG did this. Have a 2 night stay for the holiday weekend in Nashville. I'll ask and report back.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Seems to be at the option of the individual hotel- the Sequim HIX advertises its 'greenness' and the good bonus point offer likely ties into that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.