Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reticent Partner

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

virgin atlantic has bar in business
emirates too? but only new york to milan now?

if flying into LGW could do >
http://eliteclass.signatureflight.co.../londongatwick
LHR's similar service is many times as expensive as LGW's
DUB's service is even less expensive, and has pre-clearance on way back
other airports in EU have similar, including DE, NL, FR, CH, AT

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The journey would probably take longer due to connections, but St John's newfoundland to London is flown daily by Air Canada and takes about 4.5 hours
seems there is seasonal westjet for shorter YYT - dublin

boston - iceland may be shorter ?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 29, 2016 at 10:52 pm
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by jkumpire
Does anyone have suggestions to make a TATL flight easier for someone who doesn't really like to fly any kind of distance? Obviously flying C or F is a possibility,

Thanks for the suggestions.

In 35 years of flying I never once managed to sleep on a plane until last year when my TA booked me on a couple of TATL flights, Business class. It's not just that the seats are bigger and they lay flat so you can sleep; it's also because the seats are farther apart so it's quieter and you feel like you have your own space and they pamper you more, and you get to use the Business Class lounge instead of the usual waiting area. It really made the entire experience more relaxing and pleasant.

It's a TON more money but I'd give it a try just once and see if it makes a difference.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

thank you very much, another question

Your suggestions are excellent, and then something else happened...

We were on a DL flight CMH-ATL-DAB, and DAB is a marvelous little airport BTW, as good as I have ever experienced.

We were sitting in a Mad Dog 88 enjoying Comfort Plus in a two seat side and she was looking at 'Sky" or whatever DL's in flight magazine is. She took one look at a picture of a business class seat, and said "that looks comfortable."

Of course alarm bells went off, and I am looking to have enough enough MP miles for two Business Class TATL on UA, it has always been the plan to do it.

Okay, finally my question: Can I take her to inspect or at least get pictures of a J or F seat on a plane? Not really sure how to do this, since it means a flight to ORD from CMH that I take, but will UA or a *A carrier let someone on a plane these days to look it over?

Do i need to call UA and get help? Can I just walk up to a gate where a plane has just landed? I doubt I could get on before a plane loads, and frankly the only time I flew out of the country was on ELY in 1999, and J and F has obviously changed since then.

Help is greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:24 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

I personally think a business-class flight would help, and maybe a day in Iceland to break up the flights if that is not too massively expansive (another issue).

Icelandair advertises it allows free layovers in Iceland for its passengers.

On your next journey across the Atlantic, take advantage of the option to stop in our beautiful home for up to seven nights at no additional airfare.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 2:56 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Okay, finally my question: Can I take her to inspect or at least get pictures of a J or F seat on a plane? Not really sure how to do this, since it means a flight to ORD from CMH that I take, but will UA or a *A carrier let someone on a plane these days to look it over?
Look for a travel fair or something, along the lines of http://eventegg.com/le-miami/ or http://www.cntfair.com/?r=exhibitors where airlines may be showcasing their seats

Not relevant to you but in the UK, you can try out a VS J seat in a few of the Virgin Money lounges (Virgin Money is a bank owned by Virgin Group and has nothing to do with the airline, they have a few random "lounges" in various cities which you can enter if you have an account, and some of them just happen to have a mock up of the plane seat)
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Icelandair advertises it allows free layovers in Iceland for its passengers.
Never noticed that on their web site, it sounds like a great idea. Will have to keep digging. thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D!
Look for a travel fair or something, along the lines of http://eventegg.com/le-miami/ or http://www.cntfair.com/?r=exhibitors where airlines may be showcasing their seats

Not relevant to you but in the UK, you can try out a VS J seat in a few of the Virgin Money lounges (Virgin Money is a bank owned by Virgin Group and has nothing to do with the airline, they have a few random "lounges" in various cities which you can enter if you have an account, and some of them just happen to have a mock up of the plane seat)
I have about as much of a chance of finding a travel show in the midwestern US as flying out to England to look over a Virgin Money Lounge! But the idea of flying over to see them is an interesting one!
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Never noticed that on their web site, it sounds like a great idea. Will have to keep digging. thanks!
There's actually a link to the Icelandair webpage in post #9 that takes you straight to the offer. Since you must have missed it, I'll repost it here: https://www.icelandair.us/flights/st...pos=US&lang=en.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.