Wiki Posts
Search

Combined meetup thread/database?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+

There seems to be a very active thread for BA EC meetups, and a few additional threads (most of them virtually dead) for specific other airlines.

Is there any thread here, or some resource elsewhere, that allows offering and requesting meetups in a more generic way? Many times guest lounge access is limited by alliance, not a particular airline, so it doesn't seem to me to make much sense to split the database by airline.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

welcome to Flyertalk.

in light of the multiple threads you have started, please take some time to read the stickies about what topics do and do not belong in the information desk, and where to find information. Of the six threads you've started, none are appropriate for the Miles & Points Information Desk. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...forum-684.html

as for this latest question, at most airports, you can't just guest anyone in flying any flight on any airline. There are separate terminals, and some require guests to be flying on the airline at issue. You'll just have to spend the 4 minutes to look up what lounges are in the terminal you're flying from in order to mooch off someone else's lounge access.

But there is a calendar on Flyertalk which seems close to what youre asking for: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lounge_connect.php

Last edited by Adam1222; Oct 6, 2015 at 9:24 am
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Adam1222
welcome to Flyertalk.

in light of the multiple threads you have started, please take some time to read the stickies about what topics do and do not belong in the information desk, and where to find information. Of the six threads you've started, none are appropriate for the Miles & Points Information Desk. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...forum-684.html
Sorry, will definitely be mindful of that going forward.

as for this latest question, at most airports, you can't just guest anyone in flying any flight on any airline. There are separate terminals, and some require guests to be flying on the airline at issue. You'll just have to spend the 4 minutes to look up what lounges are in the terminal you're flying from in order to mooch off someone else's lounge access.

But there is a calendar on Flyertalk which seems close to what youre asking for: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lounge_connect.php
Thanks, this seems like a great tool and I just added my offer there. Alas, it seems to have very low usage
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bamba70
Many times guest lounge access is limited by alliance, not a particular airline, so it doesn't seem to me to make much sense to split the database by airline.
I think that the concept of lounge meet-up for the sake of guesting in random people is a terrible idea (and, frankly, weird). It leads to lounge overcrowding with the inevitable result that benefits are taken away. A small minority ruining it for everyone again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.