Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Business FCO-MIA for two elders; need help navigating flyer talk

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Good Business FCO-MIA for two elders; need help navigating flyer talk

I'm hoping to get input on which airline is most comfortable for business class (2 people traveling together; both elderly) from Rome-Miami. Hoping to find a flight that's short as possible of course, but needs to be on a comfortable aircraft.
Where do I post such a question?
Thanks very much.
Also: I was hoping to find something that leaves Rome in early to mid-afternoon, but I think that's not possible? This means that the couple would have to overnight in Rome I suppose (coming off a cruise).
Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:53 pm
Community Director Emerita

You're welcome to post in the Information Desk forum. In fact, I'll report this post and ask the mods to move the query on with a more descriptive title. That forum is a catch all for questions from folks who are relatively inexperienced on FlyerTalk. The moderators there will typically allow a thread to remain for a few days, then move it on if there is another forum that is specific to the query.

I was curious so looked at google flights, flights.google.com. It only shows one nonstop from Rome to Miami, at least on the random date in May that I tried. It's on Alitalia. It leaves at 10:35am, arriving at 3:40pm.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Alitalia has a non-stop Rome-Miami. In some seasons it operates six times a week; others, daily. You will not beat that for travel duration. It departs in the morning on the dates I checked, around 10:30.

It is codeshared with Delta.

Details of the seating in Alitalia business class on the A330 and 777 aircraft.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...30s-b777s.html

SanDiego1K beat my slow typing!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome!

We'll send this over to the Information Desk; I think you'll get more support for some basic questions.

JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:40 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
SanDiego1K beat my slow typing!
And you were more informative. Teamwork!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:43 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Alitalia is pretty comfy in business class in fact i even wrote a trip report about it
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For two elderly people who presumably live it Italy a further advantage of booking them on Alitalia is that the FAa will all speak Italian. This is likely to make them more comfortable if they're not experienced international travelers. You can also easily get two seats together in business class, unlike on some aircraft with 100% direct aisle access.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
MPSeconomist has a good idea, and there are at least two airport hotels at FCO airport (I've stayed at both Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn). Nonstop, comfortable Business class...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.