Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jfk-waw connection worry

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

jfk-waw connection worry

I am arriving in jfk on a wednesday night via AA to catch a LOT to waw with just 1hr 45mins in between. These 2 are separate tickets, I have no check-in and with AA in Term8 and LOT in term1, I am worried sick about making it not being familiar with JFK. I also don't have assigned seat. Will this be enough time. Last summer, LOT left me in FRA due to my 45mins connecting time.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Originally Posted by onlydbest
I am arriving in jfk on a wednesday night via AA to catch a LOT to waw with just 1hr 45mins in between. These 2 are separate tickets, I have no check-in and with AA in Term8 and LOT in term1, I am worried sick about making it not being familiar with JFK. I also don't have assigned seat. Will this be enough time. Last summer, LOT left me in FRA due to my 45mins connecting time.
Where are you connecting from?

While this connection may be physically possible if you have any form of inbound delay you may miss your flight.

In the future try to schedule 3-4+ hour connections when traveling on different tickets and catching international trips.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
If the AA flight lands on time, you should make it - but it will be very tight. There is an train service that goes around the airport, and T8 & T1 are pretty close.

However, b/c you are on separate tickets - and LOT and AA are not in the same alliance - if you miss the connection b/c AA is delayed, LOT has no obligation to accommodate you.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks bdemaria. Last summer I was on one ticket but LOT still left me in FRA. (it took off 10mins before scheduled departure time, don't know if this is common with LOT) but since it's the cheapest direct to waw...
Will checking-in online speed things up for LOT?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Cross-Posting: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...l#post23377630
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Thanks bdemaria. Last summer I was on one ticket but LOT still left me in FRA. (it took off 10mins before scheduled departure time, don't know if this is common with LOT) but since it's the cheapest direct to waw...
Will checking-in online speed things up for LOT?
I can't judge what happened to you in FRA last summer, but because you were on one ticket LOT was committed to putting you on a later flight. But if you miss the flight this time, LOT has no obligation to get you to Poland. In addition, any further flights on the LOT ticket will also be cancelled.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"There is an train service that goes around the airport, and T8 & T1 are pretty close."

Unfortunately, the proximity of T1 and T8 does not help the OP in this case. The "All Terminals" AirTrain route runs in one direction only: 8-7-5-4-3/2-1. Allow about 10-12 minutes for the ride from T8 to T1.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Dang guv1976, that's good info ,I did not even consider that . I called LOT and they said check-in cut off time is 1hr before so trying to think of ways to shrink lapse time. Can I bypass the agent line and go directly to security line if I print my boarding pass. I only have carry-on. I don't know if JFKs security line can also be passport control. This is for wednesday at 10pm.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
jfk-waw connection worry

unfortunately there's not much that can be done now, but be prepared to miss this connection. You still havent said where you are flying from, but if international, Immigration alone can take an hour. I dont think this would have been a legal connection had you tried to book it on one ticket in that case.
There is no passport control leaving the US. But you will likely have to check in in person.
good luck.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Oh, direct domestic flight into JFK, US citizen.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
It might be to your advantage to switch to an earlier domestic flight to JFK, if possible, despite the extra expense that would entail. Since you still haven't said where you are flying from or whether your tickets are RT or one-way, it's impossible for anyone to offer more specific advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.