LOT jfk-waw connection worry

Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:12 am
Original Poster

LOT jfk-waw connection worry

I am arriving in jfk on a wednesday night via AA to catch a LOT to waw with just 1hr 45mins in between. These 2 are separate tickets, I have no check-in and with AA in Term8 and LOT in term1, I am worried sick about making it not being familiar with JFK. I also don't have assigned seat. Will this be enough time. Last summer, LOT left me in FRA due to my 45mins connecting time.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by onlydbest
I am arriving in jfk on a wednesday night via AA to catch a LOT to waw with just 1hr 45mins in between. These 2 are separate tickets, I have no check-in and with AA in Term8 and LOT in term1, I am worried sick about making it not being familiar with JFK. I also don't have assigned seat. Will this be enough time. Last summer, LOT left me in FRA due to my 45mins connecting time.
If you are arriving with a domestic AA flight, 75 min are the minimun connecting time. If you connect international - international, then 120 min are required...

Should be doable if flights were on time... Mind, if flying with 2 separate tickets means that you were not protected against misconnections...
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Cross-posting: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...l#post23378512
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Air. I thought no one would care to respond in this thread. Also, I am arriving JFK (domestic) so that actually makes me feel a bit better knowing I have more than 75mins. Thanks again

Last edited by onlydbest; Aug 17, 2014 at 3:18 pm
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:59 am

LOT and AA have interline agreement - having two separate tix is tricky indeed, but pls ask your check-in agent if he can issue BP also to WAW (should be doable if he'll be willing going an extra mile).
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:04 am

Don't do it.

If your incoming flight is late, your flight to WAW (and whatever further from there, like a return) is gone, and unless it was a flex ticket, you're out of luck. 2 hours on 2 PNR is way too little. Even if you have maybe a 90% chance of making it, I wouldn't do it. 3 hours at the very least, and even then, only when the incoming flight historically run on time at 95%++

Certainly there must be connections with other airlines to WAW (if this is your final destination) giving you more time to connect in JFK, which I would chose, even if it means connecting again at another airport in Europe (ZRH, FRA, etc)
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:15 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Rebbok to an earlier flight into JFK, that is a very risky connection to make on separate tickets.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:55 pm

are you on 1830 or 2245 flight?? for the 1830 departure you would encounter a clusterfxxx at security, for 2245 should be a much better situation, T1 is very easy to navigate, having centrally located security

if you land on time, you should be @T1 within 10-15min, expect another 25-35min for security (using regular security vs fast track)
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions and so I spent a full week of mad scramble to get an earlier flight. It's further complicated by me not being able to leave dfw before 1pm. So scared myself to bits following the flight stats of delayed flights to jfk. Finally was able to use my AAAnytime but the only good direct flight is 1:25p arriving LGA (!!!) 5:59p. LOT flight is 10:45pm . Now I have to worry about making it to JFK in NYC rush hour with a 4hrs 45mins connection time!
Any suggestions?

egon.olsen : I believe LOT left OneWorld last year and is now with StarAlliance.

Originally Posted by divjan
are you on 1830 or 2245 flight?? for the 1830 departure you would encounter a clusterfxxx at security, for 2245 should be a much better situation, T1 is very easy to navigate, having centrally located security

if you land on time, you should be @T1 within 10-15min, expect another 25-35min for security (using regular security vs fast track)
Divjan: my original AA1453 flight has been arriving late the past week. I don't know maybe due to people returning from vacations before school started.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
Thanks for the suggestions and so I spent a full week of mad scramble to get an earlier flight. It's further complicated by me not being able to leave dfw before 1pm. So scared myself to bits following the flight stats of delayed flights to jfk. Finally was able to use my AAAnytime but the only good direct flight is 1:25p arriving LGA (!!!) 5:59p. LOT flight is 10:45pm . Now I have to worry about making it to JFK in NYC rush hour with a 4hrs 45mins connection time!
Any suggestions?
This new option is preferable to what you had before, but one way or the other you are just asking for trouble doing this on two tickets where the airline will be under no obligation to protect you if something goes wrong.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
egon.olsen : I believe LOT left OneWorld last year and is now with StarAlliance.
hmm, no. LO was in the happy Qualiflyer alliance with Swissairs SAGroup holding having an equity share, but left that in the late 2003 to join *A when SR collapsed.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
hmm, no. LO was in the happy Qualiflyer alliance with Swissairs SAGroup holding having an equity share, but left that in the late 2003 to join *A when SR collapsed.
SR collapsed 2nd October 2001. Official "deathdate" of SR was 31st March 2002. LX replaced them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.