Search

Bangalore airport arrival wee hours

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2016, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa lifetime platinum
Bangalore airport arrival wee hours

Hello All:
we are arriving on QR at about 2 am and the rest of the tour group will be arriving on the emirates morning arrival at about 8am.

any advice on how to safely and comfortably spend this time?
are there hotels that can pick up and get us back to the airport in time to meet our group when they pick up their bags.
are there any restrictions to getting back into baggage claim to meet the rest of our group. there is a tour bus that is taking us to mysore on their arrival.
i suppose an option is to just get comfortable in the baggage claim area and read
don't know the airport at all so any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:54 pm

A lot of international flights land in BLR during the wee hours and the airport is well prepared for passengers at that hour. You can collect your bags, clear customs and then wait at a coffee shop or some other F&B outlet until the rest of your group arrives.

Waiting inside the customs area (i.e. in the baggage hall) is not a great idea. Even worse, trying to find a hotel for a few hours.

When the EK flight lands (check the display monitors), just go to the customs exit to locate your group. Even if you have not met them before, an American tour group is hard to miss.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
there are some hotels 20-30 minutes away....i would suggest clearing customs & hanging out in the arrivals area for the rest of your party....

also, check out this thread on some info on close by hotels:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...t-transit.html
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyinPete
A lot of international flights land in BLR during the wee hours and the airport is well prepared for passengers at that hour. You can collect your bags, clear customs and then wait at a coffee shop or some other F&B outlet until the rest of your group arrives.

Waiting inside the customs area (i.e. in the baggage hall) is not a great idea. Even worse, trying to find a hotel for a few hours.

When the EK flight lands (check the display monitors), just go to the customs exit to locate your group. Even if you have not met them before, an American tour group is hard to miss.
funny!!
its a british tour group .
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

thanks for all your suggestions .
my overnight airport experience consists of trying to spend the night at heathrow in 1969 to wait for my morning flight, and getting asked to leave. something one could handle at age 20 !
never tried in all these years since then . back to bangalore,
is the plaza lounge or the hourly hotel - next to the domestic check in counters- a possibility.? you can reserve in advance for both.
cheers.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
You wouldn't want to wait in the baggage claim area, but once you get outside of baggage claim there is a cafe coffee day (or perhaps it's another one). you can wait there. Don't go outside, as they won't let you back in -- outside there are some other coffee shops and a subway, but it is outside and the seating options are not great.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jkingsle
You wouldn't want to wait in the baggage claim area, but once you get outside of baggage claim there is a cafe coffee day (or perhaps it's another one). you can wait there. Don't go outside, as they won't let you back in -- outside there are some other coffee shops and a subway, but it is outside and the seating options are not great.
thank you.jkingsle :

i looked up the COFFEE DAY location. open 24 hours and in the departure area.
when you go outside of the baggage claim area , and i know this sounds idiotic,
can you access the coffee day departure location or is there an additional one just outside the baggage claim.
thanks for the tip about not going outside.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
There is a coffee day or similar in the arrivals area. If you leave the arrivals area and go outside or upstairs to departures, you can't get back in.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jkingsle
There is a coffee day or similar in the arrivals area. If you leave the arrivals area and go outside or upstairs to departures, you can't get back in.

thank you.
i will go the arrivals area and have coffee and will not go to departures or outside.your help is greatly appreciated.!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.