Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Any BLR Bangalore experts? (Overnight transit)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2014, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)

A trip in June 2015 will require me to depart from BLR on BA at 7AM. So, I can probably enter the airport at 1AM-2AM. However, according to OneWorld site, there does not seem to be a lounge for BA pax.

Are there any good inexpensive hotels by the airport? I should probably reach the airport no later than 4AM. I have no sightseeing interest, Just want to rest up before a chain of several very long flights.

I'd be starting in LKO and from there...

The earliest flight reaches BLR at 3:30 PM.
The cheapest one at 7:30 PM.
The last one at 11:15 PM (but may be risky to miss an international connection).

Ideas, recommendations?

Last edited by aktchi; Aug 4, 2014 at 12:45 am
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:17 am

Programs: 9W silver, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
Hi..

There are lots of resort styled hotels near the airport area in BLR.
There is a high end Angsana spa and resort within 15 mins.

You may catch a flight to BLR in the afternoon and relax before you board the 7 AM BA..
Lots of new projects are being developed in this area and since your travel is almost a year away, there might be lots of new properties by then, including an airport within the hotel (which I have heard might be charging in hours )

http://goindia.about.com/od/airporth...ort-Hotels.htm
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
http://www.goldfinchhotels.com/Retre...ut_retreat.php

i stayed here earlier this year....had an early morning flight back to delhi so moved here the night before my flight....at that time in the morning it took me 15 minutes to get to the airport....
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. Yes a lot can happen in one year: maybe BA will contract with some lounge by then, just as QR and Sri Lankan have. That will totally redefine the issue for me.

So I'll go about this search in a more relaxed way, but do have a few questions:

(1) When I look at various hotel booking site, many of them don't identify the BLR airport area by that name. So what is the common name of the neighborhood where the new airport is located?

(2) If I do decide to spend the evening in the city instead of an airport hotel, which part of the city should I target? How much time should I allow to get to the airport from there (late night)?

Last edited by aktchi; Aug 4, 2014 at 9:14 pm
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Try this it'll give you a list of hotels in the vicinity:

http://www.booking.com/airport/in/blr.html
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Try this it'll give you a list of hotels in the vicinity:
http://www.booking.com/airport/in/blr.html
Thanks! Though the list explicitly promises hotels near the airport, each one I looked at turned out to be 15-20 miles away, near MG Road etc.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
This will help you. http://www.booking.com/city/in/devanhalli.html
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:12 am

Programs: 9W silver, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by aktchi
Thank you. Yes a lot can happen in one year: maybe BA will contract with some lounge by then, just as QR and Sri Lankan have. That will totally redefine the issue for me.

So I'll go about this search in a more relaxed way, but do have a few questions:

(1) When I look at various hotel booking site, many of them don't identify the BLR airport area by that name. So what is the common name of the neighborhood where the new airport is located?

(2) If I do decide to spend the evening in the city instead of an airport hotel, which part of the city should I target? How much time should I allow to get to the airport from there (late night)?
The airport is in Devanahalli and hserus has already provided you with a link for the hotels there.
I think it will take an hr at max to commute from any hotel in the CBD (MG Rd etc) to the airport at that time in the night

Last edited by bpbindaas; Aug 5, 2014 at 12:19 am
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hserus
Originally Posted by bpbindaas
The airport is in Devanahalli and hserus has already provided you with a link for the hotels there. I think it will take an hr at max to commute from any hotel in the CBD (MG Rd etc) to the airport at that time in the night
Thank you both. This is extremely helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.