Wiki Posts
Search

Jaipur Hotel...any idea?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Jaipur Hotel...any idea?

Hello all,

I will stay for 3 nights in Jaipur during my golden triangle tour.

Jaipur city tour part 1 (Amber fort, Hawa Mahal-a Palace?)
Jaipur city tour part 2 (city palace, Jantar Mantar?)

This is how I plan to spend this 2 days. Can you please recommend me a good Hotel? I have a driver but I don't know how distant all this spots are, and the less driving around the better.

ITC Rajputana seems to have a fair price and it is central... but not sure if central is what I need.

Thanks a lot!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
go with the itc....its my hotel of choice in jaipur....
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
We enjoyed the Country Inn & Suites. We used points. With the USA-issued credit card's bonus award night, it was a great deal.
Old May 5, 2015, 9:05 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I'd probably go with the ITC.

We recently stayed at the Rambagh Palace for 3 nights. Although a nice experience, we found it a bit over priced compared to other hotels of a similar rating in India.

We'd go ITC next time.
Old May 6, 2015, 12:39 am

Some of the best hotel in Jaipur are Jaipur Palace, The Oberoi Vanyavilas, ITC Rajputana, Rambagh Palace and The Oberoi Rajvilas.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Bumping this thread for updated feedback

Hi All-
It looks like I'll be in Jaipur for a couple of nights this August with my family, doing the usual tourist things. I think I basically have four hotel options to take advantage of my status and get breakfast included with my room-- the Hilton (as HH Diamond), the Marriott (as MR Gold), and the ITC or Le Meridien (as SPG Gold). Costs look pretty similar across the board for the first three, with the LM coming in 20-30% higher. It sounds like back in 2015 the ITC was the preferred choice. For those of you who have stayed recently, would that still be my best bet, or would you opt for one of the other three? Any particular property that my kids might enjoy more than the others?
thanks for your help!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by whimsey21
Hi All-
It looks like I'll be in Jaipur for a couple of nights this August with my family, doing the usual tourist things. I think I basically have four hotel options to take advantage of my status and get breakfast included with my room-- the Hilton (as HH Diamond), the Marriott (as MR Gold), and the ITC or Le Meridien (as SPG Gold). Costs look pretty similar across the board for the first three, with the LM coming in 20-30% higher. It sounds like back in 2015 the ITC was the preferred choice. For those of you who have stayed recently, would that still be my best bet, or would you opt for one of the other three? Any particular property that my kids might enjoy more than the others?
thanks for your help!
the itc is still nice & its where i always stay when i am in jaipur....how old are your kids????they may enjoy the le méridien the most....
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
the itc is still nice & its where i always stay when i am in jaipur....how old are your kids????they may enjoy the le méridien the most....
They are 9 and 12. What might they like about the Le Meridien?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They are 9 and 12. What might they like about the Le Meridien?
the resort type feel of the property is what my kids enjoyed but they are a lot younger....there also used to be live folk music & puppet shows but i'm not sure if they still do that....
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
the resort type feel of the property is what my kids enjoyed but they are a lot younger....there also used to be live folk music & puppet shows but i'm not sure if they still do that....
Thanks for the tip- I'll take a closer look at the Meridien. I noticed it is a bit out of town- would it still be a reasonable place from which to hit the tourist sites?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Thanks for the tip- I'll take a closer look at the Meridien. I noticed it is a bit out of town- would it still be a reasonable place from which to hit the tourist sites?
When I stay in Jaipur or any other Rajasthani cities, I almost always retain a car+driver for the time when I'm there. I consider the property a reasonable option to hit the tourist sites.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:47 am

Hi whimsey21,

I have visited Hotel Hilltop Palace hotel and it is the best hotel. Their food and service are so good. Further, the city palace is near to this hotel.

The other location might be 4-5 hours ride from this hotel.

You can know more about this hotel by below link:

https://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Rev...Rajasthan.html
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:02 pm
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
My vote is for the ITC Rajputana - very comfortable, excellent service, centrally located.
Of course the Le Meridien is a good choice if you do not mind the location and distance to attractions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.