Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Regular India Visa questions

Old Aug 28, 18, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

How much in advance are yo allow to apply for the Regular India Visa online?
One question is to list all the countries you have visited in 10 years....I have been to many countries and should I be listing ALL that is in my passport?
Would visiting Tanzania be a red flag? Turkey a red flag? I just got my 10 year Chinese Visa and I had to explain why I visited Tanzania within the last 12 months.
Old Aug 29, 18, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by metoo View Post
How much in advance are yo allow to apply for the Regular India Visa online?
when do you plan to travel????

One question is to list all the countries you have visited in 10 years....I have been to many countries and should I be listing ALL that is in my passport?
yes you should....

Would visiting Tanzania be a red flag? Turkey a red flag? I just got my 10 year Chinese Visa and I had to explain why I visited Tanzania within the last 12 months.
i don't think it would be a good idea to leave out any country just because you think it would raise a red flag, although i don't think visiting tanzania or turkey would raise one in any case....

Last edited by Keyser; Aug 29, 18 at 5:30 am
Old Aug 29, 18, 7:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I think only a visit to Pakistan would raise questions. Usually the entire process takes less than a week.
Beltway2A likes this.
Old Aug 29, 18, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Keyser- won't be till early January 2019 but won't be able to apply for visa till I am back from my China trip.
Oliver2002- Never been to Pakistan

Hoping for the 10 year visa. By the time I would need to apply, believe I only have 1 1/2 year b4 my US passport expire. No time to renew passport before applying for the Indian Visa.

Is the tourist visa all (10 years) or none?
Old Aug 29, 18, 11:36 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
Keyser- won't be till early January 2019 but won't be able to apply for visa till I am back from my China trip.

Hoping for the 10 year visa. By the time I would need to apply, believe I only have 1 1/2 year b4 my US passport expire. No time to renew passport before applying for the Indian Visa.

I do believe you can get a shorter one as well. I remember two choices on the form when I applied (the longer one being 10 years).
Old Aug 30, 18, 12:25 am

You can travel with your new passport and the Indian visa in your old passport.

As I recall, I abbreviated countries and had no problem listing everything.
Old Aug 30, 18, 7:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott GLD; Hilton GLD; Free Agent (former AA PLT/US GLD)

I used to regularly travel with my Indian visa in an old passport, in addition to bringing my current passport.

I most recently applied for a 10 year visa with ~4 years left on my current passport. I received a visa that expires when my current passport does.

Search this Thread