Search

YOUR India visa application experience with CKGS @USA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
Aren't OCI visas already "lifelong" (non-expiring)? I assume PIO will get something identical.
Yes. "Lifelong" is listed on most of them, at least nowadays.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Yes. "Lifelong" is listed on most of them, at least nowadays.
Lifetime only if you are less than 50. As of now you have to reapply at age 50 for OCI. Let's see what happens with the merge.

Also I've heard stories of charges not going through on CKGS. Meaning the charge goes through for payment and shows as pending but in the end never gets charged to the person. CKGS is incompetent in turning in their paperwork with banks and it will cost them.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
No visa on arrival until June
Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
http://www.business-standard.com/art...0400627_1.html
Old Oct 5, 2014, 1:06 pm

Two visa packets FedExed on 9/12, received 9/15.
Requests for Additional Particulars forms on 9/17 (it hadn't been on the list they directed us to).
Additional Particulars forms emailed on 9/18, then told by a different rep that this was not acceptable.
Additional Particulars forms FedExed on 9/19.
Confirmation of receipt of emailed Additional Particulars form sent. Replied that form was FedExed as well.
Notification that application was at embassy received on 9/26 for one of us; no notice for the other.
Notification that application was returned to CKGS from the embassy received on 9/29 for one of us; no notice for the other.
FedEx return notice to one of us on 10/1, nothing to the other.
FedEx return notice to the second applicant on 10/2, with simultaneous notices about transit to/from the embassy.

Last edited by SusanKennedy; Oct 6, 2014 at 2:48 am
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: United, Continental
I have given up and requested the return of my passport. I applied at the SF Embassy. CKGS indicates that it processes within 3-5 business days but that seems to translate into two weeks or more consistently. I applied for a conference visa with the required documentation per the website. I was told that I would also need a letter from the Ministry of Home Affairs AND a letter from the Ministry of External Affairs approving the conference. Needless to say, the conference organizers were not able to get these letters. Errors and confusing statements posted in the online updates. I started this process around the beg. of Sept. Still waiting for my passport to be returned.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:43 pm

Question application question

Dear all,

I would be very grateful if one of you could answer this or point me in the right direction!

I am applying for a 6 month tourist visa as a US citizen via mailing in. I have filled out all the information requested by CKGS including a money order for 95 dollars - 15 of which is for the return FEDEX.

I am really confused if I need to also include a return prepaid/pre-addressed FEDEX envelope with my order or if this is what my $15 extra dollars covers?

Many thanks!
Zalmi
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:19 pm

You do not need to include a return FedEx envelope.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 5:33 pm

Okay, we've got 17 people in the CKGS tourist visa pipeline--wish us luck!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Plat
Hi,

It looks like I'm heading to India for a conference in January. However, I need my passport for a trip the 1st week of December.

I won't be able to send my passport off until late this week/early next week (say October 27-ish) at the earliest, leaving me just over a 4 week window. I need to apply through Houston, which is saying they take 2 weeks for US citizens already.

From what I'm reading here, am I asking for trouble? If I wait until I'm back, I'm still looking at a 4 week window, and that would be over Christmas, plus waiting to buy my tickets.

I'm not sure if conference organizers are a government-sponsored organization. They may be affiliated with a university.

Any advice or words of wisdom on making this happen in time? Is it helpful to attach extra information about the conference organizers? Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:06 am

Anyone here have problems getting a visa while unemployed? I recently quit my job to travel and am going to India to marry my Indian fiance. The problem is I'm afraid my lack of a job will affect the consulates decision to grant me a visa ):

Has anyone gotten a visa after putting they're unemployed?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:47 am

Did anyone sending their application by mail fill out a courier form? The site seems to say it's required, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work and their call center numbers don't work. I paid the 15 dollar fee. I had a few questions, if this is actually required:

1. Is send courier to CKGS the fed ex/usps location I am sending my package from? So if I sent it from USPS on 123 Tree Rd I have to enter all of that?

2. What about return courier? How am I supposed to know the address of the place sending my stuff back to me?

3. What on earth is a pin code? I tried googling it and it seems to be an India specific term, so I don't know even know of postal carriers in the U.S. have these codes.

4. If I don't fill out this form, will I be able to get my passport back?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: Delta SM, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis First
Sent mine+wife to the Houston office via FedEx (paid shipping on my own, not through their site) and included a 'return authorization' shipping label and envelope, similar to what Amazon does.

Package received in their office on Sep 29, received a payment receipt on Oct 1. No update on our status from the website, though I did e-mail on Oct 13 and got a response that it was received and being processed.

Oct 15 received an updated payment receipt for a slightly lower amount ($80).
Checked website again on Oct 17 and it said we were processed and our passports could be picked up within 1 bus. day.
Fedex reported shipment later that day, arrived back on the Monday after (Oct 20), so 3 weeks total processing time.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
I currently have an Indian visa active until late June 2015. I'm planning on traveling for about 2 weeks starting in January 2015. Do I have to get a new visa (I know passports have a 6 month validity rule, but I don't know about visas), or can I travel with the existing one? (My passport is valid until 2020).
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by gmax58
I currently have an Indian visa active until late June 2015. I'm planning on traveling for about 2 weeks starting in January 2015. Do I have to get a new visa (I know passports have a 6 month validity rule, but I don't know about visas), or can I travel with the existing one? (My passport is valid until 2020).

Yes, you can travel with the current visa. You can travel on this visa till the date it's valid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.