Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways staff familiarity with Etihad Partners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways staff familiarity with Etihad Partners

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 9:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA OWE
Question Jet Airways staff familiarity with Etihad Partners

After a really poor show on AI that I have posted about in another thread I am wondering how familiar Jet staff in India are with the benefits of Etihad Partners?

I will be flying Jet in economy between several cities and have my Alitalia Gold Card number in the reservation.

I plan on checking in at business/premier counters and having lounge access per the shared benefits between Jet and Alitalia as Etihad Partner airlines but wonder if staff will be clueless about this.

Any experiences?

Thanks, D
Old May 20, 2016, 4:56 pm

What pecentage of pax they deal with on daily basis be eqnquiring about Alitilia Gold benefits? So dont be surprised that they are not familiar - same situation with Air Berlin topbonus.(They very well know about Etihad itself)

Easy way around this is to simply print the web page listing benefits you are interested in and show it to the staff.
Old May 20, 2016, 6:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA OWE
Originally Posted by desi
What pecentage of pax they deal with on daily basis be eqnquiring about Alitilia Gold benefits? So dont be surprised that they are not familiar - same situation with Air Berlin topbonus.(They very well know about Etihad itself)

Easy way around this is to simply print the web page listing benefits you are interested in and show it to the staff.
Thats what I thought Id do but this was before I was turned away from AI counter and told I had a fake (plastic card) Avianca Amigo Card clearly stating Star Alliance Gold and further told this airline wasnt in the Star Alliance
Old May 21, 2016, 12:47 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Privlige club Silver
When I asked for lounge access at their hub in BOM at the priority desk on showing my EY gold card for a BOM GOI flight I was told , Etihad is international airline your on a domestic flight

I kept the web page handy and showed them the benefits page, after a bit of fuss I had the lounge invite in hand

Strangely on my return flight, my cabin bag was 10 kg so I told them about my EY status and showed the card, she just input it in her system and on her own accord issued me a lounge invite, I was quite surprised given my exchange with the agent at their hub at BOM was so lacklustre and more so don't even know that Jet had a shared lounge at GOI (if u can call it one)

But somehow the training has overlooked their hub but seems to have reached the grass roots

karan
Old May 21, 2016, 10:10 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
I guess this is not just Jet bashing we should go for here. None of the partners know much. I travelled from BOM last week on a EY ticket but with my JP Plat status on it. EY refused to issue me a lounge access pass till it was challenged by me and asked for from a supervisor
Old May 22, 2016, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Development
Thats what I thought Id do but this was before I was turned away from AI counter and told I had a fake (plastic card) Avianca Amigo Card clearly stating Star Alliance Gold and further told this airline wasnt in the Star Alliance
that's nothing....i was once told by an ai agent over the phone that united was not part of star alliance....you are bound to come across clueless agents both with ai & 9w....
Old May 22, 2016, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
I guess this is not just Jet bashing we should go for here. None of the partners know much. I travelled from BOM last week on a EY ticket but with my JP Plat status on it. EY refused to issue me a lounge access pass till it was challenged by me and asked for from a supervisor
i agree....most of the partners are clueless....a few years ago i had ba gold status & was traveling on mh....i was refused lounge access until a supervisor got involved....infact, last month i was traveling on a mh award ticket in business class & was refused lounge access in maa....he insisted that passengers on award tickets don't get lounge access....i had to get a supervisor involved again....
Old May 22, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I was told by Qantas check in agent last week at CNS that I had no extra baggage allowance as OWE/ BA Gold. Had to ask her to call her supervisor, after the call, the agent quickly apologized for the lack of knowledge.
Old May 22, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Alitalia denied me excess baggage and lounge access in Milan last year when I showed them my Jet card.

I opened up the web page on my phone that clearly listed out the benefits but the agent flatly refused.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.