Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Trouble adding frequent flyer details to reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trouble adding frequent flyer details to reservation

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 11:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA OWE
Arrow Trouble adding frequent flyer details to reservation

The AI website wont let me add my AviancaBrasil-Amigo frequent flyer number to a reservation. I hold Star Alliance Gold with that program and am trying to add it to reservations booked on the AI website.

Initially AviancaBrasil-Amigo shows up as an option on the booking page but when I add my number it tells me there is an error. AI internet help agent led me to a different page and among all the Star Alliance Airlines AviancaBrasil-Amigo (O6) (and Avianca) were not listed as options.

I should add that the AI help desk tries to put my frequent flyer number under Avianca (AV) which is incorrect (this is a separate airline and frequent flyer program than Avianca Brasil).

I contacted AI by phone, they were no help. Is there an email or specific number I can call to try and resolve this?

Thanks! D

Last edited by Development; May 16, 2016 at 11:40 am
Old May 17, 2016, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
your best bet would be to present your frequent flyer card while checking in....
Old May 17, 2016, 4:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
your best bet would be to present your frequent flyer card while checking in....
I thought about that but have no confidence they would put in the correct airline (O6) either. Frustrating that I can't use this program as I am actually shifting a lot of my travel to South America and will be traveling to India more frequently as well. It seems like an IT issue as the website keeps reflecting the "other" Avianca is selected.
Old May 17, 2016, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Development
I thought about that but have no confidence they would put in the correct airline (O6) either. Frustrating that I can't use this program as I am actually shifting a lot of my travel to South America and will be traveling to India more frequently as well. It seems like an IT issue as the website keeps reflecting the "other" Avianca is selected.
air india has tons of it issues....worse case scenario if the number is not put in correctly at checkin then your frequent flyer program will be able to sort it out after your flight....you would just have to send them your boarding pass....
Old May 17, 2016, 1:25 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Before we all jump gun on "AI IT issues" this is a widespread problem as discussed here -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...gnized-sq.html

OP - Let us know how your check-in experience goes with AI ground staff - then may be we all will have something to b***h about AI
Old May 18, 2016, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeepSky
Ladies and Gentlemen!

Before we all jump gun on "AI IT issues" this is a widespread problem as discussed here -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...gnized-sq.html

OP - Let us know how your check-in experience goes with AI ground staff - then may be we all will have something to b***h about AI
ai has tons of it issues....this particular problem might be more widespread but it doesn't change the fact that ai's it department sucks....
Old May 18, 2016, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the name on the flight reservation exactly the same as in the ffp account?
100% exact including all text and all spaces
Computers do no recognize small errors that humans just read as being the same
Old May 18, 2016, 1:29 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Development
The AI website wont let me add my AviancaBrasil-Amigo frequent flyer number to a reservation. I hold Star Alliance Gold with that program and am trying to add it to reservations booked on the AI website.

Initially AviancaBrasil-Amigo shows up as an option on the booking page but when I add my number it tells me there is an error. AI internet help agent led me to a different page and among all the Star Alliance Airlines AviancaBrasil-Amigo (O6) (and Avianca) were not listed as options.

I should add that the AI help desk tries to put my frequent flyer number under Avianca (AV) which is incorrect (this is a separate airline and frequent flyer program than Avianca Brasil).

I contacted AI by phone, they were no help. Is there an email or specific number I can call to try and resolve this?

Thanks! D
I had a similar experience while adding my Avianca (AV) number to my AI boarding pass.
I tried to do it on the website, but it errored out. Then I tried the call center, but the stupid folks put it as AI FFP number instead of AV, which I only came to know at check-in.

I then tried to change the FFP at check-in, but they couldn't do anything about it either. Turns out that for any requests related to other FFPs than AI, only the guys at City Booking Office can add your FFP number to your reservation.

As posted earlier in this thread, if you can't go to their City office; the best bet is to ask for retro credit after you take the flight. Save the Boarding pass and mail the scanned copy to your FFP asking them to credit the miles. It may take weeks, but will be done in the end.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The SITA webcheckin AI uses is pretty good for adding FFP numbers when previously nothing worked. Sadly the airlines list is a dropdown, so if O6 is not listed there you are SOL.
Old May 18, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The SITA webcheckin AI uses is pretty good for adding FFP numbers when previously nothing worked. Sadly the airlines list is a dropdown, so if O6 is not listed there you are SOL.
Will try this next time, thanks for the tip!
Old May 18, 2016, 12:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The problem seems to be that the AI website doesnt include O6 AviancaBrasil on some of the drop down menus with other Star Alliance Airlines. The agent put in my correct FF number but listed it as Avianca (AV).

Any suggestions on who to contact at AI or Star Alliance? I assume they have some type of integration support or IT staff.

FWIW I have had some really nice experiences on AI but my frustration is that I want flights credited and benefits available when I travel.
Old May 18, 2016, 1:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Incredibly frustrating

I showed my physical AviancaBrasil-AMIGO card which clearly indicates Star Alliance Gold status at the AI counter at JFK. Manager insisted they are not part of Star Alliance and the card was not real. It was really something how insistent he was. I have a number of other trips I would use AI for, is there anyone who could rectify this disputation and have O6 recognized on Air India's IT systems?
Old May 23, 2016, 4:15 am

AI website works perfectly while claiming missing/retro miles after your trip ends.

Last edited by gtag; May 23, 2016 at 4:36 am
Old May 23, 2016, 7:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gtag
AI website works perfectly while claiming missing/retro miles after your trip ends.
But you see, its not AI miles I am trying to claim. Its Star Gold benefits I am trying to use and AMIGO miles I am trying to get.
Old May 23, 2016, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gtag
doesn't work 'perfectly' for me....this is the message i get when i try to claim retro miles:

Claim Missing Miles
Please contact service center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.