Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GuyFromBOM
AI-FR FAQs

Flight Ops
  • All Air India flights in the range AI10 - AI399 and AI900 - AI999 operate from International terminals.
  • At BOM - CSIA, all Air India flights (domestic and international) operate from International Terminal : T2 - with effect from October 1, 2015
  • At AMD - Ahmedabad SVP Airport, all Air India flights operate from International Terminal : T2- including flight AI614.
  • Check-in desks close 45 minutes before STD (Domestic flights)
  • Check-in desks close 60 minutes before STD (Domestic flights operating from International Terminal) (For International flights refer to the copy of eticket)
  • AirIndia Express is the LCC subsidary of AI (all Y seating) and doesn't have FFP concept in their systems.
  • All flights operating under 9I-xxxx series or AI 9xxx are operated by AirIndia Regional (aka Alliance Air - subsidary of AI). FFP benefits: Mileage Earning Only- NO REDEMPTION.

AI - Web Check-In
  • Web Check-In facility is available for most AI operated flights (except flights operated by 9I) from 48 hours prior to departure.
  • Web Check-In on Mobile

Baggage Info
  • AI-FR members get excess baggage allowance of 10kgs (Silver Club), 20kgs (Gold & Maharaja Club) OR 1 piece (upto 23kgs / 50lbs) for Silver, Gold & Maharaja Club members.
  • StarAlliance Gold members flying on AI flights, get excess baggage allowance of 20kgs OR 1 piece (upto 23kgs / 50lbs).
  • AI Baggage Allowance

Air India - Flying Returns FFP

FFP - Earning

FFP - Redemption

Contact Details

Membership Kit Related
  • Contact the Membership Kit dispatch team on +91 (0)22 61342252 (Monday to Friday between 10:00 to 17:00) or send an email to: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

AirIndia - FlyingReturns

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 1:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Going to apply for this card today.. Just wanted to check if anybody has recently completed the status match with Jet Platinum to AI Gold?
Old May 28, 2015, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
I have a query WRT the following benefit for AI-FR's Golden Edge Club members:

"Fixed cancellation/refund/rebooking fee will be Rs 200/- for tickets on all fare types issued on domestic sectors on AI flights"

Does the above benefit, also waive off the applicable fare difference or will that be charged?
Old May 28, 2015, 12:23 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
I have a query WRT the following benefit for AI-FR's Golden Edge Club members:

"Fixed cancellation/refund/rebooking fee will be Rs 200/- for tickets on all fare types issued on domestic sectors on AI flights"

Does the above benefit, also waive off the applicable fare difference or will that be charged?
before I answer that for you, what do you think?
Old May 28, 2015, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A2A
before I answer that for you, what do you think?
I already hear BigB's voice echoing: "Afsos.. Galat Jawaab" in the background.

I need to plan a return trip to DEL (preferably a returning on the same evening), which entails trips to Government departments.. Hope you understand my predicament!
Old May 28, 2015, 1:13 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
you still haven't answered what do you think...
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:00 pm

Hi,

Can someone tell me whom to get in touch with for my AI membership kit. Its been 2 months since my account got upgraded via SBI card spends and i havent recieved my kit yet.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nipunjami
Hi,

Can someone tell me whom to get in touch with for my AI membership kit. Its been 2 months since my account got upgraded via SBI card spends and i havent recieved my kit yet.
Check the contact number in the Wiki for this thread.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 5:10 am

[LIST] Currently, their IT systems are pricing the awards wrong as they are breaking an itinerary down for each segment of the trip. So, if you have a connection, then you will be charged for each segment separately.
e.g. a BOM-DEL-NRT-KIX award would be charged as BOM-DEL segment + DEL-NRT segment + NRT-KIX segment; instead of simply priced at the miles between Indian Subcontinent & North Asia/Far East as per the chart.

So if I am travelling PNQ-DEL-SYD, it would make sense for me to book the award ticket only on DEL-SYD route?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by filmosphere
[LIST] Currently, their IT systems are pricing the awards wrong as they are breaking an itinerary down for each segment of the trip. So, if you have a connection, then you will be charged for each segment separately.
they have been doing this for as long as the program has been around....
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by filmosphere
e.g. a BOM-DEL-NRT-KIX award would be charged as BOM-DEL segment + DEL-NRT segment + NRT-KIX segment; instead of simply priced at the miles between Indian Subcontinent & North Asia/Far East as per the chart.

So if I am travelling PNQ-DEL-SYD, it would make sense for me to book the award ticket only on DEL-SYD route?
Yes, PNQ-DEL would be charged separately. Only exception to this rule I could find is that when a domestic flight continues to an international destination while keeping the same flight no and vice-versa, then FR charges you the miles required for origin-destination travel only and not for intermediate segments.
e.g. If you were to travel on AI 314 which goes BOM-DEL-HKG-KIX for a travel between BOM and HKG, you would only be charged for BOM-HKG segment directly and not BOM-DEL+ DEL-HKG.

Hope this helped.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by deovrat
Yes, PNQ-DEL would be charged separately. Only exception to this rule I could find is that when a domestic flight continues to an international destination while keeping the same flight no and vice-versa, then FR charges you the miles required for origin-destination travel only and not for intermediate segments.
e.g. If you were to travel on AI 314 which goes BOM-DEL-HKG-KIX for a travel between BOM and HKG, you would only be charged for BOM-HKG segment directly and not BOM-DEL+ DEL-HKG.

Hope this helped.
Similarly if you travelled Goa - Moscow (via Delhi) or Kolkata - London (via Delhi) etc..
Basically wherever the same flight number continues on the onward journey and the pax does not take a stopover in the intermediate stop, they charge for the origin to end destination..
Wonder what happens when the pax tries a stopover in Delhi for instance ?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 7:09 am

is the ai website down again ? I cannot access it from this morning.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Originally Posted by wonderer9089
Yes it seems they are moving to the cloud 😆. Read about it in the morning newspaper that AI have decided to increase IT infrastructure spends.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: Blasé..
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Yes it seems they are moving to the cloud 😆. Read about it in the morning newspaper that AI have decided to increase IT infrastructure spends.
lol....Moving to Cloud has also brought Monsoon Sale for AI so another blow !
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wonderer9089
If the AI homepage doesn't work, try: https://book.airindia.in/itd/itd/Home
This link takes you directly to the booking page and has so far been immune to the heavy rush due to the Monsoon Sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.