Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GuyFromBOM
AI-FR FAQs

Flight Ops
  • All Air India flights in the range AI10 - AI399 and AI900 - AI999 operate from International terminals.
  • At BOM - CSIA, all Air India flights (domestic and international) operate from International Terminal : T2 - with effect from October 1, 2015
  • At AMD - Ahmedabad SVP Airport, all Air India flights operate from International Terminal : T2- including flight AI614.
  • Check-in desks close 45 minutes before STD (Domestic flights)
  • Check-in desks close 60 minutes before STD (Domestic flights operating from International Terminal) (For International flights refer to the copy of eticket)
  • AirIndia Express is the LCC subsidary of AI (all Y seating) and doesn't have FFP concept in their systems.
  • All flights operating under 9I-xxxx series or AI 9xxx are operated by AirIndia Regional (aka Alliance Air - subsidary of AI). FFP benefits: Mileage Earning Only- NO REDEMPTION.

AI - Web Check-In
  • Web Check-In facility is available for most AI operated flights (except flights operated by 9I) from 48 hours prior to departure.
  • Web Check-In on Mobile

Baggage Info
  • AI-FR members get excess baggage allowance of 10kgs (Silver Club), 20kgs (Gold & Maharaja Club) OR 1 piece (upto 23kgs / 50lbs) for Silver, Gold & Maharaja Club members.
  • StarAlliance Gold members flying on AI flights, get excess baggage allowance of 20kgs OR 1 piece (upto 23kgs / 50lbs).
  • AI Baggage Allowance

Air India - Flying Returns FFP

FFP - Earning

FFP - Redemption

Contact Details

Membership Kit Related
  • Contact the Membership Kit dispatch team on +91 (0)22 61342252 (Monday to Friday between 10:00 to 17:00) or send an email to: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

AirIndia - FlyingReturns

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Anish
I'm trying to book a LAX-SFO award ticket using AI miles but Flying Returns shows no availability even though United has saver awards available.

Should I try calling AI?
i've run into this before a number of times....i can see lots of saver awards but ai says no seats are available....
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
I think he is trying to find Star partner awards on Flying Returns website, which AI does not show.

You need to search for partner awards elsewhere and call AI to book.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by deovrat
I think he is trying to find Star partner awards on Flying Returns website, which AI does not show.

Got it, thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
One has to search on *partner* airlines to see what UA is offering to StarNet - and then only attempt a booking with AI.

UA might only be offering these awards to their own FF program members with MileagePlus.

Originally Posted by deovrat

Got it, thanks!
Originally Posted by Keyser
i've run into this before a number of times....i can see lots of saver awards but ai says no seats are available....
I'm trying to book a LAX-SFO award ticket using AI miles but Flying Returns shows no availability even though United has saver awards available.

Should I try calling AI?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
One has to search on *partner* airlines to see what UA is offering to StarNet - and then only attempt a booking with AI.

UA might only be offering these awards to their own FF program members with MileagePlus.
Agree with this. I'd deem Aeroplan the most trustworthy for UA awards for this very reason.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
AI - Discount redemptions offer ?

Hello,

In March (Holi) and April (Easter), there was an offer from AI for redeeming miles in US @ 60%.

Anyone has any clue whether this will be offered during or around Independence day in August too ?? Want to clean out miles and book some redemptions
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
I'd like to use some AI miles to upgrade a FCO-DEL flight. Could someone please help me with the procedure? Can this be done over the phone or do I need to visit an airport office?

Also how does AI confirm upgrades - Will it happen at the airport or is there a possibility of it happening in advance if seats are available?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I'd like to use some AI miles to upgrade a FCO-DEL flight. Could someone please help me with the procedure? Can this be done over the phone or do I need to visit an airport office?

Also how does AI confirm upgrades - Will it happen at the airport or is there a possibility of it happening in advance if seats are available?
you can actually do this online yourself....just log into your flying returns account & there is an option to upgrade your ticket....
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
you can actually do this online yourself....just log into your flying returns account & there is an option to upgrade your ticket....
Thanks! Any way to check award availability in advance before booking the ticket?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! Any way to check award availability in advance before booking the ticket?
look online....if a mileage ticket is available then there is availability to upgrade....
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:47 pm

Is there a reliable email address to reach out to Flying Returns team where I could expect a response, specifically about inventory availability? I need to contact them about an existing booking.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by kshastry
Is there a reliable email address to reach out to Flying Returns team where I could expect a response, specifically about inventory availability? I need to contact them about an existing booking.
It's all there in the contact us page of the AI website. Email address depends on your status with the program. They usually respond within a couple of days.

Given that this is regarding inventory and would be dynamic... wouldn't calling them be better?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Award Upgrade cancelled - miles not refunded automatically ?

Hi,
So I cancelled a ticket which was upgraded to J with FR miles. I assumed that the miles will get auto credited to my AI FR account but its been nearly 6 weeks but I don't see those miles in my account still.
While I will write an email, wondering whether is this usual ?

Thanx
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Hi,
So I cancelled a ticket which was upgraded to J with FR miles. I assumed that the miles will get auto credited to my AI FR account but its been nearly 6 weeks but I don't see those miles in my account still.

Thanx
Usually it happens automatically. Have you got your refund back? You should definitely chase over email and later phone to get your miles credited back.

Note that AI charges cancellation points on miles. More than 72 hours 20% of the miles & less than 72 hours - 100%.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Hi,

Thanx
i am in a similar boat....cancelled a ticket over 6 weeks ago & am still waiting for the miles to post....i've already called them about 10 times....each time they reassure me the miles will be back in my account in 24 hours....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.