Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GuyFromBOM
AI-FR FAQs

Flight Ops
  • All Air India flights in the range AI10 - AI399 and AI900 - AI999 operate from International terminals.
  • At BOM - CSIA, all Air India flights (domestic and international) operate from International Terminal : T2 - with effect from October 1, 2015
  • At AMD - Ahmedabad SVP Airport, all Air India flights operate from International Terminal : T2- including flight AI614.
  • Check-in desks close 45 minutes before STD (Domestic flights)
  • Check-in desks close 60 minutes before STD (Domestic flights operating from International Terminal) (For International flights refer to the copy of eticket)
  • AirIndia Express is the LCC subsidary of AI (all Y seating) and doesn't have FFP concept in their systems.
  • All flights operating under 9I-xxxx series or AI 9xxx are operated by AirIndia Regional (aka Alliance Air - subsidary of AI). FFP benefits: Mileage Earning Only- NO REDEMPTION.

AI - Web Check-In
  • Web Check-In facility is available for most AI operated flights (except flights operated by 9I) from 48 hours prior to departure.
  • Web Check-In on Mobile

Baggage Info
  • AI-FR members get excess baggage allowance of 10kgs (Silver Club), 20kgs (Gold & Maharaja Club) OR 1 piece (upto 23kgs / 50lbs) for Silver, Gold & Maharaja Club members.
  • StarAlliance Gold members flying on AI flights, get excess baggage allowance of 20kgs OR 1 piece (upto 23kgs / 50lbs).
  • AI Baggage Allowance

Air India - Flying Returns FFP

FFP - Earning

FFP - Redemption

Contact Details

Membership Kit Related
  • Contact the Membership Kit dispatch team on +91 (0)22 61342252 (Monday to Friday between 10:00 to 17:00) or send an email to: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

AirIndia - FlyingReturns

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:44 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Keyser
the remaining miles are refunded back to you....
I'm still waiting for a miles refund from an award ticket cancelled in March!! Have sent multiple emails and received multiple responses of little to no value.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AJLondon
I'm still waiting for a miles refund from an award ticket cancelled in March!! Have sent multiple emails and received multiple responses of little to no value.
i hear you....i've been there before....i even have an email chain with them that proves that they don't bother to read the mails before replying....the conversation went something like this:

me - i cancelled a ticket 4 months ago....i've received the taxes & surcharges amount back but am still waiting for the miles to be redeposited from your end....please let me know how long it would take....

them - we have initiated the refund back from our side....we request you to check with your bank....

me - please read my email again....i stated i have received the money back....i want to know when the miles will be redeposited....

them - miles will be redeposited 3-4 weeks from cancellation....

me - but i mentioned in my first mail that it has been 4 months....how much longer will it take????

them - it takes 3-4 weeks from the cancellation date....as far as the taxes are concerned we request you to check with your bank....

at this point i just gave up & escalated the issue with a contact i had at flying returns....the miles were back in my account later that week....

Last edited by Keyser; Sep 14, 2016 at 5:19 am
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:16 am

Hello everyone! Has anyone tried post to their AI6745 (DEL-MRU) flight operated by Air Mauritius on Flying Returns? Specifically on Fare code U? How does it earns? because apparently I couldn't see accrual chart of Air Mauritius on Flying returns. Hope you can help me out
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aerik
Hello everyone! Has anyone tried post to their AI6745 (DEL-MRU) flight operated by Air Mauritius on Flying Returns? Specifically on Fare code U? How does it earns? because apparently I couldn't see accrual chart of Air Mauritius on Flying returns. Hope you can help me out
You booked an AI codeshare, you will get points according to AI's own fare basis. Air Mauritius accrual structure does not come into picture here regardless of them operating the flight.

U class on AI flight number should earn you 50% miles for the sector.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:34 am

Codeshare

Originally Posted by deovrat
You booked an AI codeshare, you will get points according to AI's own fare basis. Air Mauritius accrual structure does not come into picture here regardless of them operating the flight.

U class on AI flight number should earn you 50% miles for the sector.
Does this also applies to other codeshare partner of AI? Because I noticed that they have also included codeshare with other *A partner?

I really find AI's codeshare policy rather confusing. On the *A page it says you earn based on the booking class of the operating carrier, but then on codeshare flights page it says you have to book in an AI flight number, even for their *A carrier to earn. Asking customer support over the phone and through e-mails doesn't yield positive results so I have given up on them.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by aerik
Does this also applies to other codeshare partner of AI? Because I noticed that they have also included codeshare with other *A partner?

I really find AI's codeshare policy rather confusing. On the *A page it says you earn based on the booking class of the operating carrier, but then on codeshare flights page it says you have to book in an AI flight number, even for their *A carrier to earn. Asking customer support over the phone and through e-mails doesn't yield positive results so I have given up on them.
It always depends on who issues the ticket. If its a ticket with Star Alliance airline flight number, operated by the same airline; Star Alliance earning chart will prevail. If its an AI flight number, and operated by a AI/Star Alliance airline, then AI's own chart will apply.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by deovrat
It always depends on who issues the ticket. If its a ticket with Star Alliance airline flight number, operated by the same airline; Star Alliance earning chart will prevail. If its an AI flight number, and operated by a AI/Star Alliance airline, then AI's own chart will apply.
I disagree, I have always known *A FFP's to always depends on whoever operated the flight. But thank you for your response I appreciate it.^
Old Oct 16, 2016, 12:34 am

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
AI award chart for travel on partner airlines: http://www.flyingreturns.co.in/image...dchart2016.pdf

Looks cool!
Old Oct 16, 2016, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by paag
AI award chart for travel on partner airlines: http://www.flyingreturns.co.in/image...dchart2016.pdf

Looks cool!
Thanks for the link, but thats about the worst colour combination in a chart ever ! Looks like they got some interns for free !!

Anyway, all it does is mask the horrible burn rates. 100k points for a one-way economy ticket from North America to India?
United will offer you a roundtrip economy for 85k or a one way business for 80k.
Lifemiles will also offer you a roundtrip economy for 85k or a one way business for 78k.

India to Australia for 90k one way ! If I transfer my credit card points to Krisflyer, I can get a business class seat on SQ for less than that number.

Really got to wonder what these guys are smoking !

Last edited by deovrat; Oct 16, 2016 at 4:24 am
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:22 am

Programs: Blasé..
I could hv used MS Excel better and colors too .... dumb....absolutely returning my AI-SBI Signature card now - Suddenly JP looks incredibly delicious and tasty until CV gets it act some more together! AI-FR a perfect case-study of RICHIES to RAGS - I mean with *A backup they could hv done so much with FR and earned a hefty meat out of it - Alas AI!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by paag

Looks cool!
Any idea about the YQ / Fuel Surcharges on the *A partner redemptions?
How is the availability?

IMO, JP is more or less the same.. with FR edging them out with elite tier earning on a far wider range of carriers.

UK has revamped CV with attractive ratios, but it may be just temporary as a part of marketing plan.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
Any idea about the YQ / Fuel Surcharges on the *A partner redemptions?
How is the availability?
availability seems to be good but i've been quoted insane yq & taxes amount in the past....the last time i checked though was in june this year....
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, Southwest A-List, United MileagePlus Gold, Marriott/SPG Platinum
I'm having trouble booking partner awards. I booked through the call center two economy R/Ts from ORD-NRT on ANA. After several calls - and emails to validate passport details - the call center attempted to ticket the reservation. Was ultimately told 2 days later that ANA would not ticket the reservation, as they hold their award seats for their own members?

I later found two one way TPE-ORD tickets in business on Eva Air - confirmed availability on United website and the Air India call center was again able to see the flight and stated it was available. I've since made the payment for taxes but again the reservation still isn't ticketing and I'm told to call back in 2 days. Worried this is setting up for the same thing happening.

Have others experienced this level of difficulty in booking partner awards on Star Alliance carriers? Is there anything else I can do to further my chances of success?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:01 am

Any idea when AI is going to update their FR website? Looks like their program management company is sleeping over it for more than a month now. I am surprized AI is not looking into it considering they are part of *A.

Any insider information about upcoming offers (like the previous one)?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kshastry
Any idea when AI is going to update their FR website? Looks like their program management company is sleeping over it for more than a month now. I am surprized AI is not looking into it considering they are part of *A.

Any insider information about upcoming offers (like the previous one)?
being a part of *a makes no difference....ai has been terrible with stuff like this in the past & i don't see any changes happening anytime soon....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.